• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How far do you ride ?

What kind of riding and distances do you commonly and occasionally do ?

• Local rides and commuting 10 - 45 miles/ 16 - 75 km

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km only

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring only

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • All of the above !

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • All of - Multi day touring & Long and Short Local rides and commuting

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

DeadEye

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Trying to understand what type / length of rides, riding “We” do ?
Personally I like longer day rides, and would like to try some multi day trips, but work gets in the way…

The other perverse angle is see whether a EV motorcycle could fit your riding style and range requirements, like If you use the bike for local rides and commuting ?

I could see having yet another bike just for Very local trips, but nothing can replace the smile I get on my face when the V7 burbles to life wearing Todd’s exhaust :D

Don

Lol,
i figured I got carried away with choices as it was , but there is always room for one more…
Ok, one More choice added !!
You can add more BUT not remove any ! Oh well…

EBike as One more bike, for you :D

Last edited:
My usual ride on my V7III is about 70 miles round trip. Once in a blue moon i might do a 200 mile day. Total mileage for the first full year on my Guzzi was 7500.

I'd like to test ride an electric bike but I doubt they'll be practical for quite some time with regard to easy and quick re-charging in the rural southwest.

All bikes should come with a 120v volt plug and have “Everything else” built in for Slow charging !
No carrying a charger around !
setting up 220/240 volt setup is simple if you have a Stove or Dryer like plug accessible…

I am constantly thinking about multi-day, multi-week rides but so far it has happened only once. I do manage to ride 4 to 5 days a week though. The problem is getting far enough from home to find some new roads for day riding. It's like playing a video game where each day that you play, you have to start on the first level.

Hell…I work on motorcycles everyday and I have a personal fleet of 8. However, getting to ride them, takes an act of God, or an invitation from Bill Hagan! 😆😆😆

Next year, I’m going riding every week. Period.

Last edited:
As of my first season I was zippin' around town nearly every day and 100-200kms trips on Sundays. Now that I got my full license and not bound to daylight anymore, I'll be doing longer trips. Since I got clip-ons I have to stop and stretch my back after a 2ish hour ride LOL

Heu Scott, what ever that it , won’t load for me ?

I reloaded it. Try opening again. It only opens for me if I click the expand screen logo in the top right corner of the video screen instead of the play button in the center of the screen. I don't know why.

Screen Shot 2022 11 21 at 31147 AM

It’s a short video my other half made which has a funny/not funny ending.

It is a brief video of my garage, which I am cleaning up to be able to park every vehicle inside it. My motorcycles are in it and 2 of my 4 dogs. My Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff), Roman is seen enjoying poking at the motorcycles longingly, (followed of course by Miss Mila, my Pibbie girl) until he makes his selection, raises his leg, and proceedes to pee on one of my front wheels!

It’s funny as hell and not funny, because Roman pees on my motorcycle! Bad Boy!!! 😆

I hope it works now. It’s pretty funny.

Last edited:
I don't normally have more than one vehicle insured, so if I'm riding the motorbike, I'm riding it every day...

I think my longest day this year was 800kms, first day of a multi day trip. a few 4-600 days as well, weekend trips. motorcycle camping is pretty well my favourite thing to do.

I bought my Cali(s) to start making longer trips, so far I made it to Panama City and back. Tried to make the run down to Daytona Bike Week but the rear tire blow out stopped that, then later got side lined with the accident but I am now planning on Daytona Bike week again this coming March. Now when I go up to Dragon country I like to trailer the bike being as rural as it is up there its nice to have a shop on wheels just in case and the fact I hate riding through Atlanta. Rest of my riding is mostly 40 mile runs down to Warm Springs.

Last edited:
All bikes should come with a 120v volt plug and have “Everything else” built in for Slow charging !
No carrying a charger around !
setting up 220/240 volt setup is simple if you have a Stove or Dryer like plug accessible…
Every electric vehicle I've seen has the charger built into it, that determines the maximum charge speed the vehicle is capable of.

The cord is the EVSE, Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment, and it is how the electricity gets from the plug to the vehicle.

The EVSE for the Zero I test rode was quite small and easy to pack. Of course most of the commercial chargers have the cord and plug as part of them and nothing else is necessary; although there are still 3 types of plug being used (Tesla, J1772, and Chademo) so an adapter may be necessary. My car uses the J1772 but I have an adapter for the Tesla chargers, Chademo is only used by the Nissan Leaf and is likely on its way out.

Of course most of the commercial chargers have the cord and plug as part of them and nothing else is necessary; although there are still 3 types of plug being used (Tesla, J1772, and Chademo) so an adapter may be necessary. My car uses the J1772 but I have an adapter for the Tesla chargers, Chademo is only used by the Nissan Leaf and is likely on its way out.
yes, yes, but what Im saying is that they should do away with the J1772 plug on Motocycles for Level1 charging , so you don’t have to cary anything extra to get a level 1 charge , just plug in !

DEFE6043 4AA4 4ABB B172 581E3F8D83A6
As you say the actual charging system / inverter is in the vehicle.

There is almost nothing in our GrizzlE lèvel 2 charger, switches to set the input amperage some circuitry that I am guessing provides signaling between it and the vehicle, and the wiring for the J1772 connector.

I think somebody else wrote about it here but I also think that EV’s will only be practical when you can simply switch out a battery pack because there is only 1 national standard that should be mandated.

That way, if you are crossing the continent in the USA, you could whip into a battery station, and simply buy a fully charged replaceable battery pack, pop it into the car, and off you go. Unfortunately until it doesn’t take 700 pounds of batteries, this would not be practical. However I am convinced that this is something they need to standardize for sure.

When it becomes as simple as a propane gas bbq tank exchange, then it will gain popularity.

Hell…I work on motorcycles everyday and I have a personal fleet of 8. However, getting to ride them, takes an act of God, or an invitation from Bill Hagan! 😆😆😆

Next year, I’m going riding every week. Period.

Yeah Scott, been there too! The old sayin' about the cobblers kids going barefoot is true! I went to work at a BMW, Guzzi, Laverda, Ducati, Munch dealership back in the 70's and thought that I had died an gone to Heaven, only to find out that when I finally got off work late on Saturday afternoon, I was tired and wanted to do anything besides mess with another motorcycle! It took a while to get there, but one day I woke up and said, "today, I am working on my bikes and no one else's"! I did a whole lot more riding after that!!

Back