• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Givi S310 Lights - issues encountered

Alex Blanc

Just got it firing!
Has anyone been able to install and successfully use Givi S310 lights on their bike (V9 or otherwise)?

I installed Givi S310 (2x55W) lights on my MotoGuzzi V9. I turn it on as the bike is running and the battery is charging, reading about 14.4V. As soon as I turn on these lights though (the bike is still running), the battery voltage starts gradually dropping, eventually going all the way down to below 12V. Once I turn off the engine, it would not start again as the battery is depleted.

I even disconnected one of the two lights (presumably cutting the power consumption by half?) but still have the same issue, although to a lower degree.

This has been puzzling me for a few weeks now - hoping someone has an idea... Thanks!!

These two lights are drawing 110 watts. If only at idle, I can see them draining the battery. What is the wattage output of your V9 charging system? Calculate all the lights on wattage. If you are near capacity then these lights are not for you. See if you can find LEDs that use much less wattage.

Thanks John, that makes sense. Admittedly, I don't know how to determine the wattage output of the charging system and the collective wattage of everything that's already connected. I was hoping someone else had these lights and what their experience has been.

it's about 268 and barely runs the stock lights. Mine with a LED head and tail light drops from 14.5 at 4000RPM to 13.5 with just heated grips at 50% turn on the gerbing jacket with a heat troller to 50% and it's 12.5. just take them off and save for your next bike.

it's about 268 and barley runs the stock lights. Mine with a LED head and tail light drops from 14.5 at 4000RPM to 13.5 with just heated grips at 50% turn on the gerbing jacket with a heat troller to 50% and it's 12.5. just take them off and save for your next bike.
Extremely helpful, thank you! I wasn't sure if 'something is wrong' with my battery / alternator /etc. or these lights are just 'not meant to be'. For better or worse, sounds like it is the latter......

Yes it probably is the latter. Each lamp uses a compact 55W H3 halogen bulb. Finding a reliable, compact (eg, without a fan or large heatsink) H3 LED replacement that fits within what appears to be a small housing may be problematic.

The V9 probably uses the same alternator as the V7 III which as Vagrant said is 268W.

Fitting an H4 LED headlight bulb increases brightness and reduces power but there isn't much room in the headlight shell so do your research. RY10W LED turn signal bulbs provide necessary brightness but most don't fit in the MG housings. 1157 LED brake/tail light bulb provides useful brightness with reduced power -- make sure you get red for maximum performance although your license plate will look pink but LAPD won't bust you for that (neither will CHP as they have other concerns these days).

Returning to your original question, you were also observing battery drawdown with just one 55W lamp in operation. This is worrisome as the alternator should have sufficient reserve for one lamp. This may need further investigation. Vagrant has BTDT.

Yes it probably is the latter. Each lamp uses a compact 55W H3 halogen bulb. Finding a reliable, compact (eg, without a fan or large heatsink) H3 LED replacement that fits within what appears to be a small housing may be problematic.

The V9 probably uses the same alternator as the V7 III which as Vagrant said is 268W.

Fitting an H4 LED headlight bulb increases brightness and reduces power but there isn't much room in the headlight shell so do your research. RY10W LED turn signal bulbs provide necessary brightness but most don't fit in the MG housings. 1157 LED brake/tail light bulb provides useful brightness with reduced power -- make sure you get red for maximum performance although your license plate will look pink but LAPD won't bust you for that (neither will CHP as they have other concerns these days).

Returning to your original question, you were also observing battery drawdown with just one 55W lamp in operation. This is worrisome as the alternator should have sufficient reserve for one lamp. This may need further investigation. Vagrant has BTDT.

Thank you Bert! I just got a few different versions of LEDs on Amazon. They are all in the 'may be' category in terms of potentially fitting in as you are pointing out but hoping at least one will fit. I am also planning to take the bike to the dealer to check it out - to your point, I was definitely expecting things to work just fine once I took down one of two lamps... but they did not.

Back