• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking for handlebar risers for '15 Norge

There were one or two options a few years back. A simple spacer under the risers with longer bolts. More info here; motobits.com/guzzi.htm

Looks like these are still available helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-Tour-Performance™-handlebar-risers-for-Moto-Guzzi-Norge-{47}-Breva/485.html Expensive though. Will bring the bars up and back a little. It is a tight fit for the cables but it will work. You can't be faint of heart when installing them. I've put them on for a few folks, if you get them PM me for a little insight on installation.

I bought these parts (haven't installed yet) but it seems to be a viable, low cost option for a 3/4" rise. Here's the post from another forum:

The parts list (for 3/4" risers) UPDATED, please see the spacer spec for the change. Apologies to anyone that bought the wrong spacers.

From Fastenal, Graingers:

6 M8 1.25 x 60mm A2 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head bolts (or screws, depending on who you talk to.) Fastenal will sell the bolts in packs of 10, Graingers makes you buy them in the box of 50 I believe. From Fastenal they come to about $1.20 each.

DO NOT USE LOCTITE! Another warning. If you use Loctite or anything like that, you will be sorry.

Make sure to get 4 nylock flange nuts. They are used to secure the bolts going back in from the top.

From Orchard Supply:

6 3/8" 5/16" x 3/4" Chrome Spacers. They have an assortment of different heights. You do not have to use the type I described, you can get them in stainless steel too but these are available most places.

I got caught up in the metric thing but realized that a 5/16" holed spacer works perfectly and you don't need to create a sleeve using aluminum tape. My apologies.

This will give you a 3/4" rise and between a 1/4" and 1/2" backward adjustment. By varying the length of the bolts and the height of the spacers, you can go anywhere from 1/4" - 1" rise without changing any cable routing. If you deviate from the 3/4" rise I've described, make sure the bolt going up from the underside is sized accordingly. The reason is that the bolt going in from underneath doesn't have a through hole that is threaded, it is blind. You don't want a bolt longer than the threaded hole it is going into.

NOTE: Because this solution uses the same mounting system as the handlebars have from the factory, there really isn't a strength issue to worry about.

One comment on vibration. Since the handlebars are rubber mounted, you must insure that each bolt is torqued exactly the same. This applies with risers or without. If you torque one bolt more or less than the others, you will affect how the rubber mounts work.

DO NOT substitute other bolt types. You need A2-70 stainless steel. The black bolts in the pictures were used only for fitting purposes. I know people tend to use what they think are stronger this or better that. Don't do it. Use what is specified because that is how the darn thing was designed to work. Different bolts will torque differently so you have been warned. This is stainless steel going into aluminum for the underside bolt so if you mess it up, it will cost you plenty of aggravation and don't PM me with sob stories about how you torqued the bolts and stripped the threads of the triple clamp.

Okay, there it is. It works, it is inexpensive and now everyone who wants risers for the 2nd Gen Norge can have them today.

I hope this helps someone and also saves you some money.

There were one or two options a few years back. A simple spacer under the risers with longer bolts. Problem is there's no market for anything for the Norge. You can have one made or perhaps I can do a set for you. Ping me direct email if interested; Todd at GuzziTech.com
Hi Todd.
I would like to have you put together a spacer kit that raises the bars about three quarters of an inch. Thank you for your assistance. Denny Herreid

Hi Todd.
I would like to have you put together a spacer kit that raises the bars about three quarters of an inch. My phone is 1-509-594-6502.
Thank you for your assistance. Denny Herreid

Just an FYI: It will be best for you to shoot Todd an email: Todd@guzzitech.com
He may not come back to this thread & may miss your post.
Also like me he shy's from the telephone because it can be a real tie up when you are running a "one man show" but he will answer emails quickly.

Back