• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Fuel Kit - E5 V85TT Performance Mods & Dyno graphs and PC6 info

Can you post a picture of how you did this connection?
Sure. I'm on a trip now, but will be back next weekend, and I'll remove the battery and post a photo. Did you get the connectors I linked? If so, the switched wire is the black one on the connector when it's plugged in.

Sure. I'm on a trip now, but will be back next weekend, and I'll remove the battery and post a photo. Did you get the connectors I linked? If so, the switched wire is the black one on the connector when it's plugged in.
I did, I would have thought it would have been the red wire.

The USB power connector resides loose so may have dropped down a bit, I didn't see it at first. Just fore of rs of battery. I removed the male part plugged in. Then substituted the male part of the connector that Francis recommended. The two USB wire colors were green and light blue/orange. I figured latter was the hot one and verified by multimeter. The male connector I plugged in comes with 3 inch wires, I connected the at300 power leads to these wires using the two supplied posi taps.
***Edit***
I measure 45 ohms between USB ground and battery -ve terminal so using the supplied ring lug I am grounding it there as they recommend. Not all grounds are equal.
These leads come with a 5mm exposed copper section so they insert nicely. Strip the power source male connector leads long enough to be proud of the little screw top (as pictured on package) when you do the other side. Am a beginner mechanic but have completed Todd's entire fueling system and mods, valve adjustment and the three oil changes. Bike starts, only need to set throttle position on dyno app today. The help of Francis and the forum was invaluable for me, much appreciated!. Bike is a 2021 E5 Centenario.
New exhaust weighs a lot less and looks way better!

Attachments

• 20230520_124704.jpg
    20230520_124704.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
It's done. Bit of help from Todd, with PC6 it's necessary to use the Power Core software to calibrate TPS.
To me it's night and day. Response and acceleration in all gears is just great. Highway overtakes are a lot snappier.
The whole riding experience feels different. The engine vibe is silky, you continously sense the tuning is in a zone of perfection. Sounds amazing. Reduced exhaust weight (+lithium battery) makes the handling a touch more nimble.
I have the sense it runs cooler. After 1.5 hour ride I put my hand on the cylinder 5 minutes after getting home and it just felt warm.
Was very satisfying to complete the work myself, it adds to the connection. A properly sorted out V85 is the ultimate for me, other brands seem boring now!

It's done. Bit of help from Todd, with PC6 it's necessary to use the Power Core software to calibrate TPS.
To me it's night and day. Response and acceleration in all gears is just great. Highway overtakes are a lot snappier.
The whole riding experience feels different. The engine vibe is silky, you continously sense the tuning is in a zone of perfection. Sounds amazing. Reduced exhaust weight (+lithium battery) makes the handling a touch more nimble.
I have the sense it runs cooler. After 1.5 hour ride I put my hand on the cylinder 5 minutes after getting home and it just felt warm.
Was very satisfying to complete the work myself, it adds to the connection. A properly sorted out V85 is the ultimate for me, other brands seem boring now!
Let’s see a pic!

For now I have left off the left side pannier bracket. I wanted a clear view of that lovely brushed stainless steel muffler.
The screen is a Givi Airflow, for me it's perfect. The passenger backrest is from Isotta.

20230523 100548 20230523 100227

From a good friend of the shop and long time customer, on his Guardia d'Onore post full GTM kit install…

Feels like a new engine to be honest. Exhaust sounds great. Almost sport bike responsiveness on the throttle. Lots of torque in the mid range. Overtaking at 50-60mph plus very easy now. My right hand would get sore from the vibration from the throttle before. Don’t get that anymore either. Which is an added bonus as it was beginning to be a concern. Also less vibration coming up the seat.
So yes. The difference is astonishing. Very happy. Cheers, Bryan.

Veery nice;) I unfortunately only have the upmap map with arrow headers, can't wait for the day when Todd's upmap maps can be bought😍 or suppose even better get a PC6 of him

Let’s talk about magic, discipline, and things that make cows run.

