• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabrucru

Cruisin' Guzzisti
ciao amici

what do you think of this look? and what about using no mufflers at all?

thanks

david

It's not a bad look but the no mufflers would be stupid loud and obnoxious not to mention the upset to the tuning of the engine.
The exhaust system is part of the engine tuning and straight pipes don't help.

Heck, why don't you remove those pesky header pipes as well and just let it blow flames out the exhaust ports. That would be SWEEEEET!!!
Our you could use a properly designed exhaust system, but where's the sport in that, ehhh?

I've sold a few of these; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-stubby-mufflers/ - that help knock the edge off, but they are still LOUD, and aren't really made for performance. I have the correct fuel map as well so that you don't damage the engine. If you don't care about performance, it's up to you on how loud you want it to be.

I had Harleys for years and got lured into the hot rod exhausts. After running some long trips where I was tempted to get earplugs, I saw the light. My 2014 Indian has stock exhaust as does my 85 Guzzi I just picked up. They will both stay that way. If I want more performance than these bikes offer, I'll just buy an additional go-faster bike and use it when I have a death wish. Both of these bikes will go faster than I should and both can outperform me so I an satisfied. I am more likely to get an old 70's Eldo or a toaster tank Beemer as a resto project for pleasure than a faster louder bike. Nothing wrong with staying within design specs unless the performance parts add quality, durability, cooling and the like. Straying too far afield from what the bike was born with can be a royal pain in the ass. My stock Indian will out perform my former highly modified Harley. The best thing to put on your bike is road dirt and bug splatters.

Louder pipes act as safety measure, the weekend drivers will hear you better. Ofcourse this bike is way too loud, but I think the stock V7 is a bit quiet. Somewhere between the 2 would be ideal I think.

Louder pipes act as safety measure, the weekend drivers will hear you better. Ofcourse this bike is way too loud, but I think the stock V7 is a bit quiet. Somewhere between the 2 would be ideal I think.

Not really. threats come from in front of you. All the sound goes behind you. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off.

I gotta agree with the previous 2 people. "Loud pipes save lives", as they call it here in the US, is complete bullshit. And if you are riding a motorcycle depending on other people to see you I expect you will have problems. The best way you can ride a motorcycle is as if you were invisible. Depending on loud pipes to protect you is a sure way to get run over. All they do is piss off the people that are behind you. It is mostly the people in front of you that are a threat to you and they can't hear the loud pipes.

That said, I do like aftermarket pipes that improve the sound of a motorcycle as long as they are not overly loud and as long as the rider uses proper restraint and shows consideration for those around him, i.e., don't go full throttle full revs in somebodies neighborhood.

That has to do with vehicles that make NO noise, and it does not have to do with THEIR safety but rather the safety of pedestrians.
So that has nothing to do with the whole "Loud pipes save lives" BS.
Unless you are actually worried about the lives of the pedestrians. And unless they are near deaf pedestrians you only need to make a normal amount of sound / noise.

Great answers!!...i m more inclined to the silent mode...i hate annoying people

I have the GuzziTech 2 into 1 exaoust on my bike I have both the stubby muffler and the mega phone mufflers. I switch between the 2, takes about 10 minutes. The stubby is loud but not even close to Harley loudness. They both sound great in my opinion and the wife likes it too. As per being noticed I think any sound will help. When I had the stock exaoust I had 2 kids ride bike right out in front of me and I can guarantee they would here and notice me now. Plus I get many more thumbs up now then before which tells me people notice a better sounding bike. and also more people looking in awe. Stock I thought it sounds like a moped now thanks to GuzziTech I have 2 options of awesome sound.

If you want that look you could make a couple of baffles to fit in the headers.
As for loud pipes well you can have loud pipes that don't sound to good or loud pipes that sound awesome!
In my opinion the v7 needs straight through pipes it's a v twin all v twins need louder pipes don't they?:cool:

My first set of pipes on the HD were Bassini slip ons that gave a deeper throaty rumble that was nice. As I changed out more stock parts, Cams, pistons, jugs, ECU, etc, I decided to go with tru-dual Rineharts that had a larger diameter flow, that truly did add noticeable performance improvements. But they belched annoying decibels out the rear and I was embarrassed driving it. Felt like a little bitch boy trying to look tough. I pulled the baffles out and wrapped them in heat shield tape and that slightly tamed them down from knuckledragger level to merely obnoxious poser. As I use my eyes, mirrors and brain to stay as safe as two wheels allow, I can't say loud helped me. Mine was rival preacher loud, but deer still crossed the road in front of me and moron cagers still did stupid stuff all around me. My Indian has stock pipes and it is throaty and does bellow a bit when you wind it up, but people behind me aren't giving me the finger and questioning whether or not I have excess unfilled real estate in my codpiece. A good rumble is pleasing, but setting off car alarms and waking neighbors is just plain rude. BTW, I radically modified my Harley and my stock Indian can eat it alive. Learned a valuable lesson there. No sense trying to turn a tank into sports car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back