Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Where are all the ride reports from the southern hemisphere?

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Holt, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

Your summer is on the last heartbeats by now, I guess. Some of you guys must have been out there touring?
    I need some good riding reports. They are reporting at least 1 foot of the white stuff falling here :pinch: , starting tonight, and to prevent me from doing something radical and self-destructing, please show us something cheering.. pleeeze...

2. beetle

beetle Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: Where are all the ride reports from the southern hemisph

I haven't been well enough to ride for the last 2 months, so no riding means no reports or pics. I hope to get back on this weekend.

Just so you know, it never gets cold enough here to not ride..hehe.. :evil:

3. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I am located 137km north of the equator, technically I am from the northern hemisphere :?: :silly:

4. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

Well, technically you can ride here around the year as well using the right equipment

[​IMG]

- but I really really hate the cold, and would never ever even have the slightest thought even to come close to anything like that! [​IMG]

5. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

To busy riding, no time for reporting. We ride all year round here you know :p

6. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

True,and the best riding time isnt even summer.
    Ciao

7. Ya Mingle

Ya Mingle Tuned and Synch'ed

Planning a 2 week trip to Invercargill for the Burt Munroe Challange. (spectator)
    Will no doubt have plenty of pictures and a few stories to post. Trip will be Nov/Dec 2014.

8. Mackers

Mackers Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

9. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Ok, took Bella for a squirt today, was meant to link up with a few guys for a ride over the Lions Rd to Kyogle and back via Mt Lindesay twists. They didn't show :(.

So I headed off on my Pat Malone to Canungra for coffee, stood in queue with 100 other bikers, good to mingle.
    Back on the horse and off to O'Riely's lookout for a suspension workout and brake test. Had fitted the BrakeTech discs to the BST's and the steering is lighter and sweeter again. After bedding the discs with the old pads the brakes are super bitey and powerful.

Many corners with gravel but all visible, plenty without and started to challenge myself with lean angles and hard power out, until I got a bit of sideways action. (Where's the icon with toilet paper?)

Stopped for another coffee at Canungra, watched an R1200GS rider fall off doing a U-turn, he stood in the middle of the road like a stale bottle of piss, with a hundred spectators. Newbie?

On the home run I had an oncoming headlight flasher (cops over the hill), did a panic cherpie. :whew: ..................... all good.
    Great ride, beautiful last day of winter with blue sky and sunshine. Nothing broke, nothing fell off and I've got nothing to complain about, except the crap coffee but I'm home now. :D:D:D