• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Which is the right Plug?

Matias

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if all of you that are using the standard NGK BPR6ES are happy with it...
I live in Portugal are the temperatures are high here. I took the plugs out for a check a couple of days ago and they are too white...no residuals of carbon...just white....I'm afraid the engine is overheating...
Should I try a "cooler" plug?

Best Regards,
Luis

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if all of you that are using the standard NGK BPR6ES are happy with it...
I live in Portugal are the temperatures are high here. I took the plugs out for a check a couple of days ago and they are too white...no residuals of carbon...just white....I'm afraid the engine is overheating...
Should I try a "cooler" plug?

Best Regards,
Luis

Plug heat range is based on the engine characteristics and fueling. It is is independent of ambient temperature. Raven has put you on the right track. That said, so long as you don't see black spots on the insulator you aren't so lean as to be causing damage.

Thanks guys.
Raven: in what way has the bike improved with this reflash tool?

BR
Cold starts are improved with no rough running or stalling. Power delivery is very linear with no flat spots from idle up to redline. There is no surging when holding a steady speed in traffic etc. The engine runs noticeably cooler. There is a noticeable increase in power which is backed up by dyno testing (not by me personally).

It's DIY if you have basic computer skills. The tool plugs into the diagnostic plug. It reads and saves the stock fuel MAP from your bike. You email it to Todd (owner and operator of this website and store)and he sends you a new MAP to load onto you bikes computer. It is customized according to any exhaust or intake modifications you have made. He will send a new file if modifications are made in the future. There's lots of reading on the subject if you do a search of this site.
The flash tool is only plugged in while it is reading and down/uploading new files.

Back