• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What warranty work have you needed?

Wow, you guys are not making me feel all warm and fuzzy about my possible purchase of a new Eldorado. Diff leaks, exhaust H cracks, moisture in the instrument pod, some kind of pissed off whale (huh?), electrical recall, and other assorted stuff. Please tell me that these are rare occurrences, although they don't sell a great deal of these bikes, so maybe not :(

My "new" dealer in Penscola has told me they have had very few problems with the Cali..mine being the exception.

A warning for everyone.

I have had my claim for a new instrument panel rejected.

The reply was that because the weather has warmed and the condensation is reduced they refuse to change it as supposedly a replacement may have the same problem.

So what happens when the weather starts to cool again and it dies because of condensation.

I would suggest anyone who has even the most minor condensation problem complain immediately.

In this country there is no such thing as a class action, but I wouldn't hesitate to start one if it was available here.

Smartleynz I would get to your dealer pronto, there may be safety in numbers.

Not a happy camper.

I would contact MG customer service via phone. If this would fog up like mine did it was a safety issues.

If you replace your speedo make sure the dealer can do a reset on the processor in the speedo. He should be able to program it so your originals miles will appear on new unit...
Mike, I don't think this is the case, or I have not yet heard of such a thing.

Okay, I'll add my first warranty experience. The front left heat shield (near floorboard) and right rear (closest to muffler) broke. One was available in the U.S. One was not. I don't know which, but I am going on three weeks now waiting on them to come in to the nearest dealer.

On going saga.....
The Pensacola Fl dealership contacted told me that I may have a crankcase sensor issue.....
This dealership has been top notch and keeping informed step by step. I guess the problems
I have been experiencing has appeared in Atlanta...More to come

A warning for everyone.

I have had my claim for a new instrument panel rejected.

The reply was that because the weather has warmed and the condensation is reduced they refuse to change it as supposedly a replacement may have the same problem.

So what happens when the weather starts to cool again and it dies because of condensation.

I would suggest anyone who has even the most minor condensation problem complain immediately.

In this country there is no such thing as a class action, but I wouldn't hesitate to start one if it was available here.

Smartleynz I would get to your dealer pronto, there may be safety in numbers.

Not a happy camper.
Sorry to here your problem, bound to be mine also soon, I will go through NV as I am getting a service done there soon. Who do you use for servicing? I have Todds feeling mods on board but no one has been able to do a TPS reset so my idle is out, keeps hunting for zero, idles rough, all should be good soon and I can get onto the water issues, mind you my Griso had the same things and new bits didn't fix it.
Guess it never rains in spaghetti westerns.

I use Red Baron in Auckland. No complaints so far. They can reset the TPS I believe and have reflashed mine with updated maps. Todds gear is definitely where I heading after June when my warranty runs out.

Wow, you guys are not making me feel all warm and fuzzy about my possible purchase of a new Eldorado. Diff leaks, exhaust H cracks, moisture in the instrument pod, some kind of pissed off whale (huh?), electrical recall, and other assorted stuff. Please tell me that these are rare occurrences, although they don't sell a great deal of these bikes, so maybe not :(

My 2014 Cali1400 Custom has had no issues whatsoever...

Jim

Well my bike is still fng down!!!4 straight months! The newest dealer is working with Guzzi..
They are being great with the communications..Now they are looking at possible crankcase sensor issues Hey MG
how about a new motorcycle!!!! My bike has been down now for over 4 straight months...5 months if I include the original
issues with speedo and rear fender...Way to go MG.....They sure have lost sales from riding buddies that
were actually considering the marque....

Well my bike is still fng down!!!4 straight months! The newest dealer is working with Guzzi..
They are being great with the communications..Now they are looking at possible crankcase sensor issues Hey MG
how about a new motorcycle!!!! My bike has been down now for over 4 straight months...5 months if I include the original
issues with speedo and rear fender...Way to go MG.....They sure have lost sales from riding buddies that
were actually considering the marque....

Time to get a lawyer to let them know what else they can loose ($$$)?

Time to get a lawyer to let them know what else they can loose ($$$)?

I assume that Lemon Laws apply to motorcycles too. There are lawyers who, I have heard, will take these cases for free (contingency?). I would look into it ASAP. I'm about to do it on my $60K truck.

I have a 2013 Stelvio NTX purchased new in 2015. Since then the dealer has replaced the entire speedometer/dashboard unit. The face of the speedometer was wrinkled as if it had been wet. I don’t know if the face is made of paper or what material but the whole unit was replaced. At about 1K miles the left front fork seal was leaking. The dealer cleaned the fork seal but that did not help and soon the right fork seal was also leaking. The dealer replaced them both. At about 2200 miles the right cylinder head developed a leak, source unknown. The dealer replaced the valve cover gasket. The leak continued. After advice from Piaggio the dealer replaced all the O rings in the cylinder head. The leak continued. Dealer’s mechanic determined the cylinder head casting was faulty and by checking with a bore scope he sent pictures to Piaggio. Moto Guzzi sent entire new right cylinder head with valves. The cylinder head was replaced and since then there has been no more oil leaking.

I really like this motorcycle but I was not prepared for such problems. I am not sure if I made a wise choice despite all the research and test riding that I did prior to purchase.

Back