Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Xmas Day SMM ride

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by guzzibob, Dec 24, 2009.

1. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Anybody interested? I'm thinking a late morning start, let things warm up a bit first. Would expect it to be relatively LEO free, dontcha think?

2. guzzi jon

guzzi jon High Miler GT Contributor

Me and Bren might be up for a ride a bit later when it warms up

3. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Be good to see you & Bren, it's been a while. At this point, any idea what you mean specifically by "a bit later?" I'd like to be on the road no later than, oh, 10:30-11AM. Feel free to call me if you like, I'll do likewise if I haven't heard from you by the time I'm itchin' to roll.

4. guzzi jon

Bob,
    Just had some suprise holiday visitors show up, we wont be able to leave for several hours I figure. Like Don, I'm off next week and want to do some riding
    Cheers

5. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

OK Jon, thanks for the info. I'll just go off on my own, didn't really expect to see a lot of folks out & about on Xmas day.

6. guzzi jon

Hope you had a good ride, our guests never left, but we did eat a lot of food.......

7. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

Had a really nice ride in the SMM on the 1000S. Did the Stunt Road loop in to the Rock Store, then the Encinal/PCH/Potrero/Hidden Valley Rd loop back to the RS & home on the way out. RS was actually open for food, a first on Xmas day. Pretty good crowd too, more like a standard Saturday. Talked to a guy there on a loaned Breva he was probably going to buy, did my best to convince him to go ahead with it.

1000S has never run stronger, between the MGC rebuild & latest rejet, really have to watch the tach, from 5k on up to redline it's rock & roll.

Somewhat to my surprise did see a few LEO's, 1 sheriff apparantly investigating something at Mulholland & Old Topanga, & a CHP on Mullholland just west of Kanen. Oh, yeah, also some guy on a Kawa sport bike pulled over on 101 with about 6 CHP's behind him. He must have tried to run or something equally stupid.

8. Nick-in-PRC.

Nick-in-PRC. Tuned and Synch'ed

I went out on Christmas day and rode a similar route too..............didn't see a LEO all day, thankfully. In the strait bits I was pretty naughty.