• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Who's got the highest mileage on their stelvio

kwn306 said:
Wayne Orwig said:
kwn306 said:
Probably Wayne in GA, him living in the south (USA) and all that. I got snow again last night in Virginia, own a 2009 with 25,000 miles. Snow and ice suck :x :x :x

Miles, who counts miles.

Six rear tires. That is what I count. :shock:

:cry:

Actually, I'm only at 24,000 or so miles. But then I have about 83,000 miles on my 04 EV which I swap with, so that cuts down the Stelvio miles.

Seriously, six tires. That is goofy...... :roll:

Six rear tires :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd park the bike in the front yard and make it a planter.

I have almost 12K on my rear Road Pilot 2, and that is two up........I also run the pressure at 42 - 44 psi. OK haters jump all over me. Still sticking like glue, but gettin a little thin :S

The front Road Pilot 2 still has a ton of life left in it.

:shock:

When the shiny strip in the middle shows up, you are supposed to change the tires.

:roll:

I guess I will be trying a RP2 in about 3K miles.

You think 62K on an oilhead beemer is a lot?

Hmmmm.

I put 168K on one. Never should have sold it.

I've got a buddy who STARTED the Iron Butt Rally with 141K on his...

FWIW...There's no reason a Guzzi won't do all of that and maybe more.

I'm not saying it's the highest recorded mileage for a bike of it's type, but it's far more than most bikes you see. I hope mine goes onto to achieve the kind of mileage you state.

not longed owned my stelvio ,with reference to moto corsa i

Stelvioli-2010 said:
Hi I got my Stelvio in April last year. It was registered in Sep 2008 and had 8k miles on it when I got it I have done a further 8.5 k miles since then so I guess relatively high mileage by comparison to the other posts. I am new to the guzzi scene and I have been amazed at how great a bike this is. My wife and I are frequent tourers and we both love this bike, so much so that we now have a Bellagio too [another brilliant machine]
When I first collected the Stelvio I was very concerned about some of the noises from the top end of the engine especially with the cam recalls et al. The whirring clicking and clanking was a real issue for me but I was assured on my first visit to Moto Corsa that thats what they do and as Gordon at Moto Corsa was riding a Griso with the 8 valve motor who was I to disagree[ they also confirmed that my bike had the cam recall done]
I have kept a close eye on the valve tappet clearances but since adjusting the left side exhaust pair some time ago which [were 50% too open] they seem to be settled. I have noticed that there is lateral play in the inlet and exhaust rocker assemblies and if you take hold of them and move them firmly from side to side then the noise takes the form of a loud metallic tap as the assembley clouts against each of the bearing housings. This loud noise is replicated when the engine is started but almost disappears as the engine gets hotter
As I say I've done 8k miles with no apparent problems with all the rattles and clicks and clonks and whirrings and I notice that the engine oil looks as clean as it did when it went in almost 5k miles ago. I did have to replace the speed sensor during the winter not sure if moisture was the cause of if it just failed
I would like to hear from any Stelvio owners [and Bellagios]with a view to comparing notes and poss meeting up from time to time for a natter and a ride out
I am a bit of a luddite with computers and forums and the like so help me out here!!!
hi not long owned my stelvio ( no problems so far ) with reference to moto corsa i hear they are no longer official guzzi dealers but they are regarded as the best in the south can anyone confirm this or do i need to look elsewhere in future . p.s i take it your based in the south like myself so give us a shout some time and maybe we could meet up

Wandering how many miles / KM the Stelvio's are running now??

Her in Holland there are a few that hitting the 60.000 Km :nod:

So, bring it on!

Mine now has ~56.5k miles. Should've had over 60k, but an accident last May kept me off my bikes for around 4 months, in which I missed a bunch of trips. Hope to make those up this year...

Miles, who counts miles.

Six rear tires. That is what I count. :shock:

:cry:

Actually, I'm only at 24,000 or so miles. But then I have about 83,000 miles on my 04 EV which I swap with, so that cuts down the Stelvio miles.

Seriously, six tires. That is goofy...... :roll:
try the new T 30's. I like the ones I put on my 2010 with 32,000 miles on it. cam job at 20,000 nothing since.

2012 Stelvio purchased Aug 2012 front fork seal started leaking at 10,000ks, repaired under warranty now clocked up 30,000k no trouble since, on second rear tyre and first front tyre now.
So far nothing but a pleasure to ride on Australian rough as guts roads.

I'm at 10 rear tires now. But my daily ride is shared with an EV, at 114,000 miles in it. This time of year I prefer the EV due to the better weather protection.

2012 Stelvio purchased Aug 2012 front fork seal started leaking at 10,000ks, repaired under warranty now clocked up 30,000k no trouble since, on second rear tyre and first front tyre now.
So far nothing but a pleasure to ride on Australian rough as guts roads.

Similarly my 2012 Stelvio purchased June 12, had fork seals replaced at 10,000km service. just did 30,000km service Jan 14 (30 months old, but bike spent 4 months being shipped from UK to AU).

I'm at 10 rear tires now. But my daily ride is shared with an EV, at 114,000 miles in it. This time of year I prefer the EV due to the better weather protection.

1o rear tires on the Stelvio?
I'm wandering how long you last whit one tire..:rofl:

i have 40,000km on my 2008 stelvio and i just fitted new cam and followers ,hoping to put a lot more kms this year.

Around 6000 since October 2010.

You need to get out more...

From my 2010

DSCN1178%5B1%5D.jpg

I bought my Stelvio as my beemer has got pretty high miles, almost 62,000. I was wondering what kind of miles other stelvio owners have put on their bikes? mines now got nearly 6,000.

I have nearly 25,000 miles on a 2013 Stelvio. I believe I can get 200,000 miles on it without much major work. I got over 8,000 miles on a Michelin Pilot Road 3 rear tire and still am going on the front with over 12,000 miles. I now have a Continental Road Attack on the rear with nearly 4,000 miles on that. I may try some Avon Storm 3-D XM tires next. I don't do much off road riding, so I have stayed with the road tires. I am averaging about 15,000 miles per year on motorcycles. I also have a 1998 BMW R1100 RT with 118,000 miles. Bought that in 2004 with 4,700 miles on it. I have replaced the auxiliary lights with Denali D2 LED lights, replaced the mirrors and have lost two exhaust gaskets. The exhaust gasket is the one that comes from the throttle side and connects to the y pipe. I did have one Lambda probe (oxygen sensor) replaced. I am a very critical/ analytical thinker and the few other things I would improved on the Stelvio are: firmer shocks in the front and better throttle response from 2 - 3.5 rpm.

I've got 30,000 miles on my 2013. I hope to add 15,000 to that this year.

Back