• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Wot? no Cafe in 2011?

jest2dogs

Just got it firing!
I was disheartened to hear that the V7 Cafe will no longer be imported. Were sales that lackluster? I mean, one season and that's it? Hardly got any exposure here in the states. How is MG going to bolster their lineup against Triumph if they keep dumping the smallblock models in the US? No V7 Cafe, No Breva. No Nevada (I realize there are leftovers, but I just discovered the Breva in 2008 and in 2009 then they quit bringing them in. It's a little sleeper. I think it's my favorite bike ever of the eleven bikes I've owned.

Is the V7 Classic still in the lineup?

Golly gee whiz, what a goofy company. :S

My dealer Moto-Nexus sold everyone that came through the dealership :D Yes the V7C is in the lineup :D MG and the parent company need to stop sending us the leftovers. California, and the EPA keep putting up road blocks, making marketing easier in third world countries, :S

Bill

The Cafe may be replaced by the V7 for 2011 ?

Could be a part of the new management; limited "vintage" editions? :mrgreen:

Guzzi has to make a profit and that isn't the case if they're sold as closeouts. I'm sure demand is much better in the EU where there are lower shipping costs and higher margins.

Moto International has some with nice discounted prices and there are probably more scattered about the country. If those get sold, and there is some demand, don't be suprised if Piaggio changes their mind and brings some more over.

If you buy it, they will come.

Let's face it, the Cafe is just a Classic with a different paint job, mufflers, seat, and clip-ons instead of a handle bar. It was a way for Piaggio to sell more V7Cs without a lot of investment. Now they are doing a Clubman version, and that will most likely be a "limited edition" too, but remains to be seen if it will ever make it to the U.S.

Nowadays it seems like motorcycle manufacturers "remake" their whole product line every few years due to the fierce competition they face. Moto Guzzi is just not in that realm, so it seems they have been repackaging the same small block platforms in order to have "something new" to sell. Even the big boys, when they keep a model around for a while, change the available colors yearly, and usually come up with a limited edition to tempt new buyers when sales go flat.

I'd love to see an 8v v7 classic/cafe - I wonder if there are any plans, I doubt it. I reckon it would sell pretty well, but then again, what do I know...

Guzzi has been "not importing" certain models for well over 12+ years now, so that current stock can be depleted. Sales seemed to be OK on the V7C variants, as I see plenty out & about (as well as on this Forum). I wouldn't be too worried about it going away any time soon. As for a SB 8V engine, that's not even in the rumor mill... However what is, is a 944cc (Bellagio powered/platform) based V9C (V7C styling). Fingers crossed on that one.

A 944cc big block cafe? It does have an appeal. Whether it will sell in the US probably depends on the price. If it's priced mid-way between the small and big blocks then it should be a success.

For myself, I appreciate the lightness and simplicity of the 750 line. The low-tech engine is easy to work on, and the performance is all a sane man needs (but we all have our less than sane moments, eh?) Despite that, the Bellagio does have an appeal. It's appeal might be muted for me, if I can get the 820cc kit I've been trying for.

I'm with sign216, I love my v7, small, light and nimble but I could do with an extra 10-20hp; a 944 big block cafe will probably be the size and weight of a small tank.

820cc kit? is that a real option for the 750 ? What else would need doing, headwork etc ?

Chrisk, the 820cc kit is made by a small company in the hinterlands of Italy; Ricerca Accessori Motori, usually just called R.A.M. The kits were made in the past for Nevadas, but recently RAM started making them again. I'm trying to get one, but right now they are between production runs. The kit appears to be a cost effective way to get more "ump."

Note that kit gives you more torque, especially for low-mid rpm riding. For high rpm horsepower the issue is better breathing, and Guzzitech is the expert there from all their experience racing the smallblocks. I've heard they do some great head, valve, and intake work.

Back