• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What is the most current Map for Griso 8V is?

NickSzasz

Tuned and Synch'ed
My 8v was updated in late Sep 2008 with what was in Axone 6.0.2
By bike is in to have the camshaft recall work done and thought I'd have the map refreshed is the was a newer one - and if it was recommended. So what is the verdict?

Yes I could ask my dealer, but he's had problems getting the latest software from the importer over - so thought I'd do some investigation here first - thanks.

Nick

6.0.2 predates the Ark and certainly predates ANY of the 8V motors and may even predate any of the 5.9 computered bikes!

The most current upload, unless there has been a new one since I've been away, is 7.0.2 I believe and I think the #2 map came out with 7.0.0 but that is purely from memory.

Your bloke HAS to learn how to download the updates from the net. This is the problem. They are there in Japanese I'm sure as it is one of the language choices. It's a bit of buggerizing around but if a complete 'Tard like me can work it out anyone can.

Pete

Pete: Is that latest version applicable to the Stelvio as well being that they are the same 4valve engine?
FBC

This has been covered pretty well on the Stelvio board I think.

I've had no experience with the #2 map for the Stelvio. It apparently exists but is part of some separate 'service' package that the dealer has to apply to either Texa or Guzzi for. In Oz, because of our small market, that sort of issue and request is dealt with BY the importer and then if we're lucky us minions at the bottom of the food chain will be informed.

So, the thing is it seems there IS a second map available for the Stelvio but because it is not available as a general part of the ordinary Texa downloads I don't have it so i can tell you precisely NOTHING about it. Sorry!

The 2nd Griso map was just a general part of the Texa download and comes up under the 'Remapping' menu on the tool.

I've had no reason to try and find out more as yet as we've only just started getting Stelvios in Oz, (For reasons both boring and Byzantine to do with government regulations.). As soon as I know I've got one coming in I'll pester the importer.

Pete

Thanks Pete...

Seems he cannot download anything but instead receives updates on CDs from the importer. And those don't come until he chases after them. Anyway - thanks - now I know to push him for 7.02 or newer. Yes #2 was on version 6.0.2,,, I am very sure of that. I have emails from you mentioning it as you were helping us out.

So, has this second map evolved very much - or at all - since it was first released?

Nick

Nick, if this is really a problem I can probably download the info for him in english if he sends me his memory card but HE will need to get the activation code from Texa.

Every time the primary number of the update changes you need to apply to Texa for a new activation code.

I, oddly enough, haven't seen if I can change the language my Axone works in but all the updates seem to come through in all languages so my guess is that I could load 'em up in english and then he could *read* them in Japanese.

If you like I could buy another memory card for my tool, upload all the new shit on it and post it off to him to see if that works. Dunno how much the emory card costs but although extravagant it wouldn't be earth shattering.

OR another alternative would be for me to come over to the land of Nippon for a week and try and sort it all for him there. I've not been to Japan and would LOVE to visit the country as a whole and see places like the Honda museum. If we can work out a real cheap air-fare and you can feed and bed me, (Figuratively speaking!) while I'm there I'd be more than happy to come over and try and help him sort through any issues he's having!

Pete

pete roper wrote:
Nick, if this is really a problem I can probably download the info for him in english if he sends me his memory card but HE will need to get the activation code from Texa.

Every time the primary number of the update changes you need to apply to Texa for a new activation code.

I, oddly enough, haven't seen if I can change the language my Axone works in but all the updates seem to come through in all languages so my guess is that I could load 'em up in english and then he could *read* them in Japanese.

If you like I could buy another memory card for my tool, upload all the new shit on it and post it off to him to see if that works. Dunno how much the emory card costs but although extravagant it wouldn't be earth shattering.

OR another alternative would be for me to come over to the land of Nippon for a week and try and sort it all for him there. I've not been to Japan and would LOVE to visit the country as a whole and see places like the Honda museum. If we can work out a real cheap air-fare and you can feed and bed me, (Figuratively speaking!) while I'm there I'd be more than happy to come over and try and help him sort through any issues he's having!

Now there's an idea!
We'd (speaking for all of Japan - well,,, at least all the MG riding Japanese!) would love to have you here. I'd be pleased to help set you up here, fix up some intros, help plan an itinerary, take you for a ride through the Japanese countryside - lots and lots of twisties,,, the country is 80% mountainous ya' know!

Here's a video I shot 2 weeks ago around a volcano just a 2 hour ride from the city - you can't see the bike much, but I'm on a G 8v.
http://www.vholdr.com/video/mt-aso-ride-japan

So happens I'm in the early stages of planning a "MG Rally" for our area - Kyushu. How is early October for you? Excellent dry weather here then - with plenty of golden brown rice feeds at harvest. The event will draw a lot of older MG's and apparently a good gaggle of Marni's.
Check here for (sparse) details:
http://web.me.com/szasz/kmgc/home.html

I'm in Fukuoka City which is between Hiroshima and Nagasaki (to name some more famous towns) - fair size town but friendly and both beaches and mountains nearby,,,,,, come'on over.

Most people enjoy a visit to Japan - and everyone finds it at least find it "educational" - and anyone into motor bikes will LOVE to see all that is on the roads here...

dozo! matte imasu!

Nick

Pete

Back