• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what was this engine?

RJVB

GT Reference
Long ago, I used the image below in the "new guzzitech contest" which never got around to being closed:

EthanolPower.jpg

PowerTap.jpg

the question has come up on another board what that engine was, from what model. I'll leave the current suggestion up in the air and see what comes up on here first.

(and no, I do not have the answer other than that it's clearly a round-fin ;) )

Would the answer "Roundfin Big block" be qualified to win the prize?B)

Holt wrote:
Would the answer "Roundfin Big block" be qualified to win the prize?B)
Indeed. The V700 had no ribs on the engine cases, so it would be just after.

hah, but could it not be not-so-just after? roundfins were used quite some time, no?

Possible answer somewhere below in here (no need to translate I think, you ought to understand the few terms and names)

more of the same nice enigmata here:
http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/foru ... 7&t=382637
http://www.lerepairedesmotards.com/foru ... 5&t=382605 — a thread that started with a tribute to a capable Goldwing rider and deviated into an inventory of various crankshaft orientation alternatives ... including vertical B) (and check out the thingie in the post made by l'iguane at 17:26)

tr2005_01.jpg

-maybe?

le 850 GT, est le premier à avoir le carter moteur nervuré, d'autre part, la hauteur du bloc cylindres et la forme des caches culbu, me font penser au 850
le réhausseur de carter était une option d'époque

voilà, voilà !

well, yes, that's the current hypothesis there. The 850GT was supposed to be the 1st with ribs on the carter, the carter extension was an option at the time (but was it unribbed? this looks like it might just be some base made to adapt the engine to the tap), and there'd be something in the height of the cylinder block and the form of the head covers that makes the author think of the 850 GT.

However, Holt, that's not an 850GT in the image. That's Sergio's California 1100 IE "Carrenato" in action during the Troffeo Rosso :D

bibimexicain_bd.jpg

I'd say later than Eldo...looks like an alternator cover on the front (back in the pic)......

It's a mix. Eldorado (850GT) or Tonti case with rear main bearing bolted in backward. Alternator front timing cover and alternator cover. Cylinders are any round fin, heads are Eldorado or Ambassador, (no notched top 2 rear fins for plug wire clearance) and Eldorado or Ambassador valve covers. (V700 and Tonti motors covers are shaped different).

I think I've seen this beer pump from the other side of the bar ! There maybe others, but the background interior looks right. Its at Camping Moto "Route 99" St. Remy de Blot, France.
At the time, it looked to me like a bolted together assortment of wrecked bits, eg. butchered engine bolt hole through the bottom of the timing case. So it may not all be from the same engine. However it does succeed in passing a decent pint and is a true ornament to the establishment.

Hi lowuk, welcome on here

The hypothesis that this is in the Route 99 bar you mention has come up on the other board as well. I've found the camping's website, which has a few pics in which one can just make out a Guzzi-engine beer pump. I agree it could be, but as I posted on the other board (down at the moment), the wall looks too close in the post above, and one ought to see at least one of the posts supporting the glass or bottle shelf above the counter (which can't be seen here).

(Bill H, if you read this — are you sure the Havens put an oil pump back in your bike, and/or that you didn't actually have a Guzzi beer pump in there? :D)

Back