• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Workshop Stand Compatibility

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
I hope this link is OK to post, if not please remove.

Can anyone tell me it this front and rear lift set will work on my V7 III Anniversario (Evap can has been removed)?

Link to set.

Thank You

I own those in my many stands. What do you want to know?

The rear lift uses the swing arm but you may have to temporarily remove your exhaust cans to allow for clearance when using.

Regarding the front lift, the front lifting pin has a set of 4 or 5 different pins which locate under the triple tree in the central hole. If you look up there and there is a center hole, then yes it will work.

I own those in my many stands. What do you want to know?

The rear lift uses the swing arm but you may have to temporarily remove your exhaust cans to allow for clearance when using.

Regarding the front lift, the front lifting pin has a set of 4 or 5 different pins which locate under the triple tree in the central hole. If you look up there and there is a center hole, then yes it will work.
Thanks for the info. I am just wanting to know if it will fit my bike. So it will for the front end, but I "may" have to remove the exhaust cans for the back. That's what I needed.

Thanks

I don't know Shawn for sure but they should work fine. Here you can see the side extensions sit under the swingarm on both side, and lift from the bottom, however there is a bit of pin that sticks out. As long as the swept pipe is above the bottom of the swing arm by 1" or more, the pins should clear the exhaust.

You can see how with the bottom of the foot on the pin placed under the swingarm, the remainder of the pin and stand frame, need about 1" to 1.5" clearance above the bottom of the swingarm, so if your cans are at least that high above the bottom of the swingarm, you should be go to go!

IMG 7445

IMG 7446

IMG 7447

IMG 7448

IMG 7441

As to the front lift, here you can see the pin. There are like 4 or 5 different sizes that came with it. What you are looking for is this hole... Clearance may be close to the front fender or the underside of the light assembly but it should fit fine. I use them all the time on all kinds of bikes without centerstands.

These stands are a bit unusual in how you rock the bike up on it and it takes a bit of getting used to because the pin holder portion (top half of the stand) is actually free-hinged and doesn't stay in place until the weight of the motorcycle is resting upon it. It's kind of strange.

IMG 7442

IMG 7439

IMG 7438

IMG 7440

Also Shawn, I just realized that the feet on my first Venom stand is different that the link you went to, but I own that stand too.

IMG 7443

IMG 7444

Last edited:
I don't know Shawn for sure but they should work fine. Here you can see the side extensions sit under the swingarm on both side, and lift from the bottom, however there is a bit of pin that sticks out. As long as the swept pipe is above the bottom of the swing arm by 1" or more, the pins should clear the exhaust.
WOW, thanks for the detailed pics Scott. Really appreciate it. Now that is customer service, and I'm not even a customer. If I'm ever in Ohio I'll stop by and say hi. Hopefully in two years as I plan to circumnavigate the US.

You're always welcome here Shawn! If you need measurements on those stands or anything else, just give me a shout out.

Warmest regards,

Scott

Quick follow up to this. I just spent the afternoon with a few motorcycle friends trying to get these stands to work on my 2017 V7 III.

The short story is they do not work in any way, front or back.

The front is way to short. even at full extension, the stand does not have the ability to lift the front even a tiny bit off the ground. Actually it will not even take any of the weight off the tire. So short of adding blocks under the stand wheels it does not work.

For the back, even with the exhausts out of the way, the arms are to short to allow it to slide under the swingarm and lift. The handle portion runs into the backend long before you can get the pads in the right place.

So they are going back to the seller. For now I will just stick to my homemade wooden braces and use those. :)

Well that sucks!

I’m so sorry. I have so many different stands at my shop and those particular ones you got as well.

I use them on all kinds of motorcycles all the time.

The real problem is, I have no 1400 / V7 / V85 / V9 motorcycle to test for compatibility.

That front stand is very tricky and not intuitive. It took me a few tries to figure it out and now I can toss a bike up on it very quickly.

I’m really sorry Shawn. 😩

Back