• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What do you guys think?

Every time I look at the oil cooler of my Griso, I will appreciate the engineering thoughts contained in the stock grill which obviously designed by someone who understands physic. (no offense to the designer of this blink blink CNC grill :) )

That’s part of the fun how I appreciate my Griso so I won’t take it away.

Phang

Doesn't look gaudy, it looks over articulated - too busy. I would leave it to the eagle alone to send the message. The SEIMM MG eagle would look better than the one shown. The one shown is a blend of the original eagle and the SEIMM eagle. One or the other... aerodynamics is lost too.

I would aggree, drop the Moto Guzzi Griso, and just leave the emblem. I fitted the rossopouro one in red, and love its simple but acentuated look. The original plastic is a bit cheap, as when it gets hot it warps and gets a bit ugly.

I have the black one on my Griso and like it. Just yesterday I caught the guy next to me at a light mouth "Moto Guzzi Griso...Wow" Now he knows what he admired.

All the best,

Mark

erice said:
I got the one from MG Cycle, but painted it black.
That Stucchi grille is made of polished stainless steel, correct?
What kind of paint did you use so that It would not chip off as soon as the first mosquito strikes it?

Phang said:
Every time I look at the oil cooler of my Griso, I will appreciate the engineering thoughts contained in the stock grill which obviously designed by someone who understands physic...
I agree 100%

Hi,
Phang said:
Every time I look at the oil cooler of my Griso, I will appreciate the engineering thoughts contained in the stock grill which obviously designed by someone who understands physic.
(no offense to the designer of this blink blink CNC grill :) )
Phang
I hope that the physics have more ways to unstand the way air blows by. :dry:
Because I don't like that oil cooler in any way downthere.
I don't like the asymetric look of those headpipes too. :?
I want to go looking for an other place for this cooler, in combination with other headpipes.
In the way the cooler is placed on the Stelvio, in higher front of the engine.
I don't have the money to do this yet, but it will come... some time.
It's on my wish list. :mrgreen:
Along with trying to make ABS on my Griso... :eek: a sort of Griso/Stelvio or Griso/Norge type of Guzzi. :blush:

Ad B

IMHO, the Griso's asymmetric layout reflects the eccentric sides, both geometry and character of this great motorcycle.

Phang
chinese%20smile.gif

Ad B said:
I don't like the asymetric look of those headpipes too...
I remember the first time I saw a Griso, back when it first came out; my reaction was "What the heck is that ugly thing?! Oh no, the folks at Guzzi must have lost their bearings...".

But then, slowly but surely, "that ugly thing" (including its asymmetry) grew on me, and when the 8V SE edition came out I made the mistake of asking my local dealer if I could test ride one, and it was all over... right then and there I traded in my oil-guzzling V7 Classic and bought the Griso.

Hi,

It's not that I dislike the asymetric lines...
I saw the Griso for the first time in my life in 2006.
OH MY GOD, what a beautiful bike, I yelled out to my wife... :eek:
The starting of love at first sight... :* (towards the Griso, I was in love with my wife allready... :blush: )
It took me to last year, autumn 2010, before I bought one.
But no 1100 now, like I saw in 2006. But the 1200 8v, nearly new. :p

I do dislike that oilcooler. :S
If I look to other Guzzi's, you see that fat cylinders, just under that you see that quite small block, crankcase.
When I look from the front, it's the look of some kind of bodybuilder... :huh:
A beast, an animal on small wheels...
Thát look, that's what my Griso must get. :whistle:

Ad B

I got what you mean, not too bad from the front view though
chinese%20smile.gif

Phang

Moto_Guzzi_Griso_r850_Mande.jpg

dscn1372grisoalks.jpg

Yes,

with your pictures you'll see what I mean... a bit.
These are pictures of a 850 Griso, he has no oil cooler.
Imaging these pictures, just with one heather pipe at each side :mrgreen:
Thank you, Phang.

Ad B

This is serial number one and was the prototype for the CNC bullet oil covers. I commissioned the Excellent machinist to come up with something else other the the cheesy and already deforming abs plastic cover. I like it !

oilcover-1.jpg

Ad B said:
...OH MY GOD, what a beautiful bike, I yelled out to my wife... :eek:
Much better than yelling out to your wife "OH MY GOD, what a beautiful girl!" as an attractive woman walks by... :laugh:

That's another advantage of being a Guzzi enthusiast; you can safely let go and fully express your aesthetic appreciation for beautiful things without getting punched in the stomach (or worse)...

draidt said:
This is serial number one and was the prototype for the CNC bullet oil covers. I commissioned the Excellent machinist to come up with something else other the the cheesy and already deforming abs plastic cover. I like it !

oilcover-1.jpg

Mi piace! That's nice. I gotta get me an AGIP sticker too.

Back