• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Winter is here!

pnguzzi

Cruisin' Guzzisti
:D Brrrr! Tasty Brew, Warm fire in the woodburner. "She" is all tucked away for the winter!! :D
Don't I have the coolest wife in the world!!
Ohh, and did I mention.. that it was her idea?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 918
Won't say it's winter yet over here. But it's sure cold enough to put the bike into hibernation. Brrrr.

Looks like you're taking good care of your nearest and dearest... :mrgreen:

Getting colder here too.
My heating system has expired, not really a surprise, it's not far short of 40 years old.
The new system will be fitted 2nd of December, the main trouble is that the cost (£2400) is going to seriously cut trip money in 2011. I had planned to go to Greece, via Mandello and a ferry, around 3 months total touring. Looking like something much shorter now.

icon_duim.gif

Hi,

winter is here also... :cry:
minimum is around -10°C, during the day around -5°C.
How I hate this... :evil:

The green/white building is my garage (7 mtr x 6,5 mtr).
Our bikes are oké.
They are enjoying a luxurious life in my heated garage B) .
The Harley is getting some attention now..., oké, coming days...
Next to the Harley is the Yamaha XV 535 from my wife.

On the other side of my garage is my old Chevy pick-up ('69 C10 short step-side).

I hope spring will come early next year...
Ad B

Attachments

• winter.jpg
    winter.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 739
  • bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 739
Yep, winter here too in the North East of England with our second lot of snow ! Down to - 10c last night and it's not got any 'hotter' than -4c during the day, bugger. Still it's our works Christmas party tomorrow and were wearing Hawaiain shirts :cool:

How's it going eh!
Well us Canucks are kinda use to the snow and cold weather.
This morning its 17ºf (-9c). Burrr!

But surprisingly we didn't get that much snow this year. (It's not over yet) :evil:
We still got another month or so before we’re out of the woods. February is usually a doozie

I was listening to the weather this morning … the US are hit hard.
As of this morning Florida is the only State that hasn’t seen snow.

Make me wanna move there! :)

Attachments

• scover.JPG
    scover.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 678
  • drummond.jpg
    drummond.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 678
DanPez said:
How's it going eh!
Well us Canucks are kinda use to the snow and cold weather.
This morning its 17ºf (-9c). Burrr!

But surprisingly we didn't get that much snow this year. (It's not over yet) :evil:
We still got another month or so before we’re out of the woods. February is usually a doozie

I was listening to the weather this morning … the US are hit hard.
As of this morning Florida is the only State that hasn’t seen snow.

Make me wanna move there! :)

Amen to all that, Dan! We got whacked pretty hard here in London, Ont. in early December and except for a bit of a melt shortly after Christmas, it seems like winter has really settled in. Took this pic of my back yard on December 24.

Cheers,

Bruce

Attachments

• Winter 2010.jpg
    Winter 2010.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 676
You can expect lost of snow in Canada. But when Huntsville Alabama looks like this, it is a bit much. Pictures taken early on 10 January 2011.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 670
john zibell said:
You can expect lost of snow in Canada. But when Huntsville Alabama looks like this, it is a bit much. Pictures taken early on 10 January 2011.

Whoa, John, that is just plain weird! I've been to Alabama at this time of the year before, and it sure didn't look like that! :eek:

Bruce

Wow John!
Alabama ..... I would imagine this is something never seen in your area.
Hope they got the roads cleared by now.
That’s one thing that sad to hear ........ towns are not prepared nor equipped for situations like these. (Paralyzing the city and stranding people on the roads)

Bruce
You were saying you got whacked pretty hard in early December ….Was it by the storm on the 12th / 14th ?
Man that was a wicked one!!!
It was all over the news …. A couple of casualties too!
The road between Windsor and Sarnia looked like this .....

Unbelievable

Attachments

• CTV Tim Hortons.jpg
    CTV Tim Hortons.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 563
  • CTV Helicop.jpg
    CTV Helicop.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 563
DanPez said:
Wow John!
Alabama ..... I would imagine this is something never seen in your area.
Hope they got the roads cleared by now.
That’s one thing that sad to hear ........ towns are not prepared nor equipped for situations like these. (Paralyzing the city and stranding people on the roads)

Bruce
You were saying you got whacked pretty hard in early December ….Was it by the storm on the 12th / 14th ?
Man that was a wicked one!!!
It was all over the news …. A couple of casualties too!
The road between Windsor and Sarnia looked like this .....
[

Unbelievable

Dan, the huge storm we had in London was December 6/7. I think we ended up with over 100 cm. of snow over a 48 hour period. The storm you have referred to in your post hit the following week, just a little to the west of us, making Highway 402 impassable between London and Sarnia, stranding around 300 motorists. It's been quite a winter so far!

The attached pic shows our patio table as the snow continued to fall.

Bruce

Attachments

• Winter Storm 2010.jpg
    Winter Storm 2010.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 559
Some more pictures of winter in the sunny south :lol: :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1507.JPG
    DSCN1507.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN1521.JPG
    DSCN1521.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN1520.JPG
    DSCN1520.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN1517.JPG
    DSCN1517.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 544
oldmanjob said:
BravoBravo said:
oldmanjob said:
Some more pictures of winter in the sunny south :lol: :eek:

This has been one strange winter! :eek:

Bruce

Since Al Gore stopped shouting about global warming :eek: , look whats happening :lol:

Bill

Yeah, global warming my hairy white ass! :D

Bruce
Doing my Best to Enlarge my Carbon Footprint.

Back