Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

What Guzzi is this?

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by IppoJ, Aug 13, 2013.

1. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

Anyone know what Guzzi this is? I'm interested in the headlight; it's a projector and I'd like to see if it could be fitted to the Griso.

[​IMG]

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Looks like an 1100 Breva with Hepco Becker engine guards. Don't be in a hurry to get that headlight. It isn't that good. It is so poor, I'm reluctant to ride my Breva after dark.

3. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

It couldnt be worse than the Griso

4. Ad B

Ad B Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi,

mmm. I'm quite satisfied with the light of my G12.
    Okay, you see less as during daytime, but that's normal... :mrgreen:

Ad B

5. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

HHmmmmmmm...... My Griso is the worst of all my bikes except my wifes ex250 kwaka(ninja to some folks)! The original H/light on the T3 was worse but a halogen globe fixed it years ago. My fav is on the Monster even with a standard 55/60w globe. Thankyou Mr Bosch...
    I think the Griso needs the little globe shroud (that many cars have) to deflect the light back onto the reflector :) ;) ;)

6. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

The Griso's is pretty good for being seen during the day since it throws light everywhere. I also put in an Hella Yellowstar bulb which is very eye-catching. But night time is like driving with a glowstick.

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I've been considering one of these http://store.revivalcycles.com/collecti ... dheadlight but I haven't tried it yet. It would probably require making spacers/adapters to mount to a modern Guzzi.

8. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd bet that would drop right into the Griso's housing!

9. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

Back to the original question. It's a B12, not imported to the US. Same as the S12 but with B trim, but the front fender appears to be the same and the Norge, note the flat black paint in the center. The headlight bucket seems to be too deep to fit the Griso. Not sure the Griso would look good with a big snout.

The revival headlight looks great. Would work on on my T-3 but would have to route the wiring harness away from the headlight bucket. Bah - too much work. Anybody seen this headlight in action?