Recently, I installed two items on my v85 that must only work because of magic and sorcery unknown to most men. Items that completely transformed this bike from something cool but frustrating, into something worth owning and loving. The first item is the GTM full exhaust system and all the items you must get with it. The SAS delete, doing the EVAP delete, UPmap, and PC6 with auto tune.
This mystical arrangement of items makes this motor an absolute joy to blast around the back lanes. Smoother, faster, cooler running…mean as hell sounding. When you ride past a farm the cows don’t come and see you in interest, they run away in fear from the beautiful snarl this exhaust makes. It’s not too loud, but not at all quiet…it’s in that golden zone.
Todd claims you will get better fuel mileage, but you won’t. Now, I’m not calling Todd a liar, what I am saying is you will lack the discipline to actually see those extra MPGs. There is no way if you have a heart beat that you can stop yourself from riding like a total boob head. It’s awesome. So just go buy all the stuff, plain and simple.
Magic item number two are these stupid wind deflectors from Motoboxer in France. They eliminated all the weird air coming into the cockpit and made it possible for me to run my taller screen I got for colder weather. That wasn’t possible before, now it is. Honestly, Todd you need to make your own version of these things and save us all the crazy cost of shipping. Guzzi should have caught this problem in testing, but they didn’t so maybe Todd can be our hero again.
So that’s my short take on the GTM exhaust setup and Motoboxer thingys. Just shut up and buy the exhaust, your wife will be pissed, but you won’t hear her yelling at you, so it’s perfect. D2E32161 89D0 4BD6 BC9D BC3877FEC136 CB479C66 8626 45EB 9257 C4369296ADB0

Last edited:
Doing the install now as the weather is warm enough to work longer than a few hours.

Question regarding the connector "intercept" for the fuel injectors and throttle body. The male FI intercept from the PC6 mates with the female removed from the injector and PC6 female mates with the fuel injector? Same for the throttle body? The PC6 wiring harness in effect is clipped "in the middle" or "between" the stock male and female plugs correct?

With regard to the stock muffler on the GTM headers and y pipe, it is as far on as possible and some rub with the rear foot hanger and sidestand. The muffler hanger also does not line up with the eye on the muffler, the muffler is about 1.6" or so back.

Does this indicate the Y pipe needs to slip up further on the headers? I measured the front of the y pipe where it slips onto the headers and that distance is 5" to the weld on the headers on both sides. What is everyone else's measure to?

Thanks.

With regard to the stock muffler on the GTM headers and y pipe, it is as far on as possible and some rub with the rear foot hanger and sidestand. The muffler hanger also does not line up with the eye on the muffler, the muffler is about 1.6" or so back.
No. Pay close attention to side to side distances of the headers. Often people install them uneven side to side, and it causes the Y-pipe to rotate. Simple instruction is always loosely assemble all, inspect, rotate and move all to allow clearance and that it all looks correct. Then tighten. The headers should be true vertical looking from the front. The Y can be rotated on the headers to give proper muffler positioning. Yes you can push the Y further forward as needed. This is all by design.

Todd or anyone have the intel on approx db difference between Todd’s shorty and full length exhaust?
I’m in the “make it sound sweet but not loud” camp, and like the shorty but fear it’s probably louder?
I see they’re both back ordered, so gotta decide then get on back order list…

approx db difference between the shorty and full length exhaust?
Both are full length mufflers, starting at the cone off of the Y-pipe. I have video on the shorty on IG I'll try to find and link (there's likely one here on the Forum already). The short is very decent at lower RPMs, louder as the RPMs build. Long is closer to most aftermarket with a db-killer. Long version sound is on the video in the first post here.

love the sound from the videos, and the description helps, but would you say the shorty is noticeably louder than the long. or maybe just at certain rpm ranges you noted?

Love the look of the shorty when it’s naked. But it’ll usually have the bags/cases on, so maybe the long is the way to go. Fun decisions…
I’ll noodle a bit more on that and get an order in👍

Back