• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where are the 2012 Stelvios?

Lannis said:
I'm not sure the NTX "comes with" ANY of the extra stuff on it. I think boxermoose paid extra for the panniers ($1200), engine guards ($300+), hand guards ($250), auxiliary lights ($200+) and possibly some other things. Sounds like he just chose not to buy the CARC guard with all that ....
I could be wrong but that's easy to determine!

Lannis
The NTX comes with all that stuff that you list as 'extras'. (at least in the U.S. it does)
The CARC guard comes in two versions with a screen and without, and is an aftermarket part.

Lannis said:
I'm not sure the NTX "comes with" ANY of the extra stuff on it. I think boxermoose paid extra for the panniers ($1200), engine guards ($300+), hand guards ($250), auxiliary lights ($200+) and possibly some other things. Sounds like he just chose not to buy the CARC guard with all that ....

Lannis

:roll: WTF - Why do you guys start this crap... Here, RIGHT OFF THE MOTO GUZZI CANADA WEBSITE... :eek:

http://www.motoguzzi-canada.ca/motorcycles/stelvio-1200-ntx.html

Just like the USA, Standard Equipment. (Heated Grips are optional charge no matter where)

NTX STANDARD EQUIPMENT
• ABS
• ATC traction control
• Black satin-finish aluminum sidebags
• Cylinder guard
• Long-range lights
• Aluminum sump guard
• Hand guards
• Tubeless Spoked wheels (Alpina STS System)
• Extra large windshield with side wind deflectors

That's correct Scott! Mine just arrived at the dealer this am. I am off to have a look as we speak! :)

scottmastrocinque said:
Lannis said:

Lannis

:roll: WTF - Why do you guys start this crap... Here, RIGHT OFF THE MOTO GUZZI CANADA WEBSITE... :eek:

Just like the USA, Standard Equipment. (Heated Grips are optional charge no matter where)

NTX STANDARD EQUIPMENT
• ABS
• ATC traction control
• Cylinder guard
• Long-range lights
• Aluminum sump guard
• Hand guards

Well, I'd have to say that's a pretty good deal then! That's a lot of stuff that used to be extra. Good for Guzzi!

That's correct Scott! Mine just arrived at the dealer this am. I am off to have a look as we speak!

Roofus

Did we get the Euro spec bikes or the the US DOT with modified signals in the mirrors?

Lannis said:
scottmastrocinque said:
Lannis said:

Lannis

NTX STANDARD EQUIPMENT
• ABS
• ATC traction control
• Cylinder guard
• Long-range lights
• Aluminum sump guard
• Hand guards

Well, I'd have to say that's a pretty good deal then! That's a lot of stuff that used to be extra. Good for Guzzi!

Killer deal! The NTX has pretty well all the goodies I had to spend extra to add to my 2009 Stelvio.

Enjoy, guys!

Bruce

michaudr said:
That's correct Scott! Mine just arrived at the dealer this am. I am off to have a look as we speak!

Roofus

Did we get the Euro spec bikes or the the US DOT with modified signals in the mirrors?

Heh, heh!!

We got a little bit of both. :eek: Mine has the signals in the mirrors and in the fairing!!!! I kid you not!!!

The signals in the fairing are covered with grey paint. The dealer said however that conversion is easier now. You need two light bulbs and two Norge, or similar, mirrors. You remove the paint from the fairing blinkers, insert two bulbs in the fairing sockets and replace the supplied mirrors with ones without blinkers. He said he will do it at the 1500km service interval if I wanted it done.

Sorry buy I am picking it up tomorrow! I am sipping a celebratory glass of wine at the moment! :D

roofus said:
Sorry buy I am picking it up tomorrow! I am sipping a celebratory glass of wine at the moment! :D

Roofus, be careful about having NOT too much fun in the first few hundred kms on this new bike! :lol: I envy you, have to wait another 10 days (hope not more...).
So, say again, there is a wired socket under this blinker cover that is painted over?

Yes! As far as I know you must:

1. Remove the paint from the fairing lights
2. Insert bulbs in the fairing sockets
3. Replace the supplied mirrors with Norge mirrors
4. Connect the wires to the fairing bulbs instead of the mirrors.

Thanks Roofus

Mine arrives in Calgary on Wednesday. Will take delivery on Friday or Saturday. Ride it back to Fort McMurray for around 750 km. Look forward to your impressions.

Would it be possible to remove the paint, install the bulbs and extend the wiring to have both sets of front turn signals?

Thanks, Chuck

roofus said:
Yes! As far as I know you must:

1. Remove the paint from the fairing lights
2. Insert bulbs in the fairing sockets
3. Replace the supplied mirrors with Norge mirrors
4. Connect the wires to the fairing bulbs instead of the mirrors.

Why all the hype about fairing turns vs mirror?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks Chuck

Holeshot08 said:

Thanks Chuck
not really hype....just a lot of curious owners who were patiently waiting for their bikes, ruminating on how they might be configured. Now they're here and we know.
You might have missed that if you haven't been following the various threads out there on the NTX impending arrival.

My dealer mentioned something he heard from guzzi about the turn signals....and he wasn't clear what the deal was.

Turns out it was just how the North American market is getting NTX's with mirror-mounted turn signals instead of the fairing mounted Euro market items.
No hype, just a curious difference....and a comical solution to making it happen (ie, grey painted clear lenses with all the hardware inside, less bulbs)

Hey Blake, just saw your bike in the flesh. Had to visit a customer in Ft Collins so I stopped by Steve's and they are like sweaty kids in the candy store, unwrapping and deboxing like mad. Lots of little improvements I can see:
  • New seat material & shape.
    New mounts for the factory lights - much cleaner.
    Total repositioning of fuses and relays, should be much easier to get to.
    Beefier pinch bolt area.

Basically fixed all the little annoyances and improved a bunch of big things.

Shame that you couldn't get it in red though :lol:

blakebird said:
Holeshot08 said:

Thanks Chuck
not really hype....just a lot of curious owners who were patiently waiting for their bikes, ruminating on how they might be configured. Now they're here and we know.
You might have missed that if you haven't been following the various threads out there on the NTX impending arrival.

My dealer mentioned something he heard from guzzi about the turn signals....and he wasn't clear what the deal was.

Turns out it was just how the North American market is getting NTX's with mirror-mounted turn signals instead of the fairing mounted Euro market items.
No hype, just a curious difference....and a comical solution to making it happen (ie, grey painted clear lenses with all

the hardware inside, less bulbs)

Thanks Blake! I will probably try to use both if possible. Spoke to my dealer this morning, Guzzi rep will be there tomorrow with an update for me hopefully. Rode out to Road America for the races over the weekend to take my mind off the delayed delivery....didn't work but fun was had by all :woohoo:

bigtex said:
Hey Blake, just saw your bike in the flesh. Had to visit a customer in Ft Collins so I stopped by Steve's and they are like sweaty kids in the candy store
yeah, I got the email from Steve just after they unloaded it.... he'll PDI it and mount the Heidenau's and I'll go up Thursday to get it. Might be ready tomorrow....but my ride up there won't be

red's too easy to see from a helicopter :lol:

Back