• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2023 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition

I agree
I do not like the tear drop tank on my Cali 3 either...
Looks like somebody threw a red towel over the frame

I like the bold new graphics of my 2023 V7 Stone Special 👍 and the bike runs great, so much better than the 2020 V85TT that I sold last year. The weather has been on and off, just 417 miles so far, one more ride and I'll change the oil and filter, then valve check by 900. The Arrow exhaust looks good to me -- hey, I even liked the stock can on my Griso 1100.

The shocks don't seem to have much in the way of damping, so I'll be writing to Todd soon about suspension upgrades.

2023 03 22 Old Manse Selfie 2023 03 27 b 2023 03 27 c

The Munsters and the Adam's Family didn't mind you using their homes as backdrops?
lol

1) The Old Manse in Concord MA (Emerson, Hawthorne, Thoreau ... that crowd)
2) Public Library, Princeton MA
3) Town Hall, Princeton MA

To each his own, I guess. I bought my Special Edition because of the look. I like the red shock springs and the bar end mirrors not only look good but work really well too. Single brake disk? Double disks have been pretty standard for a while but years ago lots of single disks and very heavy 4 wheeled vehicles stop fine with one disk per wheel. It’s not a fast bike and it stops fine so I am OK with it. I don’t like tubed tires or flat paint so if this model didn’t exits, I probably wouldn’t have a V7.

It’s a bit curious. The cheapest thing to do would have been to drop the motor in. It cost money and engineering resources to retune it and design and build a different crank (if what I read abiut it having a different crankshaft is true). Either marketing is protecting the higher performance models or engineers or testers didn’t like the way the bike rode with the V85 engine.

Either marketing is protecting the higher performance models or engineers or testers didn’t like the way the bike rode with the V85 engine.
Read up here, it’s all well talked about. You’ll see the engine is largely the same. It’s mainly the large throttle body/ECU that’s the difference.

Read up here, it’s all well talked about. You’ll see the engine is largely the same. It’s mainly the large throttle body/ECU that’s the difference.
One of the magazine articles said it had a pressed up crank and that was why the redline was lower. That’s a design expense.

I understand a larger throttle body would deliver more power. It also lowers intake air velocity which can have other effects. They apparently intentionally designed a different (weaker) crankshaft to go with the lower power. Perhaps to save production cost. You’d have to ask the engineers. I don’t know why MG put a lower powered version on the V7. I can only guess. Do we have a Guzzi factory representative on record saying why?

A short resume. Spent a career working as an engineer in high tech automated manufacturing... (Edited: the rest moved to my Resume thread linked above - GTM).

I understand a larger throttle body would deliver more power. It also lowers intake air velocity which can have other effects. They apparently intentionally designed a different (weaker) crankshaft to go with the lower power. Perhaps to save production cost. Do we have a Guzzi factory representative on record saying why?
Indeed, and not a perhaps, count on it. It is a lower price-point vehicle compared to the V85TT. Everyone says use the V85TT motor and raise the price, but that's laymen logic. Clearly they have their reasons. We do not, and will likely never, have a Rep saying anything on record. ;)
A short resume. Spent a career working as an engineer in high tech automated manufacturing. Mainly equipment related.
Thanks. I always look forward to learning from those more knowledgeable in their fields. We have many show up here and voice opinions over fact, and then get mad when I call them out on it. I just prefer to live in real world factual data, and I work tirelessly here to try and keep it that way. Look forward to more of your posts.

Bar end mirrors work well, especially with passenger. The only aestetics issue with V7II was appearance of handlebar mirror mounts.
Could have done without red springs, but I am not going to disassemble to paint!
Excellent torque (not as much as my 2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport or 2014 Honda CB1100), but at 55 MPH+ no need to downshift for brisk acceleration. Yesterday's ride of 108 miles was ~54 MPG.

Compared to previous V7II, in addition to larger motor & exhausts:
Stronger swingarm/driveshaft
Longer and more comfortable rear springs
Three position headlight switch (DRL, lo, hi)
Much more passenger comfort (seat and pegs)

MG is one of the few brands with a flash to pass switch and ambient temp indication, plus a 5.5 gallon fuel tank. At age 76, this is likely my last bike.
11 with Dart Marlin  Apache 1800 cases

6 Dart  saddle 16 Mar 2017

Spent a career working as an engineer in high tech automated manufacturing...
Interesting that we both selected the Special Edition.
I started in industrial automation (robotics and dedicated systems) in 1985 at age 38, after operating a power station (Sylmar Converter Station), managed an industrial electric motor rewind shop, electrician, managed a tire shop, sales rep for power transmission equipment. Retired at age 70, 6 years ago, after 20 years as sales manager with last company.

Other than not concerned about traction control, there is not much I'd change on the V7-850.

Just bought my first Guzzi and it`s "Special Edition". It was hard to choose between regular stone and SE because both had advantages but I could get the SE right away and Stone might have taken months to arrive so I decided to take the SE. Really love this bike. First bike that feels "ready from the factory". Arrows could be little louder, bar end mirrors are really good but aesthetically I like more traditional ones. What surprised me most is that stock engine fueling seems to be very good even on the low rpms. There is a strange cap in the power&torque between 3-4K RPM where bike clearly vibrates more but other than that it`s very good. Mine is still in "running in -mode" so hopefully it doesn`t bother after first service and unlocking the running in mode. Most of the bikes I have owned needed new exhaust and ECU flashing before they were "drivable".
Personally I don`t think the SE version brings anything special. I like more SE painting than Stone "matt paint". Arrows are better than stock (but not good). Has anyone modded those Arrow silencers ? There clearly is "db-killer" but it`s welded around (easy to remove with hole saw) and right before the mufflers there is catalytic converters which could pretty easily cutted off and replaced with straight pipes. Only problem is welding mounting points for the heat shields. I don`t know can catalytic converters be removed/punched off from the pipes.

I have previously owned many Ducatis ja couple Yamahas. The range in V7 is absolutely :inlove: My previous bikes have had range about 250-300km (150-180miles) so this 400km (250mile) range is game changing.

There is no “running in mode”. The flashing rev indicator is user programmable and only displays a warning. It does not affect the actual rev limit or the way the engine runs.

Back