Best online place to purchase Agip oil?

Discussion in 'CARC' started by seyser, Mar 19, 2013.

1. seyser

seyser Tuned and Synch'ed

I need to purchase some Agip oil for my Griso 8v and would like to know the best/cheapest place to order it from. Iv checked with a couple Guzzi dealers in my state and answers ranged from never hearing of that type to another telling me go to my local Wal-mart and buy some oil there :?
  2. john zibell

john zibell GT Godfather! Staff Member

Have you tried Google yet? Best source is a matter of opinion. Only your opinion counts when it is your money you are spending.
  3. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Tuned and Synch'ed

I got a tip on this ebay store from one of the Guzzi forums, maybe even this one. Anyway its MotorCARR on Ebay. Just do a search for Agip and they will come up. Ships to your door. It's still expensive (about $85 for 4 quarts shipping incl.)
  4. seyser

Thank you! I saw a few listings on ebay and will probably that direction but was just curious if there was a better place.
  5. ITSec

ITSec Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

A good alternative in my experience is the ELF/Total 10w60 - I've been able to buy it by the case (18 1-liter containers) for a good price from a supplier on eBay. With the miles I put on the Norge, I'm changing my oil four or five times a year...
  6. ARVENO

ARVENO Cruisin' Guzzisti

I am sorry but do Guzzis run with Agip oil only ? LOL !

Agip is a sh**y oil company owned in part by the Italian " State" ( government ) , it does not have anything special.... it's just oil .
    Do yourself a favor , save time and money.

Tell you what,in Italy NO ONE and i mean it , NO ONE buy Agip oil, no matter if they ride guzzi, ducati ,aprilia ...you name it.

Ciao
    Marco
  7. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

NAPA Auto Parts will sell you five liters of Liqui Moly - RaceTech 100% Synthetic - 10W60 for about $47. It's German, and a lot of the Bimmer guys swear by it. They don't stock it at my store, but can get it from the warehouse on 24 hours notice with no shipping charge.
  8. ett

ett Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

9. seyser

I appreciate all of the comments. I will probably stay with Agip brand since that is the only oil that has been in my Griso so far. It looks like ebay would be the cheapest place to purchase a case.
  10. Goodvibes

Goodvibes Cruisin' Guzzisti

A year ago I had an AGIP case delivered for $140. The seller was MotoCARR.com / Refined Performance.
  11. nikwax

nikwax Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

recent BMW cars run 10w-60 synthetic, so a BMW car dealer would be a likely local source for oil. Saves $$$ on shipping if nothing else.