Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Would you concider a Daytona 1000 at this stage of life?

Discussion in 'Spine' started by Supaflee, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Supaflee

Supaflee Cruisin' Guzzisti

Im 62. Done loads of riding .Motocross , enduro ,trails , sport cruising , cruising , touring . In that order . Including bikes like Norton Dominator,Royal Enfield Bullett,Norton 650SS,Norton Commando 750 combat , Norton Commando 850 Interstate , Suzuki DR 600 , Kawasaki KDX200, Suzuki DR 350 , MZ Scorpion , Suzuki TL 1000, 2nd MZ Scorpion , Suzuki Intruder VS1400 , Suzuki VZ 1600 Marauder , Suzuki vx800 , Moto Guzzi Caf'ed SP11 .
    I've never crashed on the road or been hit by another vehicle . Crashed plenty offroad though .
    Now , My question to you ; I have the opportunity to buy a blood red 1996 Moto Guzzi Daytona Racing # 97/100. Vin #ZGUKACKA9TM150003 , engine # KA 012349.
    The bike is mint ,having only two owners since new , never raced , 13,600 genuine Kms , Powercommander , a second chip , a racing chip also comes with the bike.( Im curious about that , why have another chip when theres a Powercommander )
    I only have the VX in the shed at the moment , so what are your thoughts on all this ?
    I wont be racing , just playing occasionally. oh yes , the price is somewhere around NZ $12,000.00 (maybe )
    yes or no ??
    Supaflee

2. Chuck in Indiana

Chuck in Indiana Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

You're kidding, right? Do you want one? How often do they turn up?
    Sounds like a no brainer to me.

3. JAS

JAS Tuned and Synch'ed

Are you worried that with your age it is a bike with too commited a riding position?

I guess it depends on how much you want the bike and whether you are willing to put up with the comfort issues. I am 38 years old and have a chronic back pain condition, however I own a Sport 1100. It is uncomfortable and I pay a price in terms of pain the day after riding it, however I wanted a classic Italian sportster and I love riding it, so I am willing to live with the downsides. I have a 1200 Sport to ride longer distances.

As long as you take care of the bike and it is in good condition when you buy it, you shouldn't lose out on the deal, the bike is only going to appreciate in price over time, I would have thought (being a limited run).

If you want it, just buy it, you only live once. $12k in the whole scheme of things is not a lot to pay for a piece of Guzzi history. Even something as boring as a Toyoat Corolla is $30k plus.....

4. fotoguzzi

fotoguzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Stage of life or state of mind ? are you crazy? it should be in your garage by now.

5. Series4

Series4 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Buy it. On second thoughts, buy it. No, hang on, buy it.

6. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I have a '93. Stock it is not a comfortable bike to ride, I have adjusted mine so I can ride all day (I am in my late 40's).
    They are a really cool Moto Guzzi. There is a difference between them an the new ones. A different feel and character. Much more raw. I call it The Hot Rod Tractor. They ooze character.

As to the chip, the PC can only adjust fueling. The chip can adjust timing as well.

7. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Mate, I'm 55. At this stage of life if I stop to consider something ......................... it would be sex!

I mean, if its got tits or wheels it will give you trouble, but you can shoot your bike, or sell it.
    A women (sex) however, may cost you a house, your superannuation and even your sanity.

So, while both bikes and birds can give you great pleasure, if it all goes to shit the bike will cost you less.

BUY IT! Dopey.

8. johnno

johnno Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

buy,buy,buy . im 55 and loving me 1100 sport . These bikes are great and the riding position is perfect if you not got a big belly getting in the way

9. Supaflee

Sadly another bidder bought it the Daytona , at $11500 NZ. However , if he ever wants to part with it for whatever reason , he's going to call me . First option .Nice , hes a collector , probably own it for life I reckon .
    There is another one for sale , but high miles and its been played with , repainted, rebuilt , etc, etc and it's NZ $10,000.00.
    Now , and more recently , I've got all hot and bothered about a Black , Canadian 2004 ,1100 Le Mans .
    Only done 9500 original miles . Its missing the original Guzzi Fairing , but has a Givi replacement fitted .
    Yuk , you may say , but actually it doesnt look too bad , it doesnt have the skirts along the top of the engine though . I guess that doesnt matter much , its maybe a reflection of the price ????
    Brand new tyres , very possibly its first replacement set .
    Waddaya reckon about the Lemans?
    Supaflee

10. Supaflee

Is there anyone able to do some research in Canada for me please ?
    The Vin for the Lemans is ZGUKT0094M111286 and the engine Number is KR026316.
    That would be real cool .
    Supaflee

11. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I'm 60 & look at my Avatar. No problems riding all day. You've ridden enough different bikes to know what you are buying as far as performance goes. So your concern is what? bring that puppy home.