• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport Stage 1 Kit Filtration

beemer

Tuned and Synch'ed
G'day Everyone,

I am now running the stage 1 kit with K&N filters, never having used this type of filter before , I thought I would ask the question of what filters members are running with this setup.
For those that may not be aware the Stage 1 Kit comes with Trumpets but no filtration system. I have fitted the K&N straight onto the throttle bodies. It has been suggested that I buy throttle bodies of a slightly smaller length and attach the filters to that. Not sure where I would buy these from or who makes them. I was impressed by Ray.R set up but would like some opinions on filters that may be availble or reliability of K&N type filters.
Any thoughts would be apreciated.

Beemer

I'm using the K&N part number RC-1290 filters, mounted directly on the throttle bodies.

When folks suggest using shorter "throttle bodies" (I assume you mean intake tubes), what reason are they giving?

I've tried mine both ways, with and without the custom intake tubes I had made up, and can't tell any difference. I'm just not willing to spend the $$$ on a dyno run to say difinitively one way or the other.

I guess I'm just another cheap bastard Guzzi owner. :)

G'day Ray R and Everyone,

Decided to leave as is, have done the same set up as you - RC1290 filters direct to throttle body.
Bike seems to be running very well although the right side still seems to run quite hotter than the left. I am still confused on this.

Beemer

Hi,
We also have the know-how here in the far north. ;)
I use Piper Cross C1151 filter with V11 trumpets and certainly it is also suitable for Stage 1 trumpets: http://www.pipercross.net/competition/p ... _socks.asp

Installed in place:
IMG_3368.JPG

Pipercross C 1151 dual trumpet sock. Locking the filter with big rubber seals on both sides of the filter

IMG_3367.JPG

Pipercross, Rapid bike and collector box

Jukka

Ps. We have still nearly one meter of snow :(

Thanks Jukka,

That's a neat set up. AS for sonw, we here in Sunny Melbourne are having some tropical weather. Mid 30's yesterday and today thundery and humid.

Beemer

Hi Fot just read your post on the Pipercross filter and i noticed you had a Rapid Bike module in the photo, just wondering which one it is n how the bike is running etc etc, thanks for any info. Cheers

Hi,

Rapid Bike 2: https://www.guzzitech.com/store/RB-Store.html and http://web.dimsport.com/rapidbike/find_ ... idbike.php.

I think my 1200 Sport works just fine without any mechanical changes to the engine. In particular, the engine is well balanced at the factory, which is surprising compared to my previous Guzzi motorcycles.
This bike is ideal for normal road driving (3000) 4000 - 7000 rpm Fuel consumption is even less than 5 l/100 km. Nearly 500 kilometers of just one tank!
Rabid Bike, V11 trumpets, Pipercross and Mistral (+stepper motor filter and collector box) - then engine is better than the both 2- and 4-valve standard engine.

Dyno:
IMG_3345.JPG

As you can see more than 7200 rpm the engine begins to "die".
But even 120 horsepower for this 2-valve Guzzi is possible, almost as high torque, but the engine must do a lot of changes...

Other dyno results: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.p ... topic=8556

Jukka

Back