• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what's it worth

ncassidy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I got a call the other day from this guy I had not seen in quite a few years. He went on to tell me he had a 1992 Guzzi Daytona that he had crashed. He sent the bike to some guy to transform it into a replica cafe racer. The frame and motor were not damaged, all cosmetic damage to the Daytona fairing and tail piece. The motor was punched out to 1320 or so and Wiseco pistons, carillo rods yada yada. He got the machine back and never rode it. It looks like it needs to be completed, no lights and fine tuning. He told me the Daytona's were rare. I know they have 4 valve heads. I have no idea what something like this would be worth and was wondering if anyone might have an idea to it's value.

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi 11.jpg
    Moto Guzzi 11.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 983
Just an update as to what was done to this bike. The work on this bike was done by Amadeo Catellano. The bike was sent to england where the work was done and then shipped back to the US. The engine has been started to put on the dyno. HP to the rear wheel was 118. Stock the bike had a 992 cc at 95 HP. The forks are WP inverted at 43 mm. 6 piston calipers. Has a stretched RS Daytona gas tank on it.

What's it worth to you?

What's the owner want for it?

It's not worth much as a Daytona 1000. The missing original bodywork kills its value IMHO.

I know the guy spend lot of money on the bike, but it's not finished.

I'd probably pay Sport 1100 money for it as it sits.

I have to agree that the money put into the bike did not increase the value of it. The fellow who owns it lives in Florida, the bike is sitting in his brothers house in Flint , Michigan. There is an existing title for the bike. I am helping this fellow out on this as he had one to many bike wrecks and got mild brain damage from the last one. He always tended toward fast Italian machinery. Myself, I wouldn't own a bike in Florida, boring riding and to many blind people.

Noel, my input is that the motor is largely the value of the bike, as they are getting rarer & rarer. There's some nice components on the bike it looks like too. Are you buying it, or trying to fix a price to it?

In the US I see 4 valve Daytonas going for $6-$10K. This one would be on the low end of that to me as it has been crashed and then repaired to an interesting but lesser standard. The amount of money put into it does not matter to me as a potential buyer. Just as what you paid for your house makes no difference to me when you are trying to sell it to me. It comes down to is it what I want. This is just my opinion. But the value of any bike is a matter of opinion.
The motor sounds very interesting, but built motors are a double edged sword both from a practical standpoint and a sales standpoint.

As bike like this is hard to say, just what you want to pay for it. Getting bodywork isn't a problem. If it's a 100mm bore, makes 1225 that makes the engine interesting. When was the bike in england? What I know is that amedeo stopped active with guzzi in 2002 or so. What make wheels are in the bike, looks front brakes are pfm. Silencer and pipes are nice too. Has cost a lot of money.

The owner of the bike told me he would like $8000.00 for the bike, but of course that is negotiable. The owner lives in Florida, the bike is in Flint, Mi. at his brothers house in inside warm storage, the title is in Florida with the owner. If there is anyone interested in seriously negotiating a price let me know. I have the owners phone # and that is the best way to contact him as he does not check his email very often. This I know because I emailed him about something on the bike and heard nothing. I did receive an email from his brother in Flint, Mi. telling me this. So anyone with serious interest please let me know, either through the board here or email me at noelcassidy1947@comcast.net

To answer some questions. Wheels are Marvic, not sure as to when the motor was done, I assume in the early 21st century. The motor has not been started aside from testing purposes and dyno tuning so it was set up for storage purposes. Bike has been in warm storage since arriving back in the USA.

Back