• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

whats it like after the rebuild?

nomad

Tuned and Synch'ed
February 20th The sun was shining and it was an unbelievable 12 degrees warm - Perfect for picking up my now repaired Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 8V and going out for a ride down those narrow winding lanes this bike was built for and also a short piece of dirt track...

Wendy attempted to capture some pictures from the car on the way home from Ussel...

stel002.jpg

stel003.jpg

Once home I was out again for some long overdue Stelvio riding.

stel001.jpg

stel004.jpg

stel008.jpg

stel000.jpg

stel005.jpg

stel006.jpg

stel007.jpg

Has to be a nice sigh to have her home again. Keep us updated as you go.

Good for you, Nomad!

Out of curiosity, do those new cams/tappets need running in?

Nomad I now understand why you stopped and settled where you did!!!!

This was such a trip. Too bad I never got a chance to get to your place because I had the aunt, wife, kids, nephews and nieces to drive around but this week with the unbelievably warm and sunny weather made me discover la Corrèze and this is just a rider's paradise! The roads are so smooth and beautiful, and there's so little traffic...

I WILL return with the bike (still no news about the ongoing repairfrom my dealer)

Everytime I saw a bike on the road during that trip, I was fuming inside! I was so jealous. We went up and down around Egletons, TUrenne, Collonge la Rouge (so beautiful), Brive, Argentat...

We stayed in Soudeilles where my wife's aunt lives or to be more precise the little village called Le Moulin de Boule right on the Lac du Deiro.

There are so many places in France where the riding is great ... and landscapes much like what you might find in the US...

Wonder, don't hesitate to call your dealer from time to time, they may (yet) have to understand that it never hurts to "relaunch" Piaggio in order to obtain parts ... quicker. A little word of advice from my own dealer ;)

Frankly I have been to many places but this area (together with l'Auvergne just nearby) are the best places I've seen in France for riding a bike.
If you've been there I am sure you will agree. I have never seen such pristine raods... I mean not a single 'nid de poule' in sight in 6 days of driving around, sometimes it would take me 10 km before crossing the path of another vehicle, going up and down the mountain or hills slopes all the time, and all that topped with endless curves and turns.
Add to that the fantastic local food (for very affordable prices) and wonderful sites to see and places to visit and I don't think I need anything else.

Nomad, thanks for the tips from your website and I really look forward to meeting you (with my bike this time) when I get back to Egletons (hopefully soon)
I am sorry myself for not having a chance (despite the wonderful weather) to go to Lestards and Treignac but these are next on my 'to visit' list!

I'm sure you've also planned a visit to the charming little town of Condom (don't try to steal the town's name plate, they're expecting it), as well as to the garlic festival that takes places somewhere around there? ;)

Actually, come to think of it, friends of my parents have a nice crappy old château somewhere there (I think next to Chirac's property) ... which comes with its own ghost (called Gerard, sounds like a former servant :D). Do you have such an added value, nomad? B)

RJVB - Just myself and La-Belle-Wendy...

Wonder B - I would head for Argentat, Aurillac and into the Cantal and Puy Mary from Tulle ;) But the D940 through Listards to Eymoutiers and Payrat le Chateau is one of the best roads ;) As I said the Kettle is always on and there is always a cold one in the firdge.

Thanks for the invitation Nomad, you can rest assured I will ring your door some day!
BTW I went to Argentat... here's the proof... so unbelievable beautiful...

And Collonge La Rouge...

Back