Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

where to buy a set of fork spring seat....?

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by ARVENO, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi All ,
    I was installing a set of FAC fork dumper on my bike ( was the first time i took apart the forks) and i discovered that the previous owner cut the tab off the fork spring seat, you know , those things that prevent the springs to spin .
    Anyway i was wondering if anyone know where i can get a set ? MG cycle does not carry them .

If anyone has a used pair laying around , I will be glad to buy them .

Best
    Marco

forgot to say the bike is a 1000 SP , 35 mm forks

2. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

3. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

OH!! thanks a lot , in the second link is the one i need.
    Question : I don't know if it is matter if the spring spin or not... so i am asking you does it matter ?

If not a big deal , i can just go ahead and re-install everything.

Thank you again
    Best
    M.

4. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

I don't know if spring spin matters. To give you a real answer I have to take a fork assembly apart and fiddle with it to figure out what the tabs are doing. I think its meant to keep the compression rod from coming loose.

Anybody?...
    Maybe you can find a set of forks on e-bay or the MGNOC for cheap and have extra parts left over.

also found this part:
    http://www.stein-dinse.biz/advanced...14527601&x=14&y=5&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1

Do you have two springs or one in ea fork leg?

5. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

i got two springs , one short , one long i think it's called "dual rate springs set up " .
    Was already in there , and everything is in great condition, i just replaced the original dumper with a set of FAC.
    the manual says that the fork spring seat prevent the spring to spin. Inside the fork boots i can see a tab where the spring seat must be placed.
    Now, thinking out loud , i got two springs, so if the lover spring ( shorter ) does not spin , there is anything that will keep the upper spring ( longer ) to spin , so maybe is not a big deal if the spring spin ?
    I had others bikes and no one of them had some sorta of "thing" to prevent the spring to spin.

I put 5k miles on the bike last season with this set up and everything was good....now that the forks are apart i was just asking before putting them back together.

thanks
    M