• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What's up Guzzi Tech

Reduxalicious

Just got it firing!
Hello again Guzzi-Tech, I don't post much but have been following these forums for sometime-

As my last post in the beginning of the Year stated, I was going to be a Griso Owner, BUT That didn't happen for a few reasons, BUT I still ended up with a Guzzi-I picked up a 2008 1200 Sport, with only 9K on the Odometer in the Fort-worth Area, I took her for a test ride, LOVED IT--bought it, trucked it back home to Houston, had the guys over at MPH take a look at her--and have been enjoying every minute of this bike ever sense-
1236052_10153224555740224_307075230_n.jpg

What can I say about this bike--I have limited experience when it comes to riding different types of Motorcycles, I'm only 21, have been riding for 4 years--The only other bikes I have owned/rode was a Ninja 250 for 2 years, then a 77 KZ1000 for another 2 years--and my father let me take his Harley Streetbob for a spin a few times-- and now I own the 1200 Sport, And this bike is just---WOW---It's like nothing I've ever ridden before---It's a MAJOR Upgrade from the KZ---The power this thing has is amazing--I know it's not the fastest bike out there by far, but the torque and speed this bike offers is PERFECT for someone like me who rides on the Freeway's of Houston durring the week and hits the Hill country up durring the weekend. It's also a VERY comfortable bike, Though I had to pull the Handlebars back 90 degree's because I'm slightly vertically challenged. Other then that- There's not one thing I DON'T LIKE about this bike.

1237088_10153224556115224_759099904_n.jpg

SO Enough of the excitement and down to a few questions.

I'm new to Moto-Guzzi, I plan on getting a Factory Repair Manual
What kind of Oil do you guys recommend for the Engine/Shaft/and Transmission?
Any suggestions for Soft-bags?
AND finally, Any suggestions for After-market Exhaust? Preferably something that I can just put on and go---I don't want anything CRAZY LOUD but would just like a slighter louder then stock exhaust.

Have you looked in the downloads for the manual? The bike is very similar to the 1100 Breva, just a few differences in forks.

As for oil, gearbox and CARC will do just fine with a synthetic 75W90. Guzzi call for a 10W60 fully synthetic for the engine, however the 2 valve is pretty forgiving and I've been using Mobil 1 15W50 in my 1100 with no adverse effect. As for a pipe, look at the Products section.

Reduxalicious said:
Hello again Guzzi-Tech, I don't post much but have been following these forums for sometime - As my last post in the beginning of the Year stated, I was going to be a Griso Owner, BUT That didn't happen for a few reasons, BUT I still ended up with a Guzzi-I picked up a 2008 1200 Sport...
Well, welcome back, and welcome to the Famiglia. Congrats on the 12S. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/188/11530
The 12S is a great mile eater, and perfect for your area and Hill Country, for sure. You are very fortunate having MPH in your back yard, use them often.
As John posted, the Manuals are available under the downloads tab above. Donations to the site appreciated (hope to have our donation link back up soon).
Recommended engine oil is AGIP 10w-60; check with MPH. Redline offers the same weight, as does Motrex which is available at most BMW dealers in a pinch. Once you revise/sort the fueling, you can relax on the spec.
Soft bag options are endless, hard bags are limited in selection.
Exhaust: Depends on what you want to spend, what sound you want, and if you want to sort the fueling. I have a few options on the Store tab above; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/catego ... -norge-12s -- I should have my GT-Rx megs available again in a few months (which make the Guzzi sound like a small block V8 with glass packs), or if you want a more traditional looks and sound, Zard or others.

Post again soon/often, or reach me direct with any questions.

Back