• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Florida Guzzi dealer

How do they come up with a Town Name like that ???

"Accident is a town in Garrett County, Maryland, United States. The population was 338 at the 2020 United States census. Accident has been noted for its unusual place name. A person from Accident is called an "Accidental"."

Yes, how do they come up with town names like that?

🇨🇦 🇨🇦 🇨🇦
  • St. Louis du Ha! Ha! – Quebec
  • Sexsmith - Alberta
  • Wawa – Ontario
  • Stoner – British Columbia
  • Climax – Saskatchewan
  • Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump – Alberta
  • Forget – Saskatchewan
  • Come by Chance – Newfoundland
  • Vulcan - Alberta
  • Blow me Down - Newfoundland
  • Nameless Cove - Newfoundland
  • Spread Eagle - Newfoundland
  • Dildo - Newfoundland
  • Goobies - Newfoundland
  • Otterville - Ontario
  • Frogmore - Ontario
  • Dorking - Ontario
  • Bastard - Ontario
  • Punkydoodles - Ontario
  • Finger - Manitoba
😆😆😆

Larry M, are you aware Guzzi had two different sets of driver pegs/mounts for the V9? The other ones might suit you better.
You might be on to something.

I found but lost the link to a set of controls for the V9 that mount more forward than the ones have. Think they were something like $450 for both sides ( I hope). Copied a rough picture of a 2022 and you can see the peg is forward of the transmission with the brake 1/2 way below the cylinder. Then on mine you can clearly see my pegs are back along the transmission with the brake control just behind the cylinder. Mine oar kind of like rear sets. I want a set of the foreword ones.

Now, where to source them and will they retrofit?

18 07 2016 Moto Guzzi Roamer Bobber Review 03 small IMG 5053

Have you seen the website cycle-ergo.com? It gives you all the angles of knees, hips, forward lean etc. for most models of bike.You can input your height and inseam. You can modify peg height, add bar risers etc. to see how it effects the riding position.
I put bar risers on my Norge and changed to aftermarket Honda Goldwing pegs. My comfort level is excellent now. Corbin seat helped a lot too.
My stock pegs look like yours with the thick rubber. The Goldwing pegs are much thinner with less rubber. I think I gained 1 1/4 inches which really helped my aging knees.

Have you seen the website cycle-ergo.com? It gives you all the angles of knees, hips, forward lean etc. for most models of bike.You can input your height and inseam. You can modify peg height, add bar risers etc. to see how it effects the riding position.
I put bar risers on my Norge and changed to aftermarket Honda Goldwing pegs. My comfort level is excellent now. Corbin seat helped a lot too.
My stock pegs look like yours with the thick rubber. The Goldwing pegs are much thinner with less rubber. I think I gained 1 1/4 inches which really helped my aging knees.
That is real interesting. THANKS!

They do not have my 2017 V9 Roamer on there. There is a 2016 V9 Bobber. I looked at that brake position and knee position for a 6" 32' inseam person like me. Then compared it to a V50 as I have and ride a V50. That showed the V50 with a lower leg position and erect body. My V50 is way more cramped than the V9.

I have always struggled to crouch forward and get my legs up on the V50. Love that little bike and it is both fast ( over 100 mph top speed) and handles with a thought. Not much of riding position issue in the 1980's to say 2010. Now it is rough but still fun for very short jaunts.

The comparison, V9 - V50, in that cycle-ergo.com site does not make sense to me unless they are using a teeny seat on the Bobber as it shows to be more cramped than the V50. Still hints at maybe a more forward control on the Bobber they used. Gonna see the local dealer to figure out if there are different foot peg mounting brackets or positions. There just may be.

From AF1 Racing in Texas I found and ordered a set of Crosstrax 1" lower footpegs. Very curious if that is at least some help with my leg position.

Guzzi's kit is part # 2B0042735 - you can find them online and on eBay for $109 total; ebay.com/itm/185473833054

Guzzi's kit is part # 2B0042735 - you can find them online and on eBay for $109 total; ebay.com/itm/185473833054
Appreciate the response. That is a different # than the one I was looking at. That one was called a "forward footage" kit. then I found out that it raised instead of lowered the footpeg mounts.

This one is listed as a rearset footage mount. Might be the same but rears to me it would be something mounted farther back and higher. I need lower and preferably more forward.

Did order those lower footpegs from AF1 Racing. With shipping they were about $159 or so. Hoping they lower the pegs to allow my legs easier lifting to them and a bit more "leg room" while on the seat.

Will soon see.

Sorry, thread hijack :
- look what I “Found“ for 53$ !!!

it’s that place all the lost nuts and bolts go…

Attachments

• B98EA21E-E855-4F18-AADD-C5C62BF76E9C.jpeg
    B98EA21E-E855-4F18-AADD-C5C62BF76E9C.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 12
Back on topic—I hope the foot peg relocation kit works out. Please post before and after photos so we can see the difference.

Think they will be here tomorrow. Will take pictures before and after.

Supposed to be an issue braking and maybe shifting as those controls will now be higher than the relationship with the old footpegs. Going to take some operation to see if that is a concern.

Back