Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

What is this for?

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Bikebuster56, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Bikebuster56

Bikebuster56 Just got it firing!

So I picked up this '07 b11 last week, and while cleaning on it and after I removed the instruments to open it up and clean out the moisture, I find this little plug hanging down behind the headlight. I looked all over and couldn't find where it might go, so I pulled the tank and still can't figure out where it goes. Anyone here recognize it and where it goes?

Thanks. 20191202_190709.jpg 20191202_190715.jpg

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Possibly power cable for a GPS? Where does the other end of the cable connect?

3. Bikebuster56

I can't even tell where the other end connects to. It goes up under the steel cross piece just below the vin plate. Looks like I'd have to remove a few things to get to it, like the airbox and the little plastic vapor vent tank in front of the airbox, and ....

4. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

2 mount holes like it's a air temp sensor maybe.

Adam Davis likes this.
  5. Roblatt

Roblatt High Miler

I have an '06 B11 which I've had tank and air box off many times and not seen a cable like that. If there are no faults codes showing and the bike runs well, it's most likely an aftermarket item. I've always found that if anything is disconnected or not right, the dash faults pick it up.

6. Bikebuster56

Yeah the more I look the more it looks like an aftermarket cable. I didn't have time today to tear into it more so will try tomorrow to follow it to wherever it's connected. At first I thought it might be for the heated grips but I think they're working ok. Before I took the dash off I did notice the grip heater icon on the dash and the three different heat settings, and I think they started to warm up but I didn't leave them on for long.
    I'll post a update when I figure it out .. or not.
    Thanks guys.

7. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

The plug itself looks like one I've seen on a Garmin GPS. Mine was an old GPSV so didn't have the ears. But it's a good guess.

8. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

That is the plug that attaches to a Garmin Zumo 550. The former owner, apparently, removed his Zumo, but not the power cable.

Attached Files:

Robert Gibson likes this.
  9. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Don’t you just love this forum. Someone out there invariably has the answer.

10. Bikebuster56

Thank you RV, that's it!
    As Robert says, I just knew someone would know. Good deal, nothing to worry about. Now I know I can remove it without worry.
    Hey Robert, you want that cable after I remove it? I'll send it to you free.??

11. Bikebuster56

Or I should offer it to Roadventure first, and if he doesn't want it it's up for grabs for free.

12. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Thanks for the offer. I have a TomTom.