• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

CANCELLED - GuzziTech Meet Up? Barber Motorsports Circuit & Museum, Alabama, 20th & 21st May.

Chris Jessop

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
My wife, Jane and I will be making a rare visit to the USA in May. We will be at the Barber Motorsports Circuit and Museum on Saturday/Sunday, 20th/21st May. It would be great to meet up with any GuzziTech members while we are there.

We have booked 3 nights’ accommodation, 19th, 20th, 21st May, at the Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds, 310 Rex Lake Road, Leeds, AL 35094.

Attachments

• MA23Barber-RGB-1.png
    MA23Barber-RGB-1.png
    273 KB · Views: 4
  • Hampton Inn.jpg
    Hampton Inn.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 4
I just live a couple hours away in Huntsville. Send me a PM and we may be able to get down there. Probably meet you at the Hampton.

Todd, we'll keep you updated. Attached poster will explain why we are visiting Barber.

Attachments

• 2023 EBR Alabama.pdf
    302.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2023 EBR Alabama.jpg
    2023 EBR Alabama.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 3
We sold my wife's one of one BMW to Barber's years ago. An importer tuned R1100R Legend. They didn't race this model as it got unstable on the high bank at Daytona. Number 4 in the picture.

IMG 51361

Might wander over to those races as I need to do some tractor field work at my place in Georgia that time. Put it on my calendar with your contact info. I have a V9 and a V50. Having trouble with the left hand and being able to clutch so as of today, they sit and I ride a Ryker with no clutch.

Time may get me back on the bikes but I can still ride over on three wheels if need be. Been to Barberville many times as it is just a day's ride from my place in Western Georgia.

Thanks for the responses. We've been checking out the Barber Museum website (a place we've always wanted to visit) and they list 28 Moto Guzzis on display. They also show 34 Buells in their collection. It looks as though they have the very early models that were rescued from East Troy, WI when Harley pulled the plug in October 2009.

The Britten looks fabulous, we could go on, there's so many machines to drool over. Cant wait to visit!

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1
Just don't mess around in the elevator. You could end up like the skeleton at the bottom???

The old National Motor Museum in England was darn good before the fire. The old one Barber Dairy had in Birmingham was good also. This new expansive complex at the track is spectacular.

Best I ever viewed was the defunct Augustesberg in the old Deutsch Democratic Republic. It was in a castle on a hill and contained bikes stolen by the Russians when they took over East Germany and other places in the old Soviet block. Went there before Ragan influenced the "Wall" to be torn down. Man what a place.

Enjoy Barberville. You will welcome the experience.

Confirmed today, the Buell/EBR event at Barber will take place on Saturday 20th. This means that Sunday 21st is free and would be ideal for the GuzziTech meet up.

We suggest a meet at Barber or somewhere fairly local to Birmingham as we won't have independent transport on this trip.

Announced yesterday by the organisers, NCCR Sweden, the Buell/EBR event at Barber on Saturday 20th May has been postponed. We don't know when the event will take place or if we can rearrange our flights for later in the year. We will contact our travel agent after the Easter holiday and post an update here in due course.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Long story short.....

As planned, we're still flying over to Alabama for the Moto America races and Barber Museum visit. For us, either Saturday or Sunday 20th/21st May are suitable for a GuzziTech meet up.

We've changed our accommodation to:

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
5000 Richard Arrington Boulevard North
Birmingham
AL 35212
United States
Phone +1 205 909 1999

I’m riding my V85 down for the race as well! If there is a GuzziTech meetup happening, I will 100% be there.

Back