• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1984 v65c jetting for pod filters

Guzzi_fan1976

Just got it firing!
Does anyone have any recommendations for a starting point for jetting the phbh carbs with emgo pods? I will be running non restrictive mufflers with original head pipes. The stock main is 105, the pilot is a 40. Also does anybody know if any other jets cross reference with delorto jets? Keihin main jets have the same 5mm threads with slot heads as my cx 500? I got the bike started, but it does not run well, with all the baselines set, I want to focus on the carbs.

You can get DelOrto jets and needles from these guys. http://www.herdan.com/ and they are in PA. The 105 jet seems a bit small for an open system. You nay want to go up a couple sizes there. Maybe a size up on the pilot. Most of the tuning will probably need to be done with Needle and Atomizer sizing.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a starting point for jetting the phbh carbs with emgo pods? I will be running non restrictive mufflers with original head pipes. The stock main is 105, the pilot is a 40. Also does anybody know if any other jets cross reference with delorto jets? Keihin main jets have the same 5mm threads with slot heads as my cx 500? I got the bike started, but it does not run well, with all the baselines set, I want to focus on the carbs.

Hi. It is easy to change the filters and mufflers, but then, starts the tuning work, and it can be very difficult to achieve, without datas fro the type. I would try 10 more points on the main, and on the pilot, but just as a start . get a long strait road without police cars in sight, bring the tool box and sandwitches, a couple of friends, and make runs , with plug checks. try to get a set of jets, and normallty, you can get something with patience. you can also contact a good shop known for tuning 4strokes, and asking correct prices, and bring the bike. interseting job , anyway. bye. HG;

I was thinking of trying a 118 main and a 45 pilot to start. Has anyone tried a vm30 mikuni on a small block? Jets are readily available and are much less expensive. I ran 2 vm 34 mikunis on my yamaha xs 650, and they were so easy to tune.

I just went through modding my V50-III jets and swear by Colortune. Sure it's a little Steam-Punk but it worked so well I bought another size for my son's Aprilia Scooter to use.

Back