• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wife popped the question yesterday evening.

Muley

Cruisin' Guzzisti
We were sitting on the front porch after supper last night swatting mosquitoes and finally solved that problem by firing up one of those "thermo cell" devices, which work very well BTW. Anyway, the conversation got around to our aging and assorted ailments that go along with that inevitable part of life. Then she popped the question. No, it wasn't about having another child. That question was last asked about 25 years ago:blush: And it wasn't about getting a divorce. That hasn't seriously come up after over 33 years of marriage. The QUESTION was "will you date someone if I'm gone" (in this case meaning gone as in deceased). Without thinking I quickly answered as honestly as I could and said "maybe, it's hard to say, I might go out with someone socially like with a group" or something to that effect. Wrong answer:( 'Tis best to give the answer that is desired when it comes to the fairer gender, but, of course, you all know that already. To make a long story short, I spent the next few minutes defending my answer as best I could, but the damage was done.:blink:

Then she popped the other question "would you remarry if I died?". By now I was on top of my game and ready for anything so I immediately said "no way, wouldn't even consider it" and then I immediately had another lapse of honesty and said "only if it was Lidia Bastianich (or her mother)".:laugh:

Curiously, that seemed to satisfy her:S

http://www.lidiasitaly.com/

Guess my answer would be "why wouldn't I?" or, more seriously, "I promise I won't tell you if I do" ;)

I've had this conversation with my wife. I'm 34. she is 32. Thanks god it happened while my mind is still sharp. I said, NO, would you? No, she replied. "You could. In fact you should. if I was gone I wouldn't want you to go thru the rest of your life alone," I said. Yes, this did work. She felt good about it and so did I. Of course at our age I hope this doesn't happen for many many years.

Just goes to show you Honesty is not the best policy when your wife what to here a consoling answer. We live an we learn. I'm in for it. My wife has informed me it is time for KIDS. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Kurt said:

"I have no such plans at this time".

Good answer! However, my wife usually won't accept just one answer and will normally keep on pressing until she gets the answer she is looking for. I just wish I knew what that was:dry:

Robert, aka, Dr. Phil of Guzzitech, nailed it:

"I could never imagine it"

Perfect;) that's every bit as good as W.C. Field's reaction to seeing a baby. He always said "what a baby !" rather than telling the truth and proclaiming what an ugly little urchin it was.

Yeah but if I remember correctly (not that I am THAT old mind) W.C. Fields also said "thank heavens for little girls" :eek:hmy:

There are things a man should never answer to. No matter how you answer you are wrong.
Like does this dress make my butt look fat? DO NOT ANSWER THAT! and there are others.
I tell the other half I refuse to answer that.

Papasloan wrote:
There are things a man should never answer to. No matter how you answer you are wrong.
Like does this dress make my butt look fat? DO NOT ANSWER THAT! and there are others.
I tell the other half I refuse to answer that.

That's guilt by silence. Even a wrong answer is better. At least you know what you're in the dog house for!

"I could never imagine it" is quite good, but, my dear muley, surely you are of an age to know that a man can never break the mars-venus code.

Dave Barry did a piece once -- you've probably seen it -- that illustrates this phenomenon:

http://www.hereinstead.com/sys-tmpl/bth ... andelaine/

I reread it every now and then, especially after I've annoyed Kathi by doing something (or not) that violates unwritten rules. I've also learned that the Constitution's Ex Post Facto Clause has no application in relations between the sexes. That it's a new rule I was never told is irrelevant.

Bill

I give my wife two scenarios, 1, I miss her so much, I sell all our shit, get a cheap hotel in Ensenada next to a bar and a pharmacy and drink and drug myself into oblivion so I quickly join her wherever dead folks end up. the other is that I would never date or marry, because you can order in stripper/prostitutes like pizza out here and why go through the hassle, she was cool with either choice

Bill, your link to Barry's little tale reminds me of something I just heard re. the difference between a man's brain and a woman's brain. In fact, the wife and I discuss this reality quite regularly. At this moment in time (bedtime, to be exact) the source of this brilliance evades me, but I'm sure someone on this forum will quickly give credit where credit is due.

A man's brain consists of boxes. Each box represents a separate thought process. For example, there is the wife box, the lawn box, the Guzzi box, the work box, etc. None of these boxes touch each other. Therefore, men can only think of one thing at any given time. We are very careful not to let the boxes touch, and so, we go about our lives as simple-minded creatures thinking about one particular subject at the expense of all the others (just like the guy in Barry's story did as he concentrated on his car repairs). We have one special box that few women know about, and it's our "nothing box". When we're in that box we think of absolutely zip. That's why we are able to, quite literally, sit around thinking of nothing at all, and, when interrupted we must immediately find another box to dwell in leaving the sanctity of our "nothing box".

Women's brains are made up of a ball of wire. Dozens of thoughts race through their minds, unseparated from each other, racing around and around this endless wire maze like an electric current. The thought process is driven by an energy called emotion, which is found in men only at certain times, but it exists in a woman's brain 24/7. I think of the whole female thought process as an electrical short circuit, and it is just as difficult to understand and repair as the short I have in my EV tach light.:blink:

At breakfast this morning, my wife demonstrated the accuracy of the wire ball hypothesis as she changed subjects in our conversation, seemingly at random. My son and I just sat there in amazement without a clue as to what she was talking about.

And since we were both in our all-important "breakfast box", we couldn't care less what it all meant. ;)

If I had a wife or girlfriend and she popped that question, I know what to do now.....

Login to the GuzziTech forum before I answer that question.... I didn't know one could get so much technical advice here!

;)

Back