• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1200 paddock stand

I 'm still not sure if the Becker-stand will suit a Breva, I 'll have to take a good look for the supportpoints.

Can the bike be supported under the sump? I have to change the front tyre soon. Since I don't have a center stand, all the weight will rest at the rear tyre and the sump-pan then... :?:

To get the front tyre off the Breva, I would suggest investing in one of those front wheel stands that you just roll the bike onto, so that it remains upright. Mine is a Ventura, but probably there are other brands also suitable. You could perhaps just get someone to just hold the front of the bike if you trust them.

Then using a small car jack under the rear shock absorber, raise the rear until the rear tyre is off the ground by 40-50 mm. With the rear raised up, slip a suitable piece of waterpipe through the hole in the frame about midway along the length of the bike. You will probably have to remove or shorten a couple of screws that intrude into the slot where the pipe will slide. A couple of tall axle stands one one each end of the pipe will make the whole setup very stable.

Move the jack under the sump, and raise the front, hopefully you will have raised the rear tyre sufficiently to now enable the front to clear the ground. Cumbersome, but effective.

kiwi dave said:
... slip a suitable piece of waterpipe through the hole in the frame about midway along the length of the bike...

If I ever find the time... Maybe this solution can be mixed with an XL beckerstand??? B)

apexal said:
I wrote an email to Becker through their web site asking about shipping costs to the USA. Their reply is below. Has anybody in the US been able to buy a Becker stand or am I sh*t out of luck?

Dear Al,
Thank you for you inquity.
Sorry, but we don´t sell our products to the USA (and Canada also) because we have no product insurance for these countrys.
Kind regards

Simon Becker
Becker-Technik, Speckenstr. 7, D-37434 Bodensee, Tel.: 05507-3127

I'd like to ask the question again: Has anybody in the US been able to buy a Becker stand for a Griso?

Bieze said:
I 'm still not sure if the Becker-stand will suit a Breva, I 'll have to take a good look for the supportpoints.

Can the bike be supported under the sump? I have to change the front tyre soon. Since I don't have a center stand, all the weight will rest at the rear tyre and the sump-pan then... :?:

When you pull the front wheel out the bike will then tilt onto the rear wheel. Put the front axle back in, and then place an axle stand under the axle.

apexal said:
apexal said:
I wrote an email to Becker through their web site asking about shipping costs to the USA. Their reply is below. Has anybody in the US been able to buy a Becker stand or am I sh*t out of luck?

Dear Al,
Thank you for you inquity.
Sorry, but we don´t sell our products to the USA (and Canada also) because we have no product insurance for these countrys.
Kind regards

Simon Becker
Becker-Technik, Speckenstr. 7, D-37434 Bodensee, Tel.: 05507-3127

I'd like to ask the question again: Has anybody in the US been able to buy a Becker stand for a Griso?

I just sent a request, and said I could wire the payment and insurance wasn't necessary. we'll see, I should have also said that they could use my Fedex account.... I would really like to get this stand.

Ok so the response was NO they are not insured to sell to the US... some export cost/certification that they aren't willing to do to sell to the US. I asked for another European distributor that might mail-order it.

http://www.sd-tec.de/catalog/product_in ... cee8dd85bc

was suggested. so I have ordered it tonight but haven't paid for it till they send me the final shipping cost. I will keep the forum informed how it goes.

Looks like $130 Euro's to buy and get it shipped aka $190 so expensive but I would rather have this than the Guzzi one.

Correction since there was no vat it was $98 Euro's or $144 US payment via paypal It took 1 day to get the invoice and shipping costs. I will update when the stand arrives

Stand Arrived well packaged.. and works great..sorry not to update this sooner but it arrived pretty quickly.

Hi Phang and others,

ha, ha, ha,... Of course I don't mind...
Please use it.
I made a bit of a drawing for those who like it...

all is in mm... I'm of Europe...
I made it of stainless steel

Regards
Ad

Hi Ad

I know this has been discussed some time ago but I wonder if it would be possible to buy of you a set of adapters and bushings for thee becker stand. I am based in the UK (for postage). I hope you are still into Grisos and will hear back from you.

Kind regards
Tom
1100 Griso 2006

Since you've had no replies, I will chime in with this contribution.

I wanted a centre-stand substitution for my 1200 Sport which I believe is almost identical to your Breva 1200.

At first I considered installing the stock centre stand, but then remembered it hangs up when getting ambitious in the corners. So I devised a paddock stand to lift on bobbins located at the pillion footrest location. The stand is an expansion of a standard rear stand with some extentions welded in to increase height, width and length. Front stand is as purchased.

SportonPaddockStands-2.jpg

Initially, I tried a pipe through the "hole in the frame" but the lifting point is too far forward, resulting in too much leverage required to raise the bike at this point. The bobbins at the pillion rest location was the only place I could find to lift that also allowed the rear wheel to be removed simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

Hey Dave looks like a great solution no worries on strength at all it a heavy lump what Bobbins you fir M8 M10 , Oh one thing more did you diid you just drill hole in centre or off to top bottom if you know what i mean did you disect hole that drilled that mounts it or didnt go that far in , anybody else done this mod ? Any close up pics be really usefull Cheers from Bonnie Scotland

Hey Dave looks like a great solution no worries on strength at all it a heavy lump what Bobbins you fir M8 M10 , Oh one thing more did you diid you just drill hole in centre or off to top bottom if you know what i mean did you disect hole that drilled that mounts it or didnt go that far in , anybody else done this mod ? Any close up pics be really usefull Cheers from Bonnie Scotland

I used M8 bobbins, I think. The hole was drilled centre, right where there was maximum meat remaining around the hole. It's nowhere near the mounting hole, but on the underside of the pillion foot pegs (when they are in the down position). Obviously, to use the lift, the pillion foot pegs have to be in the up position.

I'll try and take a photo or two when I get a chance, but in the interim, here's a pix of my 1400 Cali sitting happily on a 12 mm mild steel rod.

Cali 1400 rear stand

I used M8 bobbins, I think. The hole was drilled centre, right where there was maximum meat remaining around the hole. It's nowhere near the mounting hole, but on the underside of the pillion foot pegs (when they are in the down position). Obviously, to use the lift, the pillion foot pegs have to be in the up position.

I'll try and take a photo or two when I get a chance, but in the interim, here's a pix of my 1400 Cali sitting happily on a 12 mm mild steel rod.

View attachment 11764

Hey Thanks man yeah got the general idea definetly gonna give it a go got spare stand to modify and bobbins ordered , yeah prob didnt explain it well enough just thinking about depth of threaded hole as it might disect the hole for mounting the pegs at at 90 degree angle but if youve had no issues good enough for me, pics would be great if you get a chance

Cheers Buddy

Here's a close up shot as requested.

1200 Sport Rear Stand Bobbin

Yes, the tapped hole for the bobbin extends into the hole for the mounting pin, but the stud on the bobbin is not long enough to cause any interference. It just made it easier to tap in a thread.

Back