• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where are the 2012 Stelvios?

Luma46

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I am just wondering if anyone in Canada or in US have received their 2012 Stelvio NTX. I am getting pretty frustrated with my dealer in Richmond, BC - they told me initially that the bike will be available for pickup on May 15th or 18th at latest. Well it is 26th and they still do not have it, but even worse, they apparently cannot find out where the bike(s) is and when they will receive it. :(
It is rather difficult for me to plan the pickup as I live in Alberta and go/fly to Vancouver every third week. :S

I got an email from my dealer saying my bike showed up in his queu for shipping, then he'll get a call to approve the shipping, etc - which is the usual process.

He expects to be giving me a call sometime next week.

What really drives me nuts is not the fact that the bike's delivery is couple weeks overdue, but the fact that dealer cannot confirm where the bike actually is - in a warehouse somewhere, in transport, what ETA?
I have been working in the mining industry all my life and I know that when we ordered a part or machine even from overseas, the distributor/vendor was always able to say what is the status of the delivery.
In the age of computerized communications, that certainly doesn't shed a good light on the Guzzi distribution system.

A good way to capture their attention, would be to use a social media tool such as Facebook. I think if their customer or those of us who have Stelvio`s waiting and deposits secured would influence their accountability to communicate with their customers and give clarity to product deliveries.

http://www.facebook.com/MotoGuzziUSA

my 2011 European NTX took an age to get to the UK it disappeared for 2 week it lleft the factory and vanished until it appeared at the dealer its an Italian thing not just guzzi if you want anything shipped its a lottery 4 weeks for my recent exhaust strange because last year it only took 12 hours for us to ride from Italian alps to UK last year hang in there its worth the wait

Luma,

Don't be frustrated with your dealer.... there's nothing he can do or he'd be passing on the information to you. He's not inept or not trying - he just has no idea either, not his fault.
Same thing with my dealer - when he gets the call, THEN he'll know. They arrive "on Guzzi time" and that's just the way it's going to be.

I have about a 100 mile trip to go get mine, and I have to work the ride up into my wife's work schedule - so there's a bit of futzing there.... but it is what it is, and mostly - it's going to be worth the wait. That much I know.

blakebird said:
Same thing with my dealer - when he gets the call, THEN he'll know. They arrive "on Guzzi time" and that's just the way it's going to be....I have about a 100 mile trip to go get mine, and I have to work the ride up into my wife's work schedule - so there's a bit of futzing there...

The other thing I find most interesting about this whole process, is that most dealers will agree that regardless of what is on the specs for a bike, you will never know how it was built/shipped until you open the crate and look inside.

Also, I live about 250 miles from my dealer and my wife and I will have to work around family travel commitments from about mid-June to mid-July to pick my bike up, when it comes in.

Now is the time to be patient. The good riding is yet to come.

Here hope

MPH Cycles
‎2012 Stelvio NTX is on the way! Should be here by end of week. Will post when they arrive.

michaudr said:
MPH Cycles
‎2012 Stelvio NTX is on the way! Should be here by end of week. Will post when they arrive.

This from my dealer this morning - so they have indeed arrived at the Port of Houston.
Not sure what the mirror thing could be, the pictures I've seen don't show turn signals in the mirrors

"I got a call that yours is leaving the port in Texas today. I expect it toward the end of next week, so you should plan to pick it up on Sat.
There is a possible hangup. Something about the mirrors, not sure exactly what the issue is.
If the mirrors are missing I have a set. And it is not just yours, all of the bikes.
I think they said some wiring is missing, we will see when it arrives and if it is just the mirrors not an issue at all.
Cross your fingers."

michaudr said:
Here hope

MPH Cycles

On my way over there this afternoon to pay balance and get VIN & ,maybe mark I eyeball crates :twisted:

Things are happening on the Cool Orange ones also. My dealer(Rose Farm Classics) has given me a VIN # and says the bike should be at his door probably on Monday (6/4), ready to pick up later in that week.

His explanation on the mirror thing -- there's a difference in the mirrors on European bikes and US bikes. In Europe they are on the fairing, in the US they are in the mirrors. The loose wires would be those going to the mirrors. That's his speculation -- nothing is solid until the crate is opened and the bike can be seen.

ChuckH said:
His explanation on the mirror thing -- there's a difference in the mirrors on European bikes and US bikes. In Europe they are on the fairing, in the US they are in the mirrors. The loose wires would be those going to the mirrors. That's his speculation -- nothing is solid until the crate is opened and the bike can be seen.

My dealer followed up the first email with another explaining that the U.S. bikes do have turn signals in the mirrors for DOT compliance. On his 2009 Stelvio he did the Euro signal / mirror swap, so that looks like a good way to go.

I suspect the mirrors may have been delayed by whoever makes them, and might not be on the bikes as delivered...

Dang....a "June bike" beating my "May bike" - that ain't right :mrgreen:

Just in from Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Americas shared a link.
about an hour ago
We know many of you are eager to receive your new Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NTX. These models are leaving our Canadian and US warehouses this week, with delivery to dealerships within 1 to 10 days. Please stay in touch with your local dealer ...

The 'Indicators in mirrors' thing is insane!

We had the same issue here in Oz. When the first Stelvios arrived they were knocked back by out vehicle inspectors because the indicators at the front weren't far enough from the centreline of the bike. Same rule applies for rear indicators but no mention was made of them. So our release date was put back for months while the factory sourced and made blanking plates for the original indicator mounts and supplied the crappy mirrors with lights in which everybody hated and immediately dumped and retrofitted the fairing mounted indicators.

Now, this year, 2012, the new models arrive and the inspectors come and inspect them and not a whisper is mentioned about the indicators and they sail straight through with the fairing mounted ones!

Stupid, pen pushing jobsworths who achieve nothing apart from sucking up my taxes! Off to the gulags with them!!!!!

Pete

Hallelujah! :eek:

Just spoke to my dealer, All Seasons Sport in Wooster, Ohio. Trucking company called 2 hours ago. Bike will arrive next week!

Oh yes...now I'm like a damn kid the night before Christmas. :lol:

Back