• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Be sure to see our STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commerically supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2022.

Why are EV Motorcycles failling

Adam Davis

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Maybe HD shoulda named their Irone "Silent Thunder!"

When my buddy's Big Dog broke down in Mexico, that's what his travelin' buddies called it.

I like it!
Down in south Florida there is something that occurs called heat lightning. There is never thunder following the flashes of light. Good name possibly for the next e bike. Not sure what causes it but I guess a lamen can consider it pseudo lightning. Comparison being internal combustion motorcycle vs...."of the like".

La Borgia

Just got it firing!
Then they started racing them, and it all changed.
They are trying it with the E-Formula series.

Now he’s calling us old farts :rofl: !
Meh. A Sommelier should be so lucky to sip my old farts😌 Yeah, you guys are so PREJUDICED, I note nobody AT ALL is reminiscing about BALLOONS! Remember them ?(wistful note;) Us old blokes remember... ahhh the rustle of the wind, the creak of the rope...😥 oh...you guys😪

Tonerjockey

High Miler
GT Contributor
Down in south Florida there is something that occurs called heat lightning. There is never thunder following the flashes of light. Good name possibly for the next e bike. Not sure what causes it but I guess a lamen can consider it pseudo lightning. Comparison being internal combustion motorcycle vs...."of the like".
ooohhhh HEAT LIGHTNING I like it! Great name for a desert racer.

Robert_C

Just got it firing!
Meh. A Sommelier should be so lucky to sip my old farts😌 Yeah, you guys are so PREJUDICED, I note nobody AT ALL is reminiscing about BALLOONS! Remember them ?(wistful note;) Us old blokes remember... ahhh the rustle of the wind, the creak of the rope...😥 oh...you guys😪
I understand that you are kidding, but the Book Falling Upwards is a great look at the history, golden age, and failings, of balloon travel. I enjoyed it.

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
I have a LOVE - HATE relationship with EV’s of any kind.

I hate them for me, but love them for others because that way, there are more tasty used motorcycles and cars for people like me!

Oh, and if the zeppelin was still a modern method of travel across the ocean, I would try it.

I’ve read many places that is was the smoothest, most comfortable, most relaxing and downright civilized way of travel ever invented. Sitting in the gondola, in a cushy chair, reading and cocktailing over the ocean…luxurious indeed!

jwtucker

V11 Sport 4 Life
Did anyone else experience major anxiety while trying to watch Long Way Up? I thought I was going to have to start popping Xanax to get through it. It just reinforced the fact that EV is not for me (yet). I hope they're successful, but until the range gets better and/or they have the ability to swap batteries at service stations in the time it takes to normally fill a tank with gas, I'll let other people enjoy them. They do look great for commuting purposes, but my commute consists of a ~1.5 mile walk so even there they are not really worth it to me.

__Jason

jwtucker

V11 Sport 4 Life
For those that like the quiet, be very cautious of pedestrians !
I would want some sort of "un-stealth mode". Like something you can switch on while going through towns to provide synthetic engine noises, and then when you get back to open roads, you can switch back to stealth mode.

__Jason

DeadEye

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Did anyone else experience major anxiety while trying to watch Long Way Up? I thought I was going to have to start popping Xanax to get through it. It just reinforced the fact that EV is not for me (yet). I hope they're successful, but until the range gets better and/or they have the ability to swap batteries at service stations in the time it takes to normally fill a tank with gas, I'll let other people enjoy them. They do look great for commuting purposes, but my commute consists of a ~1.5 mile walk so even there they are not really worth it to me.

__Jason
We subscribed to ApeLe TV just long enough to watch it…

I must guess that part of “The Deal” was, H-D supplies the bikes , support, etc… and the boys down play the parts about keeping them charged and staying on schedule :wasntme:

It would be bad enought being in town and able to get a tow to a nearby charging station… in The wilds of South America !
Foget about it
Hey !
Boys, bring that diesel charging Truck over here…

And what about those Rivian trucks ;)
it was all a very nice Science experiment- but not really practical.

Last edited:

jwtucker

V11 Sport 4 Life
I found Rivian's contribution to the series to be extremely impressive, and their vehicles look pretty nice. If I was in the market for such a thing, it would be high on my list... well above that butt-fugly Cybertruck.

For that matter, HD's contribution to LWU was pretty impressive as well. They clearly had some passionate people working on that project. The cold weather sapping the battery capacity early on made it pretty painful to watch for a while, though. Its promising tech, but IMHO not much more than an expensive novelty at this point. Ask me again in another 10 years.

Given Ewan's apparent affinity for Guzzi's, I was a little surprised that they didn't consider V85TTs for that trip. They were dead-set on this electric thing, unfortunately.

__Jason

GerryAZ

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT di Razza Pura
My electric car has a reverse alarm like construction equipment and a forward alarm when moving at less than 18 mph (30 km/hr). Pedestrians are still oblivious. A soundtrack from a motorcycle with open exhaust might be better.