• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Whining?

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
Can we have a special place for whining?

My Guzzitech Rt-X pipe doesn't fit.

It never has.

I bought as a prototype for the 8V Griso. This means it was made without any parrameters being known as to pipe sizes so Price built it to the 1100 specs.

I managed to shim it up so it sort of worked but with the advent of another lot of hot weather it started leaking again and fucking with the O2 sensor input.

crying.baby.jpg

I got the mating ends cut off and new ones fitted but they are too large and it still leaks!

Wah! Wah! Why is it when I buy stuff in prototype form it doesn;'t work perfectly? Wah, Wah!!! It's an outrage. I now have a heap of sand in my 'gina and I want to have a little flounce! Wah! Wah-H-H-H!!!!!

Alternatively I can ask Price to build me a new one to the correct sizes which I'll happily pay for and until it arrives I'll give the old one a bit of a squeeze so it fits by taking it into my local exhaust place and having 'em squeeze it :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's a pain. But nobody's fault but mine. I don't need to HTFU 'cos I'm able to accept little irritations in life.

Are You????

If not I suggest you sell your Guzzi and buy a friggin' 'onda!!!! :p

Pete

Pete,

I'd say the 24-7 lounge would be the best place for whiners. BTW, you haven't heard whiners until you work on BMWs. The acronym doesn't stand for the bike, but the riders, Bitchers, Moaners, and Whiners!!

I hear you Pete, I hear you... so listen, no need to whine, we can make you a new Y-pipe if you'd like, pick up next you're in the country, yes?

Snot a problem Todd. Thats what I was trying to say. I bought a prototype and I'm having to fart about with it. why the hell would I whine :D.

I'm taking the 'Y' piece back in to my exhaust mob today, along with the headers, as although i measured everything it still leaked and didn't work so this time I'll get the pipe squeezed onto the gaskets by machine before installation so I KNOW the fucker is gas tight. Yes, it's what I should of done in the first place but as you know when you're farting about with shit like this 'Hope springs eternal' and all that so rather than doing it RIGHT the first time you frig about trying to find an easier way until the 5W lightbulb suddenly lights up and you realize what would of taken you an hour if you'd bitten the bullet straight off the bat has now taken you a day and a half and, in my case, three trips into town! :roll: :lol:

Nah, generally speaking I'm quite good at that sort of thing nowadays but on this occasion I obviously had a brain-fart. Just thought I'd share it and give everyone a laff at my expense!! :D

Pete

PS, now you have an 8V let Price have a squizz at the headers and 'Y' piece to get the measurements off because the 1200 IS different, (Only slightly!) to the 1200.

Prototyping is your calling Pete, it's why Allah lets you stay on the planet ;)
All we have to do is sit back and wait till you get it right. Then copy it :p

Hey Pete, Is that a picture of you when you were a little Tacker? Man you look like you've got a set of lungs on ya - I bet you have a talent for blowing the head off a beer. :lol:

Mike.C said:
Hey Pete, Is that a picture of you when you were a little Tacker? Man you look like you've got a set of lungs on ya - I bet you have a talent for blowing the head off a beer. :lol:

Can't be, when Pete was "a little Tacker" there was only black and white film!!

john zibell said:
Mike.C said:

Can't be, when Pete was "a little Tacker" there was only black and white film!!

Pete's a very old man, I understand. He should be a stinker by now. :mrgreen:

oldest_colorphoto_hauron1872.jpg

(Louis Ducos du Hauron, 1877)

But maybe this 1909 photo is a bit more likely?

a52_Bukhara.jpg

:*

That bloke with the big blue dress on looks like he's about to pass wind!

Ahhh now I get it - he is definitely a dead ringer for Pete!

Not Pete, that, but if the puffy guy has a sibling wearing a limegreen dress, that'd be Pete for sure :ugeek:

Back