• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What warranty work have you needed?

Florida does not have Lemon Law protection for motorcycles.
Does your local TV station have consumer advocates that bring the story to the news and expose when consumers are getting a 'raw deal' or 'ripped off'? They try to get the situation resolved or money back for the consumer. In the NYC area, each major network has one and they seem to get the situation resolved VERY quickly.
No major company wants negative press.

roadventure said:
Time to get a lawyer to let them know what else they can loose ($$$)?
[else they can loose ($$$)?[/QUOTE]You might consider contacting Frank Wedge who is President of the North American owners club.He has been interested in hearing from owners that have had less than satisfactory ownership experiences.We all realize that it is only a small percent of machines stricken with abnormally poor quality,but it's no consolation when it's your bike that's treated indifferently by Piaggio's warranty dept.I intend to call Frank and share my experiences with my 2012 Norge and it's full page of quality issues some of which were tended to and some that were not.Additionally issues continue to arise at an alarming rate which depletes any confidence in this machine being a long distance mount.Frank's experience with his Cal 1400 I believe has inspired him to make Piaggio aware that they can do much better.

Moto Guzzi is sending Brad Their Guru to Pensacola to work on bike Tuesday. Brad says he is sure he knows what the problem is. I told him
if it not repaired just have MG give me my money back or a replacement bike. I must re-iterate the dealer in Pensacola has been fantastic..Its that useless shop in Tallahasse Fast Trixx that was the root of all the poor service and possibly fing my bike worse than original problem. OBTW...The city has posted notice of violation and notice of hearing...The place has become dump..What a pathetic representation for Moto Guzzi at the State Capital....
Thanks for all your inputs...Ill let you know how Tuesday turns out...

Just a small item... New cali 1400 Touring. At the first service 1,000 mi. I will state at the first 1000 miles were really good and a pleasure to ride this Touring. I am off a BMW R1200 RT. So I motor in the the dealer here in NH and they proceed with the first service. All goes well except a stripped nut was found on the valve adjuster. Oh great engine problems. The offending was ordered from Georgia, I was planning to do an instate Iron Butt ride and the 17 of Oct was fast approaching. Oct 15 arrives and the stripped nut installed. The next day I did 1,000 mi in 18 hrs for a successful completion. I will state here that the riding position is much better for me than the BMW even with the Russell Day Long seat. 6 Weeks of ownership and 2100 miles later no real issues. I am fortunate to have a dealer 7 miles from me.

I am fortunate to have a dealer 7 miles from me
Seacoast has treated me right from day one on both my Cali1100 Titanium and my 1400 Custom, they are good folk and they feed you for free if you need any extended work done or your appt runs long because of scheduling or work issues, etc. They are about 90 miles south from me and worth the ride.

The Latest!!!
Brad from Moto Guzzi traveled to Pensacola to assist in repair...No Luck!!!
He has taken bike to Atl. where they have a large supply of parts....
I am giving Moto Guzzi until Friday. I have a Lemon Law Group that will
take my case, also a friend an Attorney in Fla. would also help me.

My requests will be simple if no repair. A full refund of purchase price or
a replacement motorcycle......Never in my life have I had such an experience..

As a side note...Both Pensacola Dealer and Brad have been communicative
and acting as a representative should, unlike the 1st dealer Fast Trixx Tallahassee

Updates to follow....

Bike is back...(1)fuel pump replaced.. (2) new injectors..(3)new plugs..(4)new pick up sensor..(5)valves adjusted..
(6)new battery...(7)new drive by wire throttle body (6) new mapping ECU...........warranty is now expired...
GUESS WHAT...It still starts like a politician never consistent.... sometimes 1st try, other times
I have to hit starter button 5 or 6 times....Bike does run smoother in Veloce mode....

I am just going to ride......Its been since end of June since I have had that opportunity....
See ya in the wind!!!

Nope....it turns over just fine.....what happens is just doesn't fire up completely...
sort of fires a couple times and stops..I have to hit starter again and again until it fires
up to an idle state...

I had "new" injectors cleaned.....drained tank filled it with non-ethanol premium. Bike fired right up...put a few hundred miles on ..re-filled with the normal ethanol mix 93 octane...still no problems....Will ride a few hundred more mile today.As a positive the new mapping Brad at Guzzi loaded works very well...cleaned up bottom no jerking at low RPMs..Veloce is so much smoother..Ran it all 90% of the time..

Got a call from the dealer today, RPM Cycle in Dallas, with a resolution on the leaky diff. Note: I had the rear tire replaced and the diff oil changed just before adding Todd's reflash kit.
RPM's service manager David, put Kevin, the tech who did the oil change and looked at the diff on the phone.
Kevin said that he didnt follow the correct procedure for re-filling the diff when he changed the oil. Apparently, the diff has to sit in a position that mimics the position that it would be in IF the bike was on the road, when it is re filled. Kevin stated that he had the rear of the bike jacked up and the swing arm hanging on the fully extended shocks. This downward position caused the diff to accept more oil than it should have before coming out the fill hole. Once the, now overfilled, diff got out on the road and ran for a while the excess oil burped out of the vent tube and ran out of the diff onto the rear wheel.
This is either an incredibly forthright dealer, willing to admit their mistake and not charge to make it right...OR it is the biggest steaming shovel full of BS, I have ever heard.
I'm picking up the bike on Saturday...time will tell which.

