• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What warranty work have you needed?

My bike is now a case study for MG,,,They have never seen the variety of errors recorded...Also has anyone had issues with clutch slippage in upper gears? Mine in 5th and 6th gear slips when I roll on WFO from about 3500 rpm revs high and re-engages at about 5500 rpm....
Dangerous!!!! They are checking that too.....

Luckily, I have not had a slippage problem. Good luck and keep us posted.

Click on contact us...The next page on center left will be a link to check your warranty..
OBTW..has anyone lemon lawed their Cali. Mine still is not fixed and has clutch slippage also.
I am contacting Piaggio regarding the numerous ongoing issues..(wish me luck)

Click on contact us...The next page on center left will be a link to check your warranty..
OBTW..has anyone lemon lawed their Cali. Mine still is not fixed and has clutch slippage also.
I am contacting Piaggio regarding the numerous ongoing issues..(wish me luck)
Hey GOOD Luck man!

Well...looks like I'm #3 of the leaky diff club. Calling the dealer Monday. Came back from about 235 miles today and noticed oil all over the rear wheel like others posted here. About 6200 miles total.
2014 Cali 14000 VIN# ZGULVC002EM112022

If anyone has the Service Bulletin number from Guzzi on this issue, I would appreciate a heads up!
Thanks!

Got a call from the dealer today, RPM Cycle in Dallas, with a resolution on the leaky diff. Note: I had the rear tire replaced and the diff oil changed just before adding Todd's reflash kit.
RPM's service manager David, put Kevin, the tech who did the oil change and looked at the diff on the phone.
Kevin said that he didnt follow the correct procedure for re-filling the diff when he changed the oil. Apparently, the diff has to sit in a position that mimics the position that it would be in IF the bike was on the road, when it is re filled. Kevin stated that he had the rear of the bike jacked up and the swing arm hanging on the fully extended shocks. This downward position caused the diff to accept more oil than it should have before coming out the fill hole. Once the, now overfilled, diff got out on the road and ran for a while the excess oil burped out of the vent tube and ran out of the diff onto the rear wheel.
This is either an incredibly forthright dealer, willing to admit their mistake and not charge to make it right...OR it is the biggest steaming shovel full of BS, I have ever heard.
I'm picking up the bike on Saturday...time will tell which.

I am removing wheels to put new tires on tomorrow. I also plan to change the rear drive oil before I put the rear wheel on. It is hard to imagine that the oil fill level would need to be so precise. Seems to me that if this were the case then all of us would have leaky rear drives simply from the up and down movement of the rear wheel when riding.

Latest on my bike STILL not fixed....I contacted an attorney..its a shame because I absolutely loved
riding the bike.....Who knows I will keep posting...

FYI
Ran my VIN # on the MG site, it came up 'no recalls'. Set up a appointment for the update to the ECU and was told I didn't need the update but my VIN# came up as needing the alternator update, which they preformed.
I would suggest that you stop by or call you dealer and let them run the VIN# to see if any updates are needed to be sure. If I didn't go there for the ECU update, I would be cruising around believing I didn't need the update to the charging system.

Got a call from the dealer today, RPM Cycle in Dallas, with a resolution on the leaky diff. Note: I had the rear tire replaced and the diff oil changed just before adding Todd's reflash kit.
RPM's service manager David, put Kevin, the tech who did the oil change and looked at the diff on the phone.
Kevin said that he didnt follow the correct procedure for re-filling the diff when he changed the oil. Apparently, the diff has to sit in a position that mimics the position that it would be in IF the bike was on the road, when it is re filled. Kevin stated that he had the rear of the bike jacked up and the swing arm hanging on the fully extended shocks. This downward position caused the diff to accept more oil than it should have before coming out the fill hole. Once the, now overfilled, diff got out on the road and ran for a while the excess oil burped out of the vent tube and ran out of the diff onto the rear wheel.
This is either an incredibly forthright dealer, willing to admit their mistake and not charge to make it right...OR it is the biggest steaming shovel full of BS, I have ever heard.

You can bet if it was your lawyer calling to discuss your fatal accident cause by an oil-slicked rear wheel, they might not have been so forthcoming... ;-)

Jim

You can bet if it was your lawyer calling to discuss your fatal accident cause by an oil-slicked rear wheel, they might not have been so forthcoming... ;-)

Jim

LOL...quite possibly...
That said, about 100 miles on the repair (redo) and not a spot of oil to be seen...

I went to a dealer in PA to have them "officially" tell me that some exhaust heat shields are broken. I believe the cause is heat expansion stress and vibration. I was told the left front and right rear which are currently broken would have a warranty claim submitted.

UPDATE!! Well after almost 500 miles after the "repair" not one drop of oil has shown up on the rear tire/wheel. There may be something to the overfilled diff leak thing. An internet search shows that many Ural's (that russian bike/sidecar) does the same thing if the diff is overfilled even slightly. Either way I'm happy and no more leaks...for now.

I have the classic moisture in the instrument panel. Been waiting for months after informing the dealer I brought the bike off.

Chased them up yesterday to be told Moto Guzzi have rejected my claim as the don't believe the problem exists any more.

Best of all is they waited to now which is Spring here to reply.

Weather has warmed up and rainy season is over.

Actually that's not true, it always rains here.

Might have to book cool store space to prove the point.

I now have to add my 1400 to the list of those with cracked H-pipes. Replaced under the emissions warranty.

That H-pipe and loose heat shields (only once; fixed with a torque wrench) are the only problems I've had in almost two years and 25,000 miles. I love this bike!

Piaggio has a reputation for being tough on warranty work, but my dealer (Riders Hill in Dahlonega, Georgia) is very successful at getting Piaggio to authorize based on lots of photos accompanied by a clear narrative. That was my experience with my Griso and California Vintage (each of which had multiple warranty claims).

Best of all is they waited to now which is Spring here to reply.

Weather has warmed up and rainy season is over.

Actually that's not true, it always rains here.

Might have to book cool store space to prove the point.
Hi where are you based, I have the same issue but havent been to dealer yet plus head light is fogging.

Based in Auckland, New Zealand.

Make sure you take plenty of photos to document it.

I mistakenly deleted my original photos I supplied with my original email to my dealer. They say they could only find one photo. Had to supply some more but the problem now is the weather has warmed up so condensation is not so noticeable.

Also it can be a pain to get reasonable photos.

If you replace your speedo make sure the dealer can do a reset on the processor in the speedo. He should be able to program it so your originals miles will appear on new unit...

Back