• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Whilst travelling in Holland

Gavin

2014 Custom given some custom treatment
GT di Razza Pura
My big trip was over 2 weeks ago on the California 1400 and the bike went into the shop to have some work done….including the GTM fuel and flash fandango.

So it was family holiday time …..and we set off to a Dutch island called Texal….pronounce Tessel…..it formed part of the Atlantic wall during the WW2 and this wall was built by the German Army in 1939. It’s quite a bit of engineering but to my suprise….whilst driving round this small North Atlantic Island I by chance saw another unusual 1939 machine

MotoGuzzi 250 PES in working order and restored by a re known bike engineer on Texel

1549F759 F92C 45FB 996A 02C242C67072

As you can see it was positioned just the entrance of his machine shop

I stopped…we spoke…we exchanged stories …..he took us to his other shop with the race bikes including a very rare record holding Falcone

Ill post separately on that bike as it has some very unusual non standard but authentic parts…….
but the one above….is original…and lovely

I hope that you enjoy

regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
Hello…again, once the initial conversation started we realised there was a lot in common

He.had built a bike with a supercharger…so had I….he was into Italian bikes…as was I
and we both chose Motoguzzi late in our life…compared to the Ducati, Cagiva and Laverda route

So …..he decides that I earn a bit more respect as we talk about the PD rallye bikes I built and takes me to the race bike garage.

There are many racers in different states of restoration….

but from a Monto GUZZI point of view there is a rare Falcone Corsa with many authentic but rare works parts fitted

6380EC29 403C 4943 8663 B3E32DA99D20 32571E9B 7D0B 4D2A BA02 D835BB253F4C 1F5766F8 2856 4A6D 80DC 27182A54A676 96987B78 C455 4EDD BFC3 44C989976BAD

Last edited:
So….following on from the images above ……the modifications include

Bore and Stroke increase to the stated dimensions

Works Grimeca mechanically operated rear disc conversion only 7 made and 5 went straight to MV Agusta race team and the other 2 found their way to other special riders

Also a different swing arm and rear subframe section with conventional shocks rather than the standard Falcone system

This bike won many races and was faster than the renowned Aermacchi, in this tuned state…very loud, hence the exhaust.

I hope these images appeal to those who are interested and show…where ever you are in the world…we have more in common than we think and trying to communicate rather than not communicating….makes people happy

Well…...it does me

regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
Back