• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello Stelvio! Good Bye V11 Sport!

RonStelvio

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just purchased a new 2009 Stelvio to replace my 2000 V11 Sport. So I thought I'd say hi and move to an 'official' forum member from a 'lurker'. :D

Welcome on board... :)

I don't post very often but when I do I find the replies friendly and helpful..

I've had more than my fair share of reasons to vent my fustration about my Stelvio but it's all in the past now and I'm looking forward to a good riding season. Off to france in about 10 weeks with my partner and my brother and his wife... bring it on...

windy

Welcome. Sorry about the loss of the V11. The first generation V11 is one of my favorite Guzzi's.
I hope it was sold and not a loss.

Thanks for the welcomes!

I traded the V11 in on the Stelvio. No problems witht the V11, just wanted a more 'standard' riding posture. Besides, the wife did not like riding on the back for more than 30 min. due to an old skiing accident.

I was able to put about 90 mi on the Stelvio today... So far I'm all smiles.

I'm working my way through the 43 pages of topics, but I'm sure I'll have my share of questions. :)

Welcome aboard! I just bought my Stelvio in January, and am waiting for winter to eventually end in Minnesota so that I can ride it. I've also got a 2001 Rosso Mandello, which I love, but the riding position was just getting too uncomfortable for any long distances. I'll see if I keep it when the weather improves - hate to see it go, but if I can't enjoy it, what's the point?

Welcome to the Forum and Famiglia Ron. As WCB states above, the '09s are good ones. I have a few spine frames in the garage now too, and the Stelvio is my go to every time now. Post often!

RonStelvio said:
I just purchased a new 2009 Stelvio to replace my 2000 V11 Sport. So I thought I'd say hi and move to an 'official' forum member from a 'lurker'. :D
Very interesting indeed. I just did the same thing last October. Sold my 01' Green V11 Sport after ten years of great riding. I did really like the V11 but my aging body just couldn't handle the riding position any longer. I picked up a new 2012 NTX to replace it. Needed something more comfortable but still a bit sporty. Must say that the Stelvio has filled my expectations. The Sport is now a very fond memory and the NTX keeps me from missing her. The friend who bought the Sport is having a great time with it so its a winner all round. :cool:

Back