• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Which kind of air to use in tyres.

guzzigray

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Threads are looking a bit thin on the ground so maybe we could start an oil thread or ask Pete Roper his opinion on timing gears. We'll be up and running in no time.

I told The Minister for Fun and Finance that she should change the air in her Nevada tyres before the next service - and I think she believed me for a nano second :unsure:

Honestly, over here you can have nitrogene filled instead of plain air at only $15 per tire......

I don't like cold air as the tires feel twitchy. Warm is good but no way do I like a bunch of hot air:p

Holt wrote:
Honestly, over here you can have nitrogene filled instead of plain air at only $15 per tire......

That's what I did on mine (just as I also did on my car) and it's great. You don't have to check the tires as often as the nitrogene is much more stable and it doesn't change the pressure much when cold or hot.
At my Euromaster station they did it for a a fraction of the price you paid... I believe both cost me less than $15.
I really recommend that solution.

I tend to stick to English air as it's more readily availiable in Derbyshire.
For the purists though I can supply bottled Italian air for that special concours rebuild.

we changed the sacred screw on my griso, and, well, I guess it is sacred... sucker runs good, but I cannot get it to idle as smoothly as it used to, and it never idled smoothly... When they have a PCXXX for it, the world will be good, but above idle, it runs like stink... very smooth and quick and revs hard to redline...

As for air, I have been looking for the leakproof air, it seems hard to find, but works better than nitrogen.

Jon, you can make your own leak-proof air. It's easy and saves a ton of money. Just mix 2 parts air to 3 parts bubbles (2:3). I've been making my own for years now;)

Actually I recon that southern hemisphere air is better than northern hemisphere air - it makes the bike go faster.

So anyone who wants some can Paypal to my account - going cheap at only $49.99 a litre + windage and delivery. Get in quick price can only be maintained while stocks last, new shipments will be at MUCH higher prices due to current financial meltdown.

Very cool Mike. I have a 110/90-18 and a 140/80-17. What would the volume (in litres) be at 33psi and 38psi respectively?

Home brewed methane is excellent- you know when you have a puncture from the smell.

But if you do get a puncture- no worries! Just pack a bottle of cabbage water and a plastic tube under your seat, drrink the cabbage water, wait 30 mins, drop your pants then inflate. If you manage to squeeze a few solids into the tube that will seal the puncture from within.

Back on the road again within 40 mins.

Wonder B wrote:
Holt wrote:

That's what I did on mine (just as I also did on my car) and it's great. You don't have to check the tires as often as the nitrogene is much more stable and it doesn't change the pressure much when cold or hot.
At my Euromaster station they did it for a a fraction of the price you paid... I believe both cost me less than $15.
I really recommend that solution.

I didn't pay anything. I've got compressed air in the shed next to my bike. ;)

I've been getting my air from the recyclers!! It's a lot cheaper and its good for the enviroment. Occaisionally you can get a few foreign bits in it, but all I do is strain it through a pair of old pantyhose and Bobs yer uncle. I've also got lots of old cooking oil from them and I redeploy the same pantyhose and pop it straight into the engine. Smells like an authentic Italion racing oil especially if you pop a little into the gas tank as an upper cylinder lube. No leaky gaskets like you get with them new fangled synfetic oils.

Kym the skinflint

Lupo wrote:
I don't like cold air as the tires feel twitchy. Warm is good but no way do I like a bunch of hot air:p

Well, the election is over here in the US, so perhaps global warming will decrease and you will be safe from so much of it.B)

Mike.C wrote:
Actually I recon that southern hemisphere air is better than northern hemisphere air - it makes the bike go faster.

Only in a clockwise direction.

If you are going anticlockwise, northern hemisphere air is better.:side:

I only use natural air, (re)used to varying degrees. I've also got this nifty thing to kick it in with my right foot.

Wonder: what station is that? I might like to try nitrogen sometime — must be great for them bends B)

The nearest Euromaster (from Chantilly) is at the Zone Industrielle de St Maximin between Chantilly & Creil... (just 4 km away)
But I'm sure there's one closer to you

Back