• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

favourite fall/spring gloves

tobinh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
I need new gloves... want something water resistant, preferably soft 'armour' only, and some insulation, but only on the back side - not the palm. for comfort and so my heated grips work.

spring/fall here means rain and 5-15*C.

any thoughts? favourites?

Not brand specific but I switched many years ago, to lined deerskin gloves. I simply rub mink oil into them for water resistance and renew it 2-3 times a season; put a dab into the gloves while they are on my hands and rub them together all over.

I find they actually insulate better and are significantly thinner than cowhide gloves. The deerskin remains soft and pliable season after season.

IMG 3636

I use Held gloves and have always found them to be durable and comfortable. I ride with the Rodney II gloves during spring/summer/fall, but switch to my held rain gloves (Wave) if it gets too cold. They have some other good options with soft armor.

I use Richa leather gloves with Goretex and Thinsulate. When it gets down to about 8 to 10 centigrade then it's Gerbring leather heated gloves.

A little beside the point, but: for years I have worn an electric vest. This fall I sprung for the jacket with heated sleeves. I commonly ride in temps around +5C. Surprise! If your arms are warm, you do not loose so much heat pumping blood to your hands. The difference is quite profound.
Merino wool glove liners are available at good outdoor stores. They are thin, and seem to wear really well. A loose fitting glove seem to work well in cold weather.

A little beside the point, but: for years I have worn an electric vest. This fall I sprung for the jacket with heated sleeves. I commonly ride in temps around +5C. Surprise! If your arms are warm, you do not loose so much heat pumping blood to your hands. The difference is quite profound.
Merino wool glove liners are available at good outdoor stores. They are thin, and seem to wear really well. A loose fitting glove seem to work well in cold weather.

Oooo...who makes that kind of jacket please?

The company is called electrowear.ca. The brand is Black Jack. They make vests, jackets and pant liners. Believe it or not, they are 10 minutes from my home, in Errington, BC (not in China ;) ). I've had the vest for the better part of 15 years. I didn't check their web site before I started typing this, so hope this helps.

The company is called electrowear.ca. The brand is Black Jack. They make vests, jackets and pant liners. Believe it or not, they are 10 minutes from my home, in Errington, BC (not in China ;) ). I've had the vest for the better part of 15 years. I didn't check their web site before I started typing this, so hope this helps.
haha every motorcyclist in BC surely has something from Black Jack. I think I have three of their vests currently 😁🤔

I never thought to check out the rest of their lineup, will do... while I'm agonizing over my glove choice....

I have a Gerbing so called jacket liner. It is more like a long sleeved shirt. It makes riding comfortable in cool weather, I haven't used it in cold weather, we just haven't had much. It has been a warm winter I have used only 2 tons of pellets so far, by this time normally I would have used at least 3. I would like to find a pair of light gloves that have gauntlets on them. Light enough to get heat from the heated grips but with the gauntlets to keep the wind from going up my sleeves. I don't want to buy online because nothing ever fits. One brand's large will be tight another's loose.
kk

Back