• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cali Vintage seat on EV - What hardware required

howlindawg

Just got it firing!
I've been pondering changing the stock seat from my EV to the single piece style from the vintage.

Will the seat from a vintage fit, and if so what additional parts would need to be changed?
I'm assuming I'll have to relocate the P8 to make space.

I haven't been able to find and exploded parts diagram from a vintage that might help me pinpoint how the vintage seat attaches and haven't been able to get my hands on a vintage to have a first hand look so if anyone has pics or can link to a diagram that would be a great help.

Since you have the P8, the Cal Vintage seat will not fit. You may want to try the custom seat from Corbin for the 98 EV instead. I had one on my 1998 EV and it worked great.

Thanks for the reply John.

I was assumming that I'd have to reposition the P8 to fit the vintage style seat.
I think it should be possible to reposition the P8 in the battery compartment alongside an Odyssey battery with some minor metalwork.

A Corbin would do very nicely indeed.
I had one on my Triumph Sprint ST and loved it.

Last edited:
The rear sections of the bikes are different. The vintage also has a post that the seat attaches to (spring catch) at the rear. Also the seat profiles around the fender are different. Just go with the Corbin. It is a much better seat than either stock seat.

Ah, if the rear guard is a different profile then that would make it a tad more difficult.

It was the Corbin vintage seat that I was hoping to be able to fit but there's no point if I'd have to swap all the rear ironwork for vintage parts to make it work.

mgcv7dte_10t-800x544.jpg

Maybe Corbin can manage something cosmetically similar on their EV base.

I'm looking at buying a 98 ev11 and I really don't like the way the big computer seat looks. I want to streamline the back end of the bike. Smaller rack. Smaller pillion. Smaller tail lamp assembly. Dunno what to look for. I'm guzzi new lol. Help lol

I'm looking at buying a 98 ev11 and I really don't like the way the big computer seat looks. I want to streamline the back end of the bike. Smaller rack. Smaller pillion. Smaller tail lamp assembly. Dunno what to look for. I'm guzzi new lol. Help lol

If you do that you may have a 25 mile seat. After 25 miles, time to get off.

What about the Ned's seat? I only rode the bike shortly but I feel like I want something flatter/taller/more dish or ??? Lol. Sitting at a light was glorious! I'm a solo rider and I want to deep 6 the pillion backrest. Dunno if that's possible

If you do that you may have a 25 mile seat. After 25 miles, time to get off.

Strangely, I went the other way from a 1996 California injected to a 2003 EV Touring. The latter's seat was unbearably uncomfortable compared to the dual seat the wife and I were used to. I purchased the dual seats with the intention of retrofitting them to the EV, but it became too hard and I got my EV seat remodeled instead.

I'm thinking redo this ev11 seat and "flatten" the pillion down to "level". No ones going to ride there. And take off the backrest maybe

Strangely, I went the other way from a 1996 California injected to a 2003 EV Touring. The latter's seat was unbearably uncomfortable compared to the dual seat the wife and I were used to. I purchased the dual seats with the intention of retrofitting them to the EV, but it became too hard and I got my EV seat remodeled instead.

Yes the stock 2003 seat is terrible in my opinion. I picked up the factory touring seat for mine. It was a big difference.

i talked with jim at Ned's seats and he was super nice. Seat is going there if I get this Italian stallion!

Back