• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1100 heads on an 850 Breva or Griso.

Calijackalbob

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I recently sold an 8V 1200 Griso and miss it so much I WANT TO REPLACE IT.

20210503 132713

I just found an 850 Griso for sale at a great price. I am sure I would be happy with it's 75 horsepower. 75 Horses is all my Bellagio had, and it was more than enough. (My Bella below, after a V7 style makeover.)

P 20180413 161348

I currently have a 750 Breva with a mere 55 horsepower. It is slow but tons of fun. I don't think an 850 would disappoint after owning the Bellagio or the Breva, but if can be upgraded, why not?
(My Breva below, after a V7 style makeover.)

20210814 140430

Anyway.... I have heard the only difference between the 850 and the 1100 is the heads. I would love to hear if anyone has turned their 850 Breva or Griso into an 1100 with a head swap. Was it worth it? Did it cost much? Did the gains in horsepower/speed justify the work/expense involved?

Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
Bob.

Bore and Stoke is different. As Steve said the stroke is shorter on the 850s . 1100s are 92 X 80mm and the 850s are 92 X 66mm so a head change won't have any impact.

Bore is the same as the 1100, stroke is shorter. The heads are the same except the inner spark plug hole is blocked off with a plug.
Stock I think you would notice the difference between an 850 and the Bellagio because of the single spark. It is a simple fix to add the second plug with the biggest challenge being mapping. Good fun when you're finished tho.

Apart from all the above in needing new heads, barrels and pistons, the crank balance will be thrown off also.
The 850 bottom end and 1100 heads and barrels setup on the Bellagio has a custom balance setup, and along with that the pumping ratio in the lower crankcase will be thrown off to hell resulting in the condenser being overwhelmed at high RPM.
Chris.

Last edited:
Back