UPDATE: Well...I thought the issue had been resolved but not to be. another 1200 miles and it is leaking again...not badly but it should not leak at all. The bike is back at RPM Cycle along with pics that have been sent to Guzzi. Still awaiting a decision from Guzzi on the diff replacement. Dave the service manager seems to think that since a repair was attempted once, and we have HD pictures backing up the claim, that this one should be approved. They replaced a V7 transmission several weeks ago on Guzzi's dime, with less documentation. Here's hopeing!

UPDATE: Well...I thought the issue had been resolved but not to be. another 1200 miles and it is leaking again...not badly but it should not leak at all. The bike is back at RPM Cycle along with pics that have been sent to Guzzi. Still awaiting a decision from Guzzi on the diff replacement. Dave the service manager seems to think that since a repair was attempted once, and we have HD pictures backing up the claim, that this one should be approved. They replaced a V7 transmission several weeks ago on Guzzi's dime, with less documentation. Here's hopeing!

WOO HOO! Diff replaced on Guzzi's dime. Dave the service mgr said that pictures of the defect (if you can get them) is the way to get Guzzi to make a decision. Once they saw the pictures of the oiled rear wheel and tire, it was just a matter of getting the various approvals and shipping the new diff. The part arrived on Friday and the bike will be ready next week.
Much thanks to RPM Cycle in Dallas for pushing this through with Guzzi.

Glad to hear that your differential will be new....very good for you but also good for everyone of us, just to know the mfg. Will stand behind their products. To me, it's stories like this that would allow confidence in their products. IF I had read your post when I was thinking about buying a guzzi, it would have been much more inclined to buy one. People aways wonder if they spend this much money will something expensive go wrong, this news of your repair should be a great selling point for guzzi,

Glad to hear that your differential will be new....very good for you but also good for everyone of us, just to know the mfg. Will stand behind their products. To me, it's stories like this that would allow confidence in their products. IF I had read your post when I was thinking about buying a guzzi, it would have been much more inclined to buy one. People aways wonder if they spend this much money will something expensive go wrong, this news of your repair should be a great selling point for guzzi,

Just an added note: In 20 months and 7500 miles (I need to ride more) this is the ONLY thing that has gone wrong with the bike. Nothing and I repeat NOTHING has ever hiccuped, failed, glitched, acted out or gotten out of adjustment. I am a very happy owner an would consider a second Guzzi without much thought at all.
I am convinced however a good, reputable dealer, staffed with "bike folks" is key to avoiding the kinds of horror stories we sometimes hear about on these forums. (see the mgmike story) I know quaint boutique Guzzi shops are slowly going the way of the dinosaur, much to the chagrin of the old school Guzzi faithful. But for folks like me, new to Guzzi but not new to bikes, the modern multi brand dealer who can provide knowledge, service and parts in a timely fashion, is the wave of the future for all of the low volume boutique manufacturers, from Aprilia to Zero.

Nope....it turns over just fine.....what happens is just doesn't fire up completely...
sort of fires a couple times and stops..I have to hit starter again and again until it fires
up to an idle state...

I know your post is dated but, has anyone looked at your side stand switch? If the side stand is down the engine won't run; that switch might have a flaky contact. I don't know how it works but you should be able to bypass the switch somehow to eliminate it as a problem to see if that changes your starting/running issue.

Last edited:
2014 California Toruing: VIN: ZGULVC007EM200130

Has anyone had an oil cooler braided hose crushed by the assembly line folks back at the Piaggio factory? I just did my 600 mile first service and inspection. I found the following:
- Front calipers are incorrectly shimmed to align the disc pads with the rotor. Four 2mm stainless washers fixed it. Others on this site have noted this.
- Paniers leak, but only just a little bit, a few drops but steady while raining. It comes in at the panier lid junction back at the latch. This won't be hard to fix.
- Rear swing-arm brace is anchored to the main frame with many attachments. The four Allen Key bolts at the bottom next to the exhaust pipe flex joint is not fully tightened. The bolt is not fully screwed in to shoulder its head against the brace, but its threads are tight. Looks like it may have been cross threaded at the factory and left to continue down the assembly line.
- All four spark plugs were tightened to about 1 to 2 ft. lbs. of torque. I re-torqued them to 10 ft. lbs. upon re-installation.
- I looked for loose fasteners but didn't really find any. I did note that the exhaust heat shields use Red Locktitie on my bike.
- Oil cooler horizontal braided hose, located just above the horns, was crushed by aluminium block on frame. See picture.
- Both Tires over inflated to 42 psi. But this may have been done at the dealer.

Den.

Swingarm carrier2frame allen key bolt loose Rear most Allen Key bolt on swing-arm bottom anchor to frame location is tight but not home, Cross Threaded?
Oil cooler hose crush1 My California 1400 was delivered to me like this. The line man had to see it, the bolt he tightened was only an inch away!
I don't know what to say. Seems like not even a modicum of Quality Control present on the Piaggio Assembly Line.

I sure wish I knew how to get these pictures posted in the Moto Guzzi factory break room so every day when Luigi sets down to enjoy is spaghetti he's reminded that someone in the U.S. knows he's a dumb ass! Thanks for posting those Dennis.

Back