• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2008 Breva 1200 Sport Headlight wiring

dragonknee

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I have a problem with the wiring on my 1200 and seem not to be able to find a wiring diagram for it. It seems the 2007 Breva and the 2009 Sport can be found but not the 2008. My question is that the wiring is sort of buggered from a previous owner. I would love to see the back of the headlight with the black box off so I could compare in order to fix the mess. Under the tank is a 2 prong plug with brown/blue-teal on one side and another plug with black/blue plugged into it... cut on the black/blue side 12 inches from the plug. Any ideas what the plug was for? This whole mess was started from a back off brakelight interupter flasher and now I'm just sorting it out as best I can. Thanks.

158698389 477199430320700 3111223403509911680 n 158635458 161843645754517 4968536103294942821 n 159935580 3807669235977684 1761221204467777321 n 158447893 775354263379624 6219130548953484028 n 158960468 2024191404387871 6185970102063794461 n

I have a problem with the wiring on my 1200 and seem not to be able to find a wiring diagram for it. It seems the 2007 Breva and the 2009 Sport can be found but not the 2008.
Wiring diagram should be the same for the "non-ABS" Norge or Breva 1100. Both should be available on the DOWNLOADS tab for you as a site donor.

Thanks, Its a good start to fixing it. I live out in Washington state and since Motointernational is closed... I have been working with Hamlins Cycles in CT.... Jim Hamlin help me sort some of it over the phone....I will look that wiring diagram up for reference. Thanks

dragonknee. You have burnt cables in your head light cabling. I know you have fixed it now and pleased for you.
It is over current. The blue neutral wire insulation melting, is due to one or both of high or low beam over current. High and low high beam wires show damage.
So.....Your previous owner put in high wattage bulbs. These have a low resistance and increase the current.
That means a lot of heat.

I dont think this is related to the rear light flasher problem. The headlights are there own problem. The rear has three wires. A constant 12V the constant riding real light(my UK version), a switched 12V( the brake light) and an earth (blue).

But, the continuous 12V live to the rear light also goes to the front low beam light. I cant see high current damage in the rear light wiring.

The Breva 1100 (my diagram) has different colours for the head lights. I have white and yellow. You have white and black.

It might be a good time to search for the Sport 1200 wirring diagram.

Last edited:
dragonknee. You have burnt cables in your head light cabling. I know you have fixed it now and pleased for you.
It is over current. The blue neutral wire insulation melting, is due to one or both of high or low beam over current. High and low high beam wires show damage.
So.....Your previous owner put in high wattage bulbs. These have a low resistance and increase the current.
That means a lot of heat.

I dont think this is related to the rear light flasher problem. The headlights are there own problem. The rear has three wires. A constant 12V the constant riding real light(my UK version), a switched 12V( the brake light) and an earth (blue).

But, the continuous 12V live to the rear light also goes to the front low beam light. I cant see high current damage in the rear light wiring.

The Breva 1100 (my diagram) has different colours for the head lights. I have white and yellow. You have white and black.

It might be a good time to search for the Sport 1200 wirring diagram.
I will double check the current bulb and make sure its stock. I'm hoping to find the diagram soon that will work. The previous owner said that the head light flashed and it was a problem. I'm going to fix the wires and make sure that they are correct. Thanks for the thoughts

I would love to just buy another headlight harness but will fix mine if need be....Anyone have one.

That would be cool, I wonder how much it would cost to get it up to the US? Mine is fixable but yours looks clean and not butchered. Thanks

Without a doubt a really cool thing to do... He gave me the part and I just paid shipping. I sent a little extra for sure and hopefully the Kevin will buy himself a 6 pack of his favorite brew and enjoy.

Here is a shot of my connector, low beam not working so pulled head light and found the crimp had not been crimped correctly from factory overheated and melted the plastic. Lasted 11 years, fixed using a single insulated crimp.
Anyone know the part number for the loom ?

Attachments

• IMG_7790.JPG
    IMG_7790.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 12
I’m virtually positive that it had been crimped correctly as those are all die-struck crimps. They are not done by hand.

More likely is that someone pulled on the wire instead of the connector when they replaced the bulb and then put in a higher wattage bulb than recommended.

This is almost invariably the cause of melting like that.

The wiring loom part numbers are on the parts list pdf in the DOWNLOADS section, which is available to contributing members.

I have a 2008 1200 Sport and I just checked and it’s listed. Tabs 40, 40A, and 41

Last edited:
Back