• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What Windshield.

willgo

Just got it firing!
As some may now know, I have just bought a 2005 California Ev and the dealer agreed to supply a Moto Guzzi windshield.
This he did. But when it arrived it was the smaller fly screen type.

Now I had intended to have the full size clear screen so was a bit miffed.
On contacting them I was told ther’e happy to swop the screen at no cost
(the small one is £110-00 the large is £150-00) but most riders prefer the smaller one as there is less turbulence, so its up to me. :roll:

So from members experience what is the better screen.
The bike will be used to go on runs and some touring with the wife.
Thanks for your advice.
Bill Dag

Everything is, of course, an "it depends" proposition. And, one person's flyscreen is another's barn door.

So, might help if you posted pix or model #'s of those you mention.

That said, I believe there were, at one time, at least 4 different OEM w/s for Calis:

1. The "police" model

2. The "sport" model

3. The "large" touring model

4. The slightly smaller "Germana" touring model.

Not sure what is offered now.

I have had all 4. Unaware of a "flyscreen," at least if you mean a mere plexi lip that deflects a wee bit of air.

The police model looked "cool," but for me was absolutely worthless. A buffeting disaster that no amount of rake by shimming, etc., could cure. Gave it away.

In Georgia summers, at least on day trips, the sport model is great. I like the way the EV looks "naked," and the sport shield gives little real protection, but does smooth the air a bit, especially at slab sppeds, and even gives a modicum of rain protection.

The larger touring screen sits a bit high for my tastes, and, subject to one's torso, 70-inch guy will not be looking over it.

The Germana touring shield is my favorite, and, even in the hottest of weather, it's my shield of choice for serious road trips.

Trust this was of some help.

Bill

Well I have tried to post some photos but its got me bet. Even done a search bout no information
So I am putting up a Moto Guzzi dealers site and the Screens I am interested in are:-

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_cal ... ries.shtml

Moto Guzzi California Classic Large Windscreen. A large, clear windshield with dedicated mounting brackets in chrome plated steel. Part No: GU03575170

And

Moto Guzzi California Classic Fly Screen. Clear fly screen with dedicated mounting brackets in chrome plated steel. Part No: GU973253600009

Hope this helps
Bill Dag

Bill,

When I was riding EVs my preference was the fl yscreen. Even preferable in cold weather, I just dressed for it. The large screen I found was too large for my taste. Definitely stay away from the mid size screen. I tried one and it looks good, but the buffeting was horrible.

Sorry to revive such an old thread. Does anyone know if that flyscreen mentioned above will fit a 2001 Cali Special? The GU part number is GU973253600009 and I can't find anywhere on the net that says it will fit. I have found that it fits "Cali Classic" but don't know how close that is to the Cali Special.
Thanks for any insight.
Neal

NJNeal said:
Sorry to revive such an old thread. Does anyone know if that flyscreen mentioned above will fit a 2001 Cali Special? The GU part number is GU973253600009 and I can't find anywhere on the net that says it will fit. I have found that it fits "Cali Classic" but don't know how close that is to the Cali Special.
Thanks for any insight.
Neal

It will fit all the California/EV series from 1998 up.

Back