Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Whining?

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by pete roper, Oct 19, 2009.

1. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Can we have a special place for whining?

My Guzzitech Rt-X pipe doesn't fit.

It never has.

I bought as a prototype for the 8V Griso. This means it was made without any parrameters being known as to pipe sizes so Price built it to the 1100 specs.

I managed to shim it up so it sort of worked but with the advent of another lot of hot weather it started leaking again and fucking with the O2 sensor input.

[​IMG]

I got the mating ends cut off and new ones fitted but they are too large and it still leaks!

Wah! Wah! Why is it when I buy stuff in prototype form it doesn;'t work perfectly? Wah, Wah!!! It's an outrage. I now have a heap of sand in my 'gina and I want to have a little flounce! Wah! Wah-H-H-H!!!!!

Alternatively I can ask Price to build me a new one to the correct sizes which I'll happily pay for and until it arrives I'll give the old one a bit of a squeeze so it fits by taking it into my local exhaust place and having 'em squeeze it :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's a pain. But nobody's fault but mine. I don't need to HTFU 'cos I'm able to accept little irritations in life.

Are You????

If not I suggest you sell your Guzzi and buy a friggin' 'onda!!!! :p

Pete

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Pete,

I'd say the 24-7 lounge would be the best place for whiners. BTW, you haven't heard whiners until you work on BMWs. The acronym doesn't stand for the bike, but the riders, Bitchers, Moaners, and Whiners!!

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I hear you Pete, I hear you... so listen, no need to whine, we can make you a new Y-pipe if you'd like, pick up next you're in the country, yes?

4. baloches

baloches Cruisin' Guzzisti

Aw come on Todd, let'm whine a bit! :lol: Quit making things so easy :p

5. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Snot a problem Todd. Thats what I was trying to say. I bought a prototype and I'm having to fart about with it. why the hell would I whine :D.

I'm taking the 'Y' piece back in to my exhaust mob today, along with the headers, as although i measured everything it still leaked and didn't work so this time I'll get the pipe squeezed onto the gaskets by machine before installation so I KNOW the fucker is gas tight. Yes, it's what I should of done in the first place but as you know when you're farting about with shit like this 'Hope springs eternal' and all that so rather than doing it RIGHT the first time you frig about trying to find an easier way until the 5W lightbulb suddenly lights up and you realize what would of taken you an hour if you'd bitten the bullet straight off the bat has now taken you a day and a half and, in my case, three trips into town! :roll: :lol:

Nah, generally speaking I'm quite good at that sort of thing nowadays but on this occasion I obviously had a brain-fart. Just thought I'd share it and give everyone a laff at my expense!! :D

Pete

PS, now you have an 8V let Price have a squizz at the headers and 'Y' piece to get the measurements off because the 1200 IS different, (Only slightly!) to the 1200.

6. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Prototyping is your calling Pete, it's why Allah lets you stay on the planet ;)
    All we have to do is sit back and wait till you get it right. Then copy it :p

7. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Hey Pete, Is that a picture of you when you were a little Tacker? Man you look like you've got a set of lungs on ya - I bet you have a talent for blowing the head off a beer. :lol:

8. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Can't be, when Pete was "a little Tacker" there was only black and white film!!

9. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

Pete's a very old man, I understand. He should be a stinker by now. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

(Louis Ducos du Hauron, 1877)

But maybe this 1909 photo is a bit more likely?

[​IMG]

:*

10. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

That bloke with the big blue dress on looks like he's about to pass wind!

Ahhh now I get it - he is definitely a dead ringer for Pete!

11. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

Not Pete, that, but if the puffy guy has a sibling wearing a limegreen dress, that'd be Pete for sure :ugeek:

12. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Nah. I don't do dresses but I'm told I look very good in a Lap-Lap and when in Italay I try to remain Togate in most social situations.......

Pete