• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What it's about....

20001200c

Tuned and Synch'ed
Went out on Sunday here in the North West UK, from Preston to Clitheroe, through the Forest of Bowland to Kirby Lonsdale, to Sedbugh, onto Kirby Stephen and Appleby, across to Ullswater via Penrith, over the Kirkstone Pass, down to Ambleside, through Great Langdale, along Coniston and back home.... 225 miles in glorious sunny weather, in God's own country, with the sights and smells of summer.... And the sun setting in my mirrors on the way home was a great end to the day too....

Maybe next time I'll take the camera along to let you all know how lucky I am to have it all on my doorstep....

It's days like that one that make you realise why travelling by bike is soooo great, and I felt even more special because I didn't see another Guzzi all day!!

Enough of my blathering, I'll go for a lie down in a dark room with my thoughts.....

God's own country you say :p , how many day's a year do you get like that. I think your God is abusing you. The God who rules this convict settlement gives us these sort's of day's all year round :laugh:

Hey Double - Don't tell them that, they all might find out our secret :p

Nice to see you blokes in the North getting some good weather though - enjoy!

Mike.C wrote:
Hey Double - Don't tell them that, they all might find out our secret :p

quote]

Good point, but we can make it a rule that they have to stay in Victoria, within 5 minutes of being on the road they will loose their lisence:eek:hmy: and have to go back home:woohoo:

double.d wrote:
God's own country you say :p , how many day's a year do you get like that. I think your God is abusing you. The God who rules this convict settlement gives us these sort's of day's all year round :laugh:

G'Day D and Mike,

You cane toads must have short memories;)

I seem to remember something about floods, highways cut, cars washed into the sea, furniture blown off tall buildings and beaches washed away.:unsure:

But today is the 3rd of a new month and that was all last month. I suppose it can't be perfect everyday:(

I am sure that your memories will be shorter tomorrow, as you will have forgotten about the flogging that us Cochroaches are going to give you Cane Toads tonight.B)

Go the Bluuuuuuuuuuues

Greg

Hi, I`m with Neil here, I live nr. Preston and that is one of my favourite runs, either with a group or on my own. There are so many alternatives to try when the main scenic routes get busy.....:cheer:

Just thought I`d get that in before you Aussies start killing yourselves......:laugh:

BTW My Sis in Melbourne is praying for rain this winter.....again...My Niece and her hubby were burnt out of Marysville, lost everything.
Living in a temperate climate does have its advantages...;)

Mind you, I might just move there yet....:)

Eric B)

Eric,

Come on down. We need decent Guzzi people here. And you're right, we are praying for rain. I need time out from the riding to do some work in the paddocks. Damn the good weather!

cheers

Robert

aussiegreg wrote:
Go the Bluuuuuuuuuuues

Ahem, 24 to 6 and in the 52 minute and who is winning??????

QUEENSLAND - that would be "The Maroons" for those not in the know....

when you comin Eric - we really are harmless you know B)

Mike.C wrote:
aussiegreg wrote:
Go the Bluuuuuuuuuuues

G'day Mike,

Sorry to non Rugby League followers in the rest of the world:S

What can I say???

I think it was a New South Wales Video ref, but it should have been a blues try after 2 minutes.
If haynes was out it was by his heel touching a blade of grass and not actually touching down on solid soil. So a harsh call.
Then the Maroons got the run of play and then scored, which is fair enough.
But then the penalty on Hayne for obstructing in a kick chase in the 8th ?? Minute was a poor call.
Then the run was with the Maroons again and another try.

The blues were young and inexperienced, but if the Hayne 2nd minute try was allowed then their confidence was up and could have run away and won easily.

But the Maroons to their credit used their experience to carve out a win with some luck and help from officials.

At the end of the day the better team won in the conditions, but I wonder how the game would have panned out if the Hayne try was allowed and the young guns had a chance with an early confidence boost.

Eric, I hope your Neice is doing well, it was a terrible fire, but Australia is a country of great extremes in climate. But the great thing about all true Ausssies is that we stick together and have fun together in a very laid back atmosphere even if they are from Queensland and the referees are on their side:angry:

Greg
A very proud Aussie and New South Welsh man

:laugh:
<<..Eric, I hope your Neice is doing well, it was a terrible fire, but Australia is a country of great extremes in climate. But the great thing about all true Ausssies is that we stick together and have fun together in a very laid back atmosphere even if they are from Queensland and the referees are on their side..>>.......:laugh: ....no problems there then......:laugh:

I was over for 8 weeks in September 07 and got spoiled rotten by my Sis and 2 nieces...among the many trips we did was Philip Island during MotoGp week, bumped into a load of bikers (Ullyses) including 3 or 4 ex Brits when passing through Whittlesea to Puckapunyal,
Echuca for a week , Gt. Ocean Road down to 12 Aposles.......brilliant time, lifestyle suits me haha.
I was loving the roads out of town...good bends, not bad tarmac....just needed a bike ! One of the Ulyses lads offered me the use of a
Honda for a few days, I was sorely tempted but kit would have been a problem etc.
I said if I come over again I would hire a bike as long as it wasnt a HD...:S

My Niece Enid (ex Marysville) is a SR Midwife so she has enough work, her hubby Stew is a builder and is back in Marysville helping rebuild the Convention centre they both worked at. Enid is at my Sis`s in Doveton and they seem ok....thanks to Skype...:cheer:

Jeez, I`m getting itchy feet.....:laugh:

Eric B)

Mike.C wrote:
aussiegreg wrote:
Go the Bluuuuuuuuuuues

Although i live here i will NEVER, NEVER, ever follow a pack of cane toads. It was a very frustrating game to watch. I can't believe the inability of ref's and linesman to make a call without going up to the video ref :angry: . If this keeps up i'll be going back to AFL.

double.d wrote:
Mike.C wrote:
aussiegreg wrote:
Go the Bluuuuuuuuuuues

Although i live here i will NEVER, NEVER, ever follow a pack of cane toads. It was a very frustrating game to watch. I can't believe the inability of ref's and linesman to make a call without going up to the video ref :angry: . If this keeps up i'll be going back to AFL.

G'day D',

You are right about the ref's at the moment, but then they will make a judgement call with no video assistance, when it is really needed and stuff up.

Bugger AFL (although it is a good game), I will just go riding instead and watch our Casey who grew up only 10km from me win the World Championship again.

Greg

Back