Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Would you buy a EV1100 with 100,000 miles?

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by sempervee, Aug 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

Found a 03 EV1100 Cali with factory saddlebags and fairing. Looks to be in good shape from the pics but close to 100,000 miles on it. Have not gone to look at it yet. Has been fit with Power Commander. 2nd owner purchased from original owner few years ago and has not ridden much. Had a 2V Norge previously and caught the Guzzi bug. Not owned a vintage model and don't know what I might be getting into. What say the Guzzi folk? From what I have seen $3500 - $4000 is the going ask price for 98 -04 Cali's. What do you think price with Hi Miles? What to look out for other than the obvious? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Just make sure it has the most recent cam updates done (with that mileage, my bet is yes). The speedo/tacho will die if it isn't already, so you'll be on your own with that as the speedo in MPH is NLA.
    Otherwise, they are solid machines and can go another 100k easily, with a clutch and possible oil seal replacements.
    Note that bikes that sit can easily go to $1000 to get running well again. Just because it starts and runs doesn't mean it will run even OK if you actually put some serious miles on it. Just factor that in on the purchase price.

3. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks Todd. How do I check about the Cam update? Need I pull the valve covers? I know about the dual clutch plate the hydro is suppose to have and the triple tree lower crack to look for. Your right, he said the Speedo cable had been replaced at 60K.

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The cable isn't the issue, it is the actually the odometer that dies. If that one is still working at this point I would call it a miracle. Other than what Todd mentioned, she may be due for a timing chain. Relatively easy to do and use the good aftermarket tensioner, not the one from Guzzi. http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=347

sempervee likes this.