• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What to do about fuelling

John Martin

Just got it firing!
Recently bought a 2010 Griso Tenni (yes it's got the flat tappets, I'll be keeping a close eye on things), the bike came with the Termigoni can which I'm currently running with the baffle fitted as recommended. I've only just started riding the bike, mostly in the 5000 - 6500rpm range. Before diving into the expense of installing a PCV/Auto Tune/ECU etc I decided to get the bike dyno'd to see what the state of the engine is. I've attached the runs which are with & without the baffle.
Todd, given the dyno results, could you please advise what course would benefit my bike e.g. BMC filter + airbox cut-outs, PCV/Auto Tune/ECU etc. The dyno runs show better BHP & TQ with the baffle out but the A/F seem similar for both runs.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated before I start spending money. I'm located in the U.K. where there doesn't seem to be the same depth of Guzzi knowledge when it comes to tuning.

Attachments

• GUZZI DYNO MAY 2016.pdf
    565.9 KB · Views: 50
Congrats on the Tenni that is one of the best looking Griso's ever.

I'm new to the Griso myself. I just bought a 2013 from Todd & I am sure loving this bike.

Ride Safe & Enjoy

Allow me to jump in with both feet!

Don't do anything until you have rollerised your top end. Your flat tappets WILL fail and if not caught early, they WILL total your big ends and your oil pump, plus a pile of smaller stuff. What you will end up with is a pile of parts to sell on eBay unless you can source another engine. Believe the hype, flat tappets will fail, sooner or later.

If you have a full service history, get it fixed through the factory process - if not, shell out for the upgrade before you do anything else. Not fun having a very expensive kit of do-dads that make your bike run better, when the engine is toast.

Just saying...

Todd, given the dyno results, could you please advise what course would benefit my bike e.g. BMC filter + airbox cut-outs, PCV/Auto Tune/ECU etc. The dyno runs show better BHP & TQ with the baffle out but the A/F seem similar for both runs.
Please do email me for more info... Just seeing this as I can't catch every thread posted. The stock fueli system is static/not adaptive, which is why I recommend and sell the dynamic/adaptive PC-V/AutoTune. If you look at the air-fuel lines on your graph, the dotted line is the target for best power. As it swings above or below that, the power curve shows the result (noting the big dip in power as it goes up to 15 AFR). The mods I recommend give the best power, and while the peak power at wide open throttle likely won't change much (though see this graph for one that did; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx-modded-1200-sport-dyno-run.5830/ ), the biggest gains are where you ride it the most. 20hp/ft.lbs. are typical gains at low/mid speed throttle with these mods. The bike Trout bought from me has them all done, including the dual band AT-300 which has a map for each cylinder. If you want more info, write me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Let me echo the warning from Tony (OzGuzzi).
Your priority should be fitting roller tappets because any other money you spend will be redundant once you have to buy a new engine.
Yes it can be that serious if left to long.
How do I know, I will put you in touch with my bank manager he can explain the financial impacts.
Once the tappets are done you can spend your kids inheritance on other mods.

Flat tappets die!

I purchased a very low milage 2010 Griso, less than 10k, rode it for about 1k and just could not get the tappet issue out of my head. So, I took the right side apart and found this:

Now mind you I am a wrench at heart, so the job is rather easy for me to perform myself, but never the less, do not disregard the warning. I found no metal in the sump but I still flushed the oil cooler and ran a cheap oil (20w) warm up flush through the bike.

Do the conversion or get ready to purchase a replacement motor.

Back