Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Why not a group ride

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by nokarbs, Sep 9, 2013.

1. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

We'll see, maybe I can make it tomorrow. Probably be on the 1000S-oldest gas in the fleet, & better adapted for hot & windy than the T3 & Norge.

2. Chuck in Indiana

Chuck in Indiana Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Definite maybe for me. :D

3. nokarbs

nokarbs Just got it firing!

Chuck, you're a long way from Indiana...gonna haf to pull all nighter ... there's java at the ride start

4. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Change of plans, hope to make it next time, thanks for taking the initiative.

5. Chuck in Indiana

Nice ride, met some new guys. Thanks!

6. nokarbs

The Guzzies were out in force today! I counted 4, and that was just our group! Folls at Rock Store were drooling over our V Twins. We hauled in a herd of Hogs effortlessly. Great work. Chuck, Paul, a pleasure to meet you. Paul, next meet-up could be in Glendale at foot of the Crest.

7. Chuck in Indiana

I saw a V7R in Redondo Beach last night. Guzzis are getting thicker than fleas... :D

8. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

"Hauled in a herd of Hogs"...! That was funny! We were rolling up Pacific Coast Highway at a reasonable speed, not sure why they were "hogging" the fast lane at such a slow speed. Guess their Vs prefer a more sedate pace? But we were barely above the limit, so they were definitely trolling...

The amount of attention our bikes get never ceases to amaze me, even from the jaded group of bikers that frequent the Rock Store.

Look forward to next month's ride! Great meeting you all! Chuck, your bike sounded great!

9. Chuck in Indiana

Thanks. Strong men weep when the Mighty Scura lights off.. :lol:

10. Chuck in Indiana

Sorry, I've forgotten your name.. I'm terrible :pinch: ..but on the BillyBob howling from the rear.. just remembered that some V11s had a spacer that was 1mm too short in the rear drive. It should be 113.2 mm long. You probably should check it.. it'll take out your wheel bearings.
    Headed back to Indiana tomorrow. Back to paradise :shock: in December. :D

11. nokarbs

"hauled in a herd of Hogs", who doesn't like a little alliteration...I'm sure the Harley boys are still talking about us...Chuck, let us know when you're back in town and we'll put something together...in the meantime, November 2 is just around the corner...

Andy

12. Barenekd

Barenekd Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sorry, I missed the last one, but GMR on the 2nd sounds doable. Nov 3rd is Hansen Dam. Can't miss that one!
    Bare

13. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

Chuck, thanks for the rain :p

Andy, where & when the GMR starting point?

And all should try making the Hansen Dam do!

14. TalkingGriso

Don't know much about it, but my Google Fu tells me the Hansen Dam ride is for Brit bikes. Can someone fill me in... is there a plan to send a flight of Geese over there?

15. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Paul, Hansen Dam is indeed a Brit Bike Ride, started by (GodSpeed) Founder/Pres Bib; http://socalnorton.com -- but we've been invading it since ~2000. The who's-who of SoCal Moto Industry people are usually there.

16. stmike

stmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The Hanson Dam deal is for all bikes that are old and interesting. I'll be going there with either my V7 Sport or my Laverda RGS. Not necessarily just for Brit bikes at all.

17. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Note that first weekend in Nov is also the weekend of our Death Valley run. Govt shutdown or no, Furnace Creek Ranch will be open and running.

18. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks Bob. So can we get to any parts of the Park then do you know, or will everything be behind locked gates?

19. TalkingGriso

Thanks! Well,that's a place I want to be too. So what's the plan? Pre-meet and roll in en masse, or just show up separately?

20. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

All I know is that per FC Ranch web site they will be open, and state highways that allow you to get there will be open. I would expect Scotty's Castle and other things run by park service to be closed. Don't know about side roads to this & that. I would guess that a call to the Ranch would get more information. Course if the petulant children that we the people send to Congress get off their dead asses before the end of the month then this would all be moot.