• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

World's Fastest Stelvio?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Check my Max MPH when I got home today. :huh:

Attachments

• WFStelvio.jpg
    WFStelvio.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 511
And I thought I was fast at 159mph in the wet on a 60mph limit road..........it's amazing how heavy rain affects the power of these bikes.........well the speed sensor anyway! :)

Was your speed achieved in the wet by any chance?

I wish I had caught mine when the speed sensor went.. showed 500Km/Hr plus for a fraction of a sec. :lol:

I suppose bad dashboard programming - It should record multiple samples and determining noise spikes messing with the speed sensor signal instead of reading them as real speed. It could even associate wheel speed with rpm & selected gear.
I think most modern bikes do not reed speed at the wheel but at the secondary gearbox axle so less cables going around, much less noise spikes.
As the the rear wheel is recorded, a lot of distance recorded is placebo because of the wheel slipping particularly when accelerating at low speed on mountain roads. The wheel is always slipping a little on power even if it is by just 1%-2% percent, too little to feel it.

It's little over a week you have the bike ....... and you just had to modify it with NOS ? :)
Nice :!:

If you have been to Todd's house in Malibu, his long ass driveway is about a 45 degree downslope, easy to hit 176 just going to his house, heck, my eldo hit 150.... (seriously, last year, I had to put my ford F150 into 4 wheel drive to get up his drive way in reverse, it was just spinning its tires..... The most likely place to crash in the Santa Monica Mountains is pulling into and out of Todd's place. Watching roper take a tall stelvio up the drive was heart pounding.... :)

Now, you wouldn't want a maximum speed recording that always worked, would you? There is an optimum rate of fail for this feature.

It should work most of the time, so you got the benefit of it; but it should also fail sufficiently often to be able to establish "reasonable doubt", in court ;)

Joking aside, how does the speed sensor work, now they've got rid of the old fashioned front spindle gearbox & cable? I once had a pushbike speedometer that would read about 90mph every time I went over a particular set of those induction coils they bury in the road to control traffic signals. You'd like to think Guzzi don't use anything as sensitive to interference....

icenian said:
Joking aside, how does the speed sensor work,
There is a "hall effect" non contact electronic pickup mounted on the carc that senses when the bolts that hold the brake disk go by.

They are prone to getting wet thus causing false readings and then failing.

Hmmm, hall effect sensors affected by the induction coils used in the road surface... That could be an explanation as they could induce an alternating magnetic field through the bolt when it is in front of the sensor that could mess things up..

Shrike said:
There is a "hall effect" non contact electronic pickup mounted on the carc that senses when the bolts that hold the brake disk go by.

I think that's what my V7C has (though it doesn't have a maximum speed function, so I'd be less likely to notice any weird readings)

What happens if you fit stainless disk bolts..?

